10/28 - Fruity Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
electrolyte @electrolyte since you're here, does it affect a requester in any way when we just accept and then return their HITs to clear captchas?
It doesn't affect them other than an annoyance. Some requesters (like Copytext and one other I can't remember) don't like it and will block people for it.

Lauren

Reaction score
tha'ts the type of stuff. higher end is better though, because it lasts longer between changes, and therefore even a higher price at face value can mean less material usage over time, and therefore the higher quality would be cheaper in the long run. but that crystal stuff is better than clay
I just went outside to check the litter. I said fresh step cause when they were out of litter one time when I was cat sitting, that's what they told me to get. looks like this time it was purina tidy cats lightweight. I just scooped everything out of the box and filled it with fresh litter and let her inside (as mad as I am, it is getting cold out there). So hopefully tonight there's no pee... I'm definitely going to move the kitchen table chairs out of the way so she isn't able to jump on the table. i'll have them try the crystal stuff when they get back. but it could also be just the fact that it's cold outside that she's not wanting to go, because she was totally fine in the summer.

Lauren

Reaction score
It doesn't affect them other than an annoyance. Some requesters (like Copytext and one other I can't remember) don't like it and will block people for it.
so they get annoyed when i use them to clear my captcha, well maybe they shouldn't take forever to approve my HITs then :p

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Why is it annoying?

From the requester's viewpoint?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I just went outside to check the litter. I said fresh step cause when they were out of litter one time when I was cat sitting, that's what they told me to get. looks like this time it was purina tidy cats lightweight. I just scooped everything out of the box and filled it with fresh litter and let her inside (as mad as I am, it is getting cold out there). So hopefully tonight there's no pee... I'm definitely going to move the kitchen table chairs out of the way so she isn't able to jump on the table. i'll have them try the crystal stuff when they get back. but it could also be just the fact that it's cold outside that she's not wanting to go, because she was totally fine in the summer.
the litterbox is outside?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it annoying?

From the requester's viewpoint?
Someone who is a requester and posts batches will probably have a better answer to this than me, but I think it's some combination of it taking longer for the HITs to get done, screwing up the order of completion, and probably just the annoyance of knowing your HITs are being "used" but not actually done.

Lauren

Reaction score
the litterbox is outside?
there is a cat door in the kitchen that goes outside. except there's a little cat shelter thing and inside is the litterbox. so it's not outside as in she has to walk outside to get to it, the door opens up right into the litterbox, but it's not inside the house, either. the dogs will eat the litter. they are disgusting.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
so they get annoyed when i use them to clear my captcha, well maybe they shouldn't take forever to approve my HITs then :p
If they're getting approved, then you're submitting them and there's no issue. If you accept them just to clear a CAPTCHA and then return them without submitting, that's different.

broomperson

Jeopardy! champion. Slayer of Austin.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 5 minutes survey | PANDA
Requester: Stefano Fiorin [A3PA2JAFFX0A24] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Answer a few simple questions for a study about people’s perceptions.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 11
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Location is one of: US-KY, US-LA, US-ND, US-TN; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80

If you live in one of the proper states this takes about 1.5 minutes

Lauren

Reaction score
If they're getting approved, then you're submitting them and there's no issue. If you accept them just to clear a CAPTCHA and then return them without submitting, that's different.
oh no what I meant is they were one of the first HITs I did when I started turking, and the first few they approved right away, then they'd take forever. I also discovered HITs that were MUCH better worth my time. so I stopped doing them. but I'm saying it's funny how they're picky and get annoyed when people use them to clear their captchas. if they paid better and approved quicker, people would actually just submit it rather than return.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
there is a cat door in the kitchen that goes outside. except there's a little cat shelter thing and inside is the litterbox. so it's not outside as in she has to walk outside to get to it, the door opens up right into the litterbox, but it's not inside the house, either. the dogs will eat the litter. they are disgusting.
oh, sort of like a little shack, but without outside access?

yea, the best method of dog prevention I've come across, was blocking it off with a baby gate, since most cats can jump to it easily, but the dogs can't.
however, you've mentioned that this cat isn't a jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.