11/05 - Sciency Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
better than have a group of people in a room, they can't give them nasty comments then deny a .50 cent payment. They couldn't even get a person to give information for 50 cents irl
No, and that's why MTurk's so, so much cheaper than in person studies, even with the requester fees they charge. Even if they paid MTurk workers federal minimum wage (about $1.20 for a 10 minute survey), getting a human willing to come into an office for a 10 minute survey is going to have to pay them a lot more than $1.20.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score

cassius

Reaction score
What is wrong with you, they read this place, dont' give them ideas.
It would be betterthan what others are talking about. making is pay will destroy this site unless that is what they have in mind. You pay your people. you don't make them pay to work for you and companies that try that are called scammers.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
It would be betterthan what others are talking about. making is pay will destroy this site unless that is what they have in mind. You pay your people. you don't make them pay to work for you and companies that try that are called scammers.
I think only one person suggested that having workers pay would be a good idea, and numerous people disagreed with that.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
If I didn't have masters I'd totally pay a monthly fee to get rid of captchas, or an inventory queue increase. But then mTurk would become pay2win and I'd probably stop playing.

Take that for an idea mTurk.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If they introduced Mturker's paying to turk, Amazon would then have to create a larger team/infrastructure to manage 'us'. As someone mentioned earlier, it would force Amazon to have to actually service us (if we had issues with requesters, blocks, rejections, grievances, etc).

Right now it's win-win for Amazon, they can be really hands off with us as the money from Requester fees rolls in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kizka and Rerun

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If I didn't have masters I'd totally pay a monthly fee to get rid of captchas, or an inventory queue increase. But then mTurk would become pay2win and I'd probably stop playing.

Take that for an idea mTurk.
I already said that before.

That or name your own price for any qual you want. Of course would be up to the requester whether or not they'll accept your offer and no guarantee they'll stick around long enough to recoup it (no refunds)

Reactions: Jaded

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
And now...I've officially hit double digit rejections- they don't sting like the use to

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, my break was over and y'all were not pleasant like I expected.

Go on about your business.

/me storms out.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi friends. Whats new?

Reactions: Vanyanka
Status
Not open for further replies.