Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
AI and automation will give a lot of human jobs a run for their money in the next 5-25 and so on years

it's startling to think about sometimes.
but we've been slowly on this path for some time now
Jobs will be replaced by AI yes....but so will spouses.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
how is the dollar store or fast food any different than walmart? its like comparing which pile of shit smells worse.
I actually got paid (starting) higher at the Dollar Tree than I did at Macy's when I was a teenager! Dollar Tree started me out at over $8, and I got a raise fairly quick, Macy's paid me PEANUTS AND RUINED MY SOUL until I got into commision sales. Then it ruined my soul and paid me peanuts with a side of dog turds.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
AI and automation will give a lot of human jobs a run for their money in the next 5-25 and so on years

I've been thinking about going back to school to be a drug dealer....that's something that AI can't take over I don't think....

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We're all just here to do things until they can find someone, or something, cheaper to do the work. We're meaningless, and that won't ever change.

/me shrugs.

But at least robots aren't smart enough yet and we can still earn money to buy our food and distractions.

edit: I'm just turking and working till I become a super famous author and can waste all my money on coloring books and wine.
When you're a famous author I'm definitely telling people I worked with you when you were getting started:D:D:D

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i wonder in like 2030 if every retail store will just have self checkout only
if factories will just have robots
if truck drivers will all be self driving (this one is more off than the other two just due to safety - but maybe in 50-100 years?)

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
damn, remember those fishing boat hits? those were nice lol

Reactions: C to the J

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
i wonder in like 2030 if every retail store will just have self checkout only
if factories will just have robots
if truck drivers will all be self driving (this one is more off than the other two just due to safety - but maybe in 50-100 years?)
lol trust me if u work in a retail store, you'll see how unreliable those things are. they break all the time, and customers don't know how to use them.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Impressions Survey | Accept
Requester: Prof. Gregory Mitchell [A1VMXWRFHCR6YJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.70] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=20.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 600
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of the study is to examine how you perceive other people. If you participate, you will be asked some questions about your background and your perceptions of other people. You may skip any questions that make you uncomfortable.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1 min. Very Fast. HOTD[/td][/tr]

Reactions: C to the J

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
how is the dollar store or fast food any different than walmart? its like comparing which pile of shit smells worse.
Depends on which store. Some Dollar stores get crazy busy and the job can be hell. The one near me is quiet and clean. And fast food is just a slave job. You should be making about $12-$15 for getting anywhere near food preparation.
Just an opinion.

Reactions: StarfoxJ

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Lottery Tradeoffs(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Annabelle Roberts [AATUQ4YBH7D78] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.07] [Pay=4.25] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 3600
Available: 23
Description: We are researchers at the University of Chicago doing a research study about human decision making. You will be given several tradeoffs and be asked to make choices.
Qualifications: Exc: [-1564858533-104520] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score

They made us watch this in elementary school back in the 1970's.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I would probably have to work register at fast food or the dollar store.

They're all shit jobs, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. But to me fast food and dollar store are worse because there's more chance for me t o get duties that I can fuck up.Since i can fuck up pretty much anything involving money. I'm not bad at customer service though. Plus people think I like them half the time which is good for stuff like that.

The two dollar stores near me are always low staffed and frazzled and overworked. At least the walmart people look like they haven't been killed on the inside years ago.

edit: I'm having troubles stringing thoughts together today >.> Hopefully this somewhat made sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarfoxJ and Jerami

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
lol trust me if u work in a retail store, you'll see how unreliable those things are. they break all the time, and customers don't know how to use them.
customers don't want to use them. customers hate them and when they have a blip mid-scanning, then customers are prone to shouting and walking out, leaving you to gather all their left-behind stuff. Le sigh

Reactions: thedorchannel

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
I would probably have to work register at fast food or the dollar store.

They're all shit jobs, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. But to me fast food and dollar store are worse because there's more chance for me t o get duties that I can fuck up.Since i can fuck up pretty much anything involving money. I'm not bad at customer service though. Plus people think I like them half the time which is good for stuff like that.

The two dollar stores near me are always low staffed and frazzled and overworked. At least the walmart people look like they haven't been killed on the inside years ago.
understood. good point.

Reactions: Jaded

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
im not scared at all of robots doing my job. Hell, when i'm at customer service and someone wants me to do a western union to pay a bill, I literally TELL them they can do it on their phone and it'll go through faster.

when it comes to my part time winn dixie job, theres like 20 shitty cashiers they would lay off before they would get rid of me

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
They made us watch this in elementary school back in the 1970's.
We need some Red Asphalt up in here.
But the mods never let me play it.

Reactions: KillMoles

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
customers don't want to use them. customers hate them and when they have a blip mid-scanning, then customers are prone to shouting and walking out, leaving you to gather all their left-behind stuff. Le sigh
I hate using them because the guy with the blue vest gets paid to ring up my stuff. I think I should get a discount for doing it myself.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.