09/26 - Wii Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight

Reaction score
I wish I could get Panda Crazy buttons to work with Hit Finder. I miss using it. Hit Catcher is fine but it has so many missing features that I really want to use.

Reactions: FrenchToast

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
I'm about to bake some bread! I haven't done very much bread so sometimes it doesn't turn out. But I let the bread machine make the dough and now it's doing the second rise in the oven so we'll see how it turns out :nailbite:
Bread machine is a gift from god.

Reactions: Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It is... but I like the look and texture of oven loaves better so I'm hoping to combine the best of both worlds

Reactions: savvy

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
NO!
I'm about to bake some bread! I haven't done very much bread so sometimes it doesn't turn out. But I let the bread machine make the dough and now it's doing the second rise in the oven so we'll see how it turns out :nailbite:
You don't cook it in the machine though, do you?

I'm a big fan of Ken Forkish's bread methods. I've got to get my sourdough culture going again when I get home, though. I let it die over the summer. It's name was Bob.

Reactions: Sondi

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:O I didn't think about it that way. I just realized I don't have fancy pants. I only have jeans. Is that still a thing? Do places that aren't fancy pants businesses care if you wear jeans? Should I show up in a dress?

Good luck!

haha yer so funny.
Get a pair of cheap nice pants? I feel like IT places don't care if the rest of you is professional and if they're nice well fitting jeans, but I'd personally feel weird going anywhere in jeans. I'm a ball of anxiety about stuff like that though so idk

Reactions: Jaded

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
:O I didn't think about it that way. I just realized I don't have fancy pants. I only have jeans. Is that still a thing? Do places that aren't fancy pants businesses care if you wear jeans? Should I show up in a dress?

Good luck!

haha yer so funny.
Don't wear jeans. Go hit up a thrift store and buy a decent pair of pants. They don't have to be a business suit or anything, just not jeans.

It never hurts to overdress, but it does hurt to underdress (according to the expectations of the person doing the interviewing).

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Get a pair of cheap nice pants? I feel like IT places don't care if the rest of you is professional and if they're nice well fitting jeans, but I'd personally feel weird going anywhere in jeans. I'm a ball of anxiety about stuff like that though so idk
They are nice jeans, I like wearing jeans. I hate "soft pants." I was gonna wear a fancy shirt. SHOULD I GO BUY FANCY PANTS?!

/me flails.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
They are nice jeans, I like wearing jeans. I hate "soft pants." I was gonna wear a fancy shirt. SHOULD I GO BUY FANCY PANTS?!

/me flails.
some basic khakis or black pants. I interview lots of people, please don't show up in jeans. We work in jeans, but it doesn't look great in interviews. a basic nice blouse or polo is fine, but no jeans and sneakers or flip flops

edit: dresses are also acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.