10/28 - Fruity Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I take it this has been a somewhat slow week for everyone. I could only pick up a hit here and there when I had a little pocket of time so I can't really say.
the last few weeks have been somewhat of a slump for me.. mostly due to things going on in my personal life. usually by this time each week, i've got about PE:$110, and i'm about $10 below that right now. I did, however, get 9 hours of overtime at work tomorrow, though, and I have no problem getting paid $25/hr to pack stuff into boxes

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
the last few weeks have been somewhat of a slump for me.. mostly due to things going on in my personal life. usually by this time each week, i've got about PE:$110, and i'm about $10 below that right now. I did, however, get 9 hours of overtime at work tomorrow, though, and I have no problem getting paid $25/hr to pack stuff into boxes
Seems like you made out okay then. I have no excuse except when I had time I was lazy and wanted to do other stuff. Now I'm back at it again. I kind of ebb and flow with my mturk work ethic.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Bleh, I keep catching the broken c-sats. Might as well turn the panda off.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
dont be suprised if they are
I wouldn't be surprised one bit. Would I get a bonus if I had some of the WWF(before they had to change their name) figures still in the packages from like 13 years ago?

Last edited:

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
It is slow. Might have to kick some research tasks before calling it quits.

Reactions: Pleco and Pippa

dittobb

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Play a game! | PANDA
Requester: Alison Wood Brooks [A1FB60A1VYS2AJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.30 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.92 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 24 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Play a game online and answer some questions about it.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Qualification to Prevent Retakes has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Reactions: K'Lee and <Gucci>

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think somebody said Copytext has their stuff external from Mturk. I remember reading it on Reddit. That would explain how they know stuff is being returned.

globalworkforge 8 points 9 days ago

CopyText is publishing using an externalquestion structure, which means the HIT is being hosted on their own server.

Requesters who do this can see everything - when you preview a HIT, when you skip a HIT, when accept, submit, return or abandon a HIT. They can see how long you spent on every page, even where you clicked on a page.
Easy, just block copytext's website through your hosts file, prevents any of the code from ever being ran.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Kerek

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think somebody said Copytext has their stuff external from Mturk. I remember reading it on Reddit. That would explain how they know stuff is being returned.

CopyText is publishing using an externalquestion structure, which means the HIT is being hosted on their own server.

Requesters who do this can see everything - when you preview a HIT, when you skip a HIT, when accept, submit, return or abandon a HIT. They can see how long you spent on every page, even where you clicked on a page.
So can the admins on this forum.

:cautious:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
oh.

so anybody who's been running ublock origin would never get blocked by copytext?
If they set it up to block it, their site/code would never get ran so they couldn't grab any info that could be used to block. This would obviously not be set up by default. I've returned more than 10,000 of their HITs and have had 0 issues. I just remove the iframe of any HIT with a captcha so the page loads quicker since it doesn't have to load an external site. But removing iframe or blocking their domain with hosts/ublock/any ad blocker would work.

Reactions: Kerek and <Gucci>

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
If they set it up to block it, their site/code would never get ran so they couldn't grab any info that could be used to block. This would obviously not be set up by default. I've returned more than 10,000 of their HITs and have had 0 issues. I just remove the iframe of any HIT with a captcha so the page loads quicker since it doesn't have to load an external site. But removing iframe or blocking their domain with hosts/ublock/any ad blocker would work.
So, since i am using your catcha clear script and it only ever loads the captcha area and no iframe, they dont know that i am returning their hits?

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Easy, just block copytext's website through your hosts file, prevents any of the code from ever being ran.
Or with ublock which would probably be easier for most people.
oh.

so anybody who's been running ublock origin would never get blocked by copytext?
No, because as I'm pretty sure I pointed out in that same Reddit thread, they are much more likely to be using the MTurk API command retrieve a list from MTurk of all the worker IDs who accept and return any of their HITs, rather than trying to compare their server logs to submitted HITs retroactively. This has no dependence on their HIT content being on their own server, and can be done even if you block their server on your computer by whatever means, so do NOT count on that to protect you. Just stop using Copytext's HITs for captchas and move on to one of the many other requesters who doesn't care.

Edit: Hmm... I'd heard long ago that this was an API feature, but I'm not finding it in the current documentation, perhaps it's been discontinued or something. I don't know, I'm staying far away from them anyway personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.