10/27 - Tangy Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Memory Test | PANDA
Requester: Paul Bays [AU52BFD7WVBMG] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.23] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will play a short memory game, where you have to earn as many coins as possible.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 7
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Completed RewardMemory has not been granted;

mypaperheart

Reaction score
So my mom doesn't have a job right now and I was going to teach her how to turk. She had signed up a couple weeks ago and asked me how long it took for the account to get approved. For my husband and I it only took 1-2 business days so I wasn't sure what was taking so long for her. Last night she got this e-mail:

Hello,

We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Mechanical Turk.

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

What in the world??? I've never heard of anyone getting rejected to work on mturk before. There's nothing that would hinder her from being qualified to work on mturk ... I mean, she's an American citizen with a valid SS# living in the US. Anyone know why they would turn her down and when they started doing this?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
So my mom doesn't have a job right now and I was going to teach her how to turk. She had signed up a couple weeks ago and asked me how long it took for the account to get approved. For my husband and I it only took 1-2 business days so I wasn't sure what was taking so long for her. Last night she got this e-mail:

Hello,

We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

What in the world??? I've never heard of anyone getting rejected to work on mturk before. There's nothing that would hinder her from being qualified to work on mturk ... I mean, she's an American citizen with a valid SS# living in the US. Anyone know why they would turn her down and when they started doing this?
They started doing this a week or two ago. No one knows why and Amazon's not saying anything. :pensive:

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

sounds like to me, some information is probably wrong or doesnt match up. Even the slightest misspelling or wrong number they will probably not let you work.

Reactions: mypaperheart

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Give us your opinion | PANDA
Requester: lisa monahan [A1EFTCCEWGP9W7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.43 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 16 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: How appropriate are these actions? | PANDA
Requester: Behavior Science [A1OS7DYHYEMALY] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 3.85] [Comm: 3.17] [Fast: 4.07]
Description:
In this study you will complete a survey in which you make ratings about actions that involve the use of force. The study should take approximately 30 minutes to an hour to complete, and you will receive $1.20 for your participation. You must be a current resident of the United States and able to fluently read the English language in order to participate in this study.
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: None

mypaperheart

Reaction score
They started doing this a week or two ago. No one knows why and Amazon's not saying anything. :pensive:
So bizarre and dang, I wish she'd signed up sooner. :( I hate that they won't tell you why they denied your application!

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Yeah, I just went through this a couple months ago when my laptop crashed and I had to reformat/reinstall Windows. It took forever to get it built back up and I just finally had it back to normal. I didn't know you could back it up and I didn't know it could just disappear without warning for no reason at all. :(
You can get 50 gig of free cloud storage at mega.nz. They have a nifty app for windows that will monitor any folders that you set it to and automatically back them up every day so you don't have to worry about it. I highly recommend them because of their privacy policy. They don't even keep a copy of your password so if you ever lose it you're up shit's creek. I like that level of privacy, personally.

Reactions: mypaperheart

Cruxy

Reaction score
Maybe mturk is "full" and they are going to roll out that new crap interface soon...or finally take mturk outta beta?

outta beta i said.....get it?

HAHHAHAHAHAA OUTTA BETA!

Reactions: sofaslug

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
18 E-Farmers. :celebrate:
Day partially saved.

Reactions: Liz

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
edit: block requester

Last edited:
Reaction score
Title: Survey about the furniture design (2-3 Min. Survey) | PANDA
Requester: pielah kim [A3L2045ZO6UH2A] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 2.80][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 0.00]
Description:
You will be asked questions about the design of coffee table
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90, Location is US
The Requester (pielah kim) has chosen to prevent you from working on any of this Requester's HITs.

da fuck

Reactions: C to the J

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Learning about the Heart 1 | PANDA
Requester: Philip Pavlik Jr. [A68OW6A2KBYSC] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.41] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.64] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
We will measure before and after performance, with a reading and practice intervention between. You may only complete this assignment once.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Learning about the Heart 1 | PANDA
Requester: Philip Pavlik Jr. [A68OW6A2KBYSC] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.41] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.64] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
We will measure before and after performance, with a reading and practice intervention between. You may only complete this assignment once.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;
Is this like, organs or feelings?

Reactions: Vanyanka and Pleco

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
The Requester (pielah kim) has chosen to prevent you from working on any of this Requester's HITs.

da fuck
first block i know of for me :(

from the preview: Please note that you will be blocked from participating in this survey if you have taken a similar survey in the past.

mypaperheart

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the Venue Quality pandas? And the Ben Peterson pandas? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.