08/31 - Fizzy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
There is no way you could possibly be worse than grown ass adults cutting each other in line and fighting over who gets to blow their paycheck on powerball tickets first.
how about grown ass people fighting to get in Aretha's funeral?

Reactions: thedorchannel

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Technically any job you get is not 100% reliable because you can be laid off or fired at any point. It doesn't matter what tier you work at in a company, how many hours you put in, or how great you are at the job - you're just as expendable to them as the next co-worker. When I quit my last job, I was literally told it didn't matter because I'm replaceable; they already had someone lined up and trained the day after I put in my notice. Rhetorical, but why give away so much of your life and time for that? At least with mTurk I can sit at home, be choosy-ish with my work, and create my own schedules with no real boss breathing down my neck. Just my two cents :)

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from John Beshears for work related to 37SDSEDIN92Z1W0LG0M9HLH74GN813.
The value of your bonus is: $3.94 USD

The Requester included this note:
'Because

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

running the MLB UNU on HAM since 11:30 with only HF running too....still didn't get it....
I can never catch them on PandA, personally. If I miss it when it drops, I'll PandA it for aabout 20 minutes, just in case someone dq's or throws it back. But, after that, I give up.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
...so to fully clarify what I meant, mturk is better than a low wage Part time job where everyone is scraping for hours and bosses randomly send you home.
Yes even in it's current shitty state this is very much true.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
when i worked at Walmart from 2008-2010 they would schedule me 34-39 hours a week so I would fall just under the full time mark (40 hours a week) so they didn't have to grant me insurance (since back then only FT workers got insurance there). i (believe) they might've changed it since. not sure.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
wait are you talking fulltime? my bad I was talking about part time.

When I started on mturk I was a part time worker at winn dixie and thats it.

I didn't have a reliable check at all.

They would randomly cut hours. and sometimes just tell me not to come in if it was too slow. shit wasn't fun.

mturk has been up and down, but reliable as fuck compared to a part time job.

...so to fully clarify what I meant, mturk is better than a low wage Part time job where everyone is scraping for hours and bosses randomly send you home.
oh shit, yeah. I agree with that.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
when i worked at Walmart from 2008-2010 they would schedule me 34-39 hours a week so I would fall just under the full time mark (40 hours a week) so they didn't have to grant me insurance (since back then only FT workers got insurance there). i (believe) they might've changed it since. not sure.
Jobs, in general, pull all kinds of scummy shite. It's like when they have their clock set 7 minutes ahead, and make you clock in per their time, not actual human time. They do that so that you're constantly thinking about work because, every time you look at your watch, you do the math to figure out what time it is at work. I don't play along with that petty BS.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Technically any job you get is not 100% reliable because you can be laid off or fired at any point. It doesn't matter what tier you work at in a company, how many hours you put in, or how great you are at the job - you're just as expendable to them as the next co-worker.
In theory the more skilled the job the more expensive it will be to replace someone. You would still be expendable but the company would have to think twice before rationally pulling the trigger. If you work at some minimum wage service job though they actually want you to quit/be replaced before they have to start giving you that yearly raise or whatever because there is minimal training required and pretty much anyone can fill your shoes.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
If any company ever gave me a consistant 34-39 hours a week, I'd quit working online instantly.

Winn Dixie was giving me 20-24 hours a week in 2014 when I started turking. they said if we made over 25 hours they'd have to pay health insurance cause Obama said so or something.

Reactions: Peachy

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Jobs, in general, pull all kinds of scummy shite. It's like when they have their clock set 7 minutes ahead, and make you clock in per their time, not actual human time. They do that so that you're constantly thinking about work because, every time you look at your watch, you do the math to figure out what time it is at work. I don't play along with that petty BS.
yeah it's like "you couldn't give me ONE more hour this week?!". it's not like a company as big as Walmart couldn't afford to give everyone insurance back then. i do believe they've tweaked the guidelines since (not 100% sure), but it's like come on. a lot of places pull stuff like though. you're right

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If any company ever gave me a consistant 34-39 hours a week, I'd quit working online instantly.

Winn Dixie was giving me 20-24 hours a week in 2014 when I started turking. they said if we made over 25 hours they'd have to pay health insurance cause Obama said so or something.
THANKS, OBAMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.