08/22 - Thunder Thursday!

What do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Also, I just had my credit card alert me to fraudulent activity on my card. Apparently, someone got my information, bought some movie tickets, then tried to get gas, then they tried to order a program called "BLS iMarketsLive" which is apparently a "get rich quick" scam. I am so upset right now. It wouldn't be so bad if Amazon could get their shit together and provide some satisfactory explanation or better yet, just fix the issue....
I was in tears by the time I called the credit card company and they are taking off the charges and canceling the card, but I think what bothers me the most is not knowing how they got the number...
that happened to me a few weeks ago, like $200 worth of online charges for like bed bath beyond, and lowes or something like that.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Also, I just had my credit card alert me to fraudulent activity on my card. Apparently, someone got my information, bought some movie tickets, then tried to get gas, then they tried to order a program called "BLS iMarketsLive" which is apparently a "get rich quick" scam. I am so upset right now. It wouldn't be so bad if Amazon could get their shit together and provide some satisfactory explanation or better yet, just fix the issue....
I was in tears by the time I called the credit card company and they are taking off the charges and canceling the card, but I think what bothers me the most is not knowing how they got the number...
That happened to me more than one time a couple of years ago. I was told all kind of stuff from don’t use your card at the gas pump and that people have readers that can get the info off your card just by being near you.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Thank you for telling us about this! But I'm sorry about what's happening.
I cashed out this morning to Amazon Pay I hope it works.
I'd be totally shocked if they had more than 2 or 3 people on any kind of turk team.
If your transfer fails they email you IMMEDIATELY and IMMEDIATELY put your money back in Payments.

Dottie

Reaction score
Have SurveyComet dropped any hits this week? Haven't seen one.

Reactions: Despairagus

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
that happened to me a few weeks ago, like $200 worth of online charges for like bed bath beyond, and lowes or something like that.
That happened to me more than one time a couple of years ago. I was told all kind of stuff from don’t use your card at the gas pump and that people have readers that can get the info off your card just by being near you.
I think that people think it is a victimless crime, because they know that the credit card companies will replace the money. I don't think that they understand that it causes severe anxiety and stress for the person that has to deal with it....or maybe they simply don't care. Either way, I wish large amounts of terrible things to happen to the people that have done these things.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I think that people think it is a victimless crime, because they know that the credit card companies will replace the money. I don't think that they understand that it causes severe anxiety and stress for the person that has to deal with it....or maybe they simply don't care. Either way, I wish large amounts of terrible things to happen to the people that have done these things.
Me too! My thieves took car rides on Uber, ate at WingStop, ordered hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from Edible Arrangements . . . In short, they had one hell of a party and more than once, or at least more than one set of thieves.

Dottie

Reaction score
This happened to me like 5 times when I lived in a bad area... I now make a habit of tugging on everything I put my card into. I found a few skimmers and even some weird thing on the chip area.

I only used pre-paid cards after the 2nd time, but they'd empty the account at THE SAME ATM every single time.

Got my money back each time but god it was terrible. Especially when one time it was connected to my amazon payments and I needed to get a new card put on and payments gave me a hard time.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Have SurveyComet dropped any hits this week? Haven't seen one.
Yeah they have, I think today is the day they drop for everyone to get at so if you haven't found yours yet, should be today.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's a first in six years. I can't withdraw MY money to MY account? I bet they'd have no problem giving me an Amazon gift card for that amount!

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Mornin' Folks :coffeeman:

I just started my money transfer right before i started reading the forum. If i had read all this first i would of probably just waited until tomorrow to try.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
This is definitely not my week for money! I tried taking $60 out of an atm and right as it was processing, the atm died so I didn't get the money. I had to fill out a dispute form with my bank and won't get the money back for 7-10 days. And now I can't withdraw my payments money! Good thing I sucked it up and applied for a part time job. I got the job, now I'm waiting to see when my start date is.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: A survey about moral acts and attitudes | PANDA
Requester: Pontus Strimling [A3T18G5YWMVCP9] [TurkerView]
Description: This is a scientific study about moral behaviors, attitudes, and what people regard as important when making moral judgments. You will be asked a few questions about your experiences and your opinions. The study is expected to take 10 minutes.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exist
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 3 min, 10 sec
Catchability: Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.