• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
What's wrong with carb's? They are naturally occurring in fruit, vegetables, tubers, and other stuff found in nature.
If you are interested in the science of it google ketogenic diet. If you are happy with your diet continue to rock on.

Reactions: Pleco

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
You could also just eat everything in moderation unless you have an allergy or intolerance
no moderation here. i'm an all or nothing person. if i open a bag of chips, i will not stop until i've eaten them all.

Reactions: YAHU

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Think I'll have chicken fried steak for lunch
I'm gonna have chicken flavored rice because that's how I roll.

Reactions: YAHU

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Serial Mom

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
What's wrong with carb's? They are naturally occurring in fruit, vegetables, tubers, and other stuff found in nature.
Theres nothing wrong with carbs. Your body converts carbs into chemicals that give your brain and muscles energy. If you want to lose weight, theres only one way. Eat less calories than you are using throughout the day. My best advice is to look at the package of everything that you eat and really take in how many calories you are about to eat. A handful of almonds is several hundred calories and if you eat an entire bag, you could be eating 2-3000 calories in a single sitting. The best food for you to eat and lose weight is vegetables and salads. A premade bag of salad only has like 200 calories. You could eat like 5 bags of salad and still be under the daily reccommended allowance for calories.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Decisions (2–3 minutes, $0.25) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Franklin Shaddy [A502I46C4766U] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.56] [Fast: 4.84] [Comm: 2.00] [Fair: 4.76] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 37
Description: Note that you must submit a code to MTurk to receive compensation for this study.
Requirements: 09-19-17 qualification has not been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Is food intolerance when you protest against certain food for who they are and you carry around tiki torches?
No, the people who protest against certain foods are douchebags and the tiki torch ones are paranoid little men who are way too sensitive

Reactions: <Gucci> and Pleco

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
My best advice is to look at the package of everything that you eat and really take in how many calories you are about to eat.
Don't just look, really understand what you're reading. Just because it says 150 calories per serving doesn't mean you can eat the whole bag. And most people (at least starting out) can't eyeball a serving and should probably weigh/measure things.

now if only I'd practice what I preached.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You can also like, be more active. I find it funny that people will spend so much energy and time finding alternative ways of consumption rather than taking a half hour to go jogging or swimming each day.

Tjololo

Reaction score
Hey all! Here again to talk about the Halloween hit survey! If you're not interested, ignore this post. If you've already done the survey, I appreciate it, but I added a little more information to the donation section based on survey results, more info in the spoiler!

Thanks everyone! Happy Halloween!

Heisenberg

Reaction score
doctors are not nutritionists. they take like one course in med school.
and protein has no nutritional value? sorry but he sounds like a quack. protein is essential to the body.

there are more carbs in ONE banana than i eat in an entire day, so no. there are other veggies that DO have mag and potassium, but not enough.

the whole point of restricting carbs is for ketosis.
I looked up ketsosis and found a small article that said it's used for people that have really bad seizures or something along those lines. If I'm 175 pounds and 5 foot 11 do I need to do a keto diet?

I have plenty of energy and work out almost every day. For breakfast I usually have two tuna salad sandwiches with a banana, I usually eat another banana or two for lunch, then for dinner I'll usually have 3 potatoes in some form with half a can of some sort of variety of beans (like black beans) with some sweet Asian sauce on top. My blood pressure is really good according to this monitor. I mean I'm willing to try this diet but only if I'd gain some benefit like being able to reduce my need for sleep down to like 4 hours a night.

I was told that meat has very little in the forms of vitamins/minerals by my doctor but you are correct, he is not a nutritionist and I should do more research. I really do appreciate you educating me though on this diet and your feedback because I find it interesting that people that are living with very little carb's.

I tried going without carb's once as I said before because my exes father was trying it out and I ended up shaking, feeling really weak, anxious, and I had to drink two glasses with a few teaspoons of sugar to stop feeling faint.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't just look, really understand what you're reading. Just because it says 150 calories per serving doesn't mean you can eat the whole bag. And most people (at least starting out) can't eyeball a serving and should probably weigh/measure things.

now if only I'd practice what I preached.
This applies to everything except oreos. When I get a package of oreos in my hands, a single serving is the entire package :D

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You can also like, be more active. I find it funny that people will spend so much energy and time finding alternative ways of consumption rather than taking a half hour to go jogging or swimming each day.
I started walking again every day. Even a little bit makes a huge difference!

Heisenberg

Reaction score
I run every day and do other stuff outdoors.

Reactions: jan

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
A majority of it is diet though. You can't out-exercise your calories if you're eating 3000 calories a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.