09/19 - Parks and Rec Tuesday

Are you a Parks and Recs fan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
most people need to supplement with additional sodium, potassium, and magnesium.

i eat eggs and meats/veg.
chicken, beef, pork, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, peppers.
some dairy.

90 percent of my dinners are a grilled protein and grilled vegetable of some sort.
marinated chicken thighs in this last night
http://carlsbadcravings.com/cilantro-lime-chicken/
grilled them up with zucchini.
I was told by my doctor to avoid beef and pork and other fatty meats except on rare occasions because according to him, they are no good and do not have much nutritional value.

Couldn't you just eat a few bananas to get your electrolytes up? One banana has 20% of the recommended daily for potassium and is high in magnesium and a bunch of other stuff as well (like antioxidants).

I love zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, and peppers though! Grilled Chicken is also really good as is seafood.

Last edited:

alk69

Reaction score
Hi, can I have an Mturk Special please? That's 10oz of dirty water, sand, 1oz of tears, the most minuscule amount of sugar possible, 32oz of pure caffeine, pineapple, the zipper from a hoodie, a soft shell taco and a punch to the face.

That'll be to go, thanks.
You left out the half pound of salt.

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
I was told by my doctor to avoid beef and pork and other fatty meats except on rare occasions because according to him, they are no good and do not have much nutritional value.

Couldn't you just eat a few bananas to get your electrolytes up? One banana has 20% of the recommended daily for potassium and is high in magnesium and a bunch of other stuff as well (like antioxidants).

I love zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, and peppers though!
Bananas are very high in carbs. If you want the cheapest easiest keto survival food look up Ketochow. I hardly eat solid food anymore.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Bananas are very high in carbs. If you want the cheapest easiest keto survival food look up Ketochow. I hardly eat solid food anymore.
What's wrong with carb's? They are naturally occurring in fruit, vegetables, tubers, and other stuff found in nature.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score

I love zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, and peppers though!
doctors are not nutritionists. they take like one course in med school.
and protein has no nutritional value? sorry but he sounds like a quack. protein is essential to the body.

there are more carbs in ONE banana than i eat in an entire day, so no. there are other veggies that DO have mag and potassium, but not enough.

the whole point of restricting carbs is for ketosis.

Reactions: sudilly and Kizka

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
this is a typical keto meal

i could seriously eat grilled protein and veg everyday forever

Status
Not open for further replies.