Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yesterday I get a text that a package from Amazon was delivered. My Christmas present- the NES classic! Except it wasn't delivered, but I was out of the house for like the 10 minutes when I got the text. I don't think anyone stole it, but you never know. I contact Amazon immediately. The rep assures me it has actually NOT been delivered and even says it is safe with the carrier, and that they accidentally hit the "delivered" button. I should get it within 24 hours. Ok, great. Today my good neighbor comes over with the package that was erroneously delivered to him yesterday. He didn't open or check the label until today. Great, except Amazon and/or USPS completely 100% lied because it HAD been delivered, just to the wrong address. FYI if they delivered it to the neighbor on the other side I'm fairly certain we would have never received it.
That shit happens way too often.
I had a $300 Ebay order that it happened to once and I spent the next 24 hours living in fear.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on Life improvement from consumption of products/services | Accept
Requester: Ayan Ghosh Dastidar [A3CAN0PZSWWRSA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about products that improve your well being
Qualifications: Completed my Survey already DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a Short Survey about Society, Politics and Technology | Accept
Requester: Ryan Shandler [A2YJA0IFJTP9QI] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=10.00] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: We invite you to participate in an experiment that deals with society, politics and technology. We expect that this survey will take approximately 15 minutes, during which time we will ask you to answer some questions and view a short video.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Past Respondents DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
6 min

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
To their credit, the PO has this lovely new thing where they will mark things as delivered b/c of numbers they must hit and then deliver it the following day, so they weren't REALLY lying, just that it happens that way sooooo much more often than the package actually being lost/stolen/misdelivered.

Source; many angry discussions with USPS 'customer service', Amazon 'customer service', my very friendly fella who works at the post office desk.
I would have agreed, except my neighbor said he received it yesterday and just thought it was one of his packages he was accepting. Of course, I didn't ask him what time he got it, but since I got the text in the evening I am assuming deliveries were about over for the day.

Reactions: Despairagus

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I would have agreed, except my neighbor said he received it yesterday and just thought it was one of his packages he was accepting. Of course, I didn't ask him what time he got it, but since I got the text in the evening I am assuming deliveries were about over for the day.
The USPS delivers on Sunday in your area? Bully for you! I'm lucky if they stop by on Saturday.

EDIT Nvm. I see. It was Saturday.:p

DBL EDIT No wait, I think it's a Sunday delivery. I give up.

Last edited:

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
That shit happens way too often.
I had a $300 Ebay order that it happened to once and I spent the next 24 hours living in fear.
Hey, I know this is unrelated to the topic at hand but I have a friend who sells on Amazon and wondered if you have similar experiences: he often gets people requesting a refund and they send him pictures of the product damaged, except they stole the picture from someone else. Is that common in eBay land? In the most recent case, the person took the picture from a previous reviewer..

Reactions: C to the J

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
The USPS delivers on Sunday in your area? Bully for you! I'm lucky if they stop by on Saturday.

EDIT Nvm. I see. It was Saturday.:p
No, it was Sunday they delivered. Unless today is Sunday and yesterday was Saturday, lol. They deliver packages on Sundays and Holidays here, but no mail.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No, it was Sunday they delivered. Unless today is Sunday and yesterday was Saturday, lol. They deliver packages on Sundays and Holidays here, but no mail.
Gotcha. Yeah they don't do much on Sunday around here. Of course, I feel like I may be the only person in my neighborhood who gets packages.

Reactions: Kennedy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey, I know this is unrelated to the topic at hand but I have a friend who sells on Amazon and wondered if you have similar experiences: he often gets people requesting a refund and they send him pictures of the product damaged, except they stole the picture from someone else. Is that common in eBay land? In the most recent case, the person took the picture from a previous reviewer..
Yes people will fuck you any way possible.
Someone attempted it with me and ebay sided in my favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.