Not open for further replies.

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score
8/358 on Csats....:thumbdown:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
some basic khakis or black pants. I interview lots of people, please don't show up in jeans. We work in jeans, but it doesn't look great in interviews. a basic nice blouse or polo is fine, but no jeans and sneakers or flip flops
THIS TOTALLY.

I actually had someone show up in what I call "shower shoes" once. You know, the cheap flip flops you would wear in the shower at a gym. I was all, "uhhhhhh....that's not even ok to wear to work once you're hired!"

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
It is... but I like the look and texture of oven loaves better so I'm hoping to combine the best of both worlds
Good luck, all the crust is nice.
I use it for pizza and stuff, it is very easy to do b/c my pizzas always turned out grand.
Since my loaves came out just over 2lbs, I was running <$0.35 a loaf for fantastic bread.
Also, pizza, pitas, and other goodies. Home-made pitas I could claim a 100% home-made Med meal.
If you do fail with pan loaves, keep trying I'm sure you can figure it if I can make consistent 10/10 pizzas.

For me, it was plugged into the wall and I figured on electricity in the cost. Now it's winter, you can re-use your oven heat anyway so it's a waRsh.

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good luck, all the crust is nice.
I use it for pizza and stuff, it is very easy to do b/c my pizzas always turned out grand.
Since my loaves came out just over 2lbs, I was running <$0.35 a loaf for fantastic bread.
Also, pizza, pitas, and other goodies. Home-made pitas I could claim a 100% home-made Med meal.
If you do fail with pan loaves, keep trying I'm sure you can figure it if I can make consistent 10/10 pizzas.
I will - even if it doesn't look right I think it will still taste good :) All that stuff sounds delicious too... :drool:

Reactions: splishsplash

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Title: Language study | Accept
Requester: Pratyusha Javangula [A3KR8Z2QRPIPNU] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1800
Available: 5
Description: A 5-minute study where you respond to sentences.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I need a language course for the name alone[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
NO!

You don't cook it in the machine though, do you?

I'm a big fan of Ken Forkish's bread methods. I've got to get my sourdough culture going again when I get home, though. I let it die over the summer. It's name was Bob.
I have never baked bread machine dough not in the machine... I've made dough in the stand mixer or by hand and baked it in the oven. So this one is bread machine + oven.

When I cut into it I'm going to say "it's under-proved" in my best Paul Hollywood accent (even if it's fine)

keeping a sourdough starter has always seems like so much work to me... I think a need a solid bread basics foundation before I do that!

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on norms, recall, and beliefs. | Accept
Requester: S3 Lab [A1KRXW3OISUI49] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.14] [Pay=4.26] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.60] [Fast=4.85] [Comm=3.83] [Fair=4.77] [Reviews=97] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.95] [Pen=0.98 days] [Res=null] [Rec=85%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.85
Duration: 18000
Available: 2
Description: Complete a survey on norms, recall, and beliefs.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey (approx. 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Olivia Kim [A37R4OKJCHM889] Contact
TO: [Pay=3.56] [Fast=4.69] [Comm=3.33] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=47] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.64] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Available: 1
Description: Answer some questions about yourself and tell us what you would do in certain situations
Qualifications: participants of ts studies in march and august 2018 DoesNotExist ; ppts of TS studies Sept and Dec 2017 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

splishsplash

Reaction score
Title: Language study | Accept
Requester: Pratyusha Javangula [A3KR8Z2QRPIPNU] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Available: 5
Description: A 5-minute study where you respond to sentences.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I need a language course for the name alone[/td][/tr]
I was just thinking that where are these names coming from lately? Certainly no dis on other nationalities but the prevalance of non-western names has skyrocketed. Glad, too, keep bringing those HITs, difficult-to-pronounce Requesters!

Reactions: rsclone

splishsplash

Reaction score
keeping a sourdough starter has always seems like so much work to me... I think a need a solid bread basics foundation before I do that!
Exactly. Since I work IN the machine, my home-made bread is simpler than picking up loaves in the store. I know the ingredients by heart and can mix by eye. Takes me less than 90 seconds to start a loaf, push a button, BAM.

I did sourdough but then let it drift off... I want simple. I want a variety of ryes and sourdoughs anyway and mine was getting boring. No, I'm sticking my armpit juice in there, Ken!

Reactions: Sondi
Status
Not open for further replies.