08/22 - Thunder Thursday!

What do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
So here's the deal. In true CSR fashion, I got bounced around between 3 teams in chat until someone called me and then got transferred twice during the phone call. The last stop was an actual amazon mechanical turk team, which I didn't know existed. She basically told me that they'll escalate the issue and someone will call me back. She acknowledged they had a system-wide issue about a week ago but couldn't tell me if it had been resolved, which shows they keep these people in the dark. I told her that the week-old issue was resolved and that this is a different issue and that I'm not the only one having it. Exactly what I expected, that they wouldn't tell me if they are having a system-wide issue and that they wouldn't be able to do anything or tell me anything. At least now I know someone has let them know they have an issue and that, maybe, someone is working to fix it. I guess I'll try to withdraw my money tomorrow. I've never had a withdrawal issue that didn't resolve itself within a day. Has anyone else tried to get ahold of them and figure out what's going on?

HelloHello

Reaction score
So here's the deal. In true CSR fashion, I got bounced around between 3 teams in chat until someone called me and then got transferred twice during the phone call. The last stop was an actual amazon mechanical turk team, which I didn't know existed. She basically told me that they'll escalate the issue and someone will call me back. She acknowledged they had a system-wide issue about a week ago but couldn't tell me if it had been resolved, which shows they keep these people in the dark. I told her that the week-old issue was resolved and that this is a different issue and that I'm not the only one having it. Exactly what I expected, that they wouldn't tell me if they are having a system-wide issue and that they wouldn't be able to do anything or tell me anything. At least now I know someone has let them know they have an issue and that, maybe, someone is working to fix it. I guess I'll try to withdraw my money tomorrow. I've never had a withdrawal issue that didn't resolve itself within a day. Has anyone else tried to get ahold of them and figure out what's going on?
7 try’s, 7 fails. I sent them an email earlier (good to have a written record) because I can’t stand going through the ‘loop’ with Amazon on the phone.

Nice that we can all exchange info on it - there was that heart jittering moment when I thought ‘OMG, what’s wrong with my bank account’!

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
Title: Judging Moral Transgressions (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | AcceptA
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.05] [Fast: 4.56] [Comm: 3.73] [Fair: 4.59] [Reviews: 70] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: In this HIT, you will read about different social and moral transgressions and make various ratings about them.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

Reactions: scrmcasey

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
Qualification requested successfully
Your request for the Qualification Masters has been submitted to Author Amazon Mechanical Turk.

Well, I've done all I can do for today. . . :shrug:

alk69

Reaction score
Did this a couple days ago. Paid out. A little tedious but not bad. Recommended.
Title: Judging Collisions | PANDA
Requester: Kevin Smith [A1NF0ETG2CJCYZ] (Req TV): $13.70/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.20] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Judge the weight of objects based on videos of collisions
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT Time: 25-30 minutes for the slower worker(me)

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Also, I just had my credit card alert me to fraudulent activity on my card. Apparently, someone got my information, bought some movie tickets, then tried to get gas, then they tried to order a program called "BLS iMarketsLive" which is apparently a "get rich quick" scam. I am so upset right now. It wouldn't be so bad if Amazon could get their shit together and provide some satisfactory explanation or better yet, just fix the issue....
I was in tears by the time I called the credit card company and they are taking off the charges and canceling the card, but I think what bothers me the most is not knowing how they got the number...

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for telling us about this! But I'm sorry about what's happening.
I cashed out this morning to Amazon Pay I hope it works.
I'd be totally shocked if they had more than 2 or 3 people on any kind of turk team.

Status
Not open for further replies.