• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuramazing

Contributor
Reaction score
My daughter painfully described her teenage shame, to me, yesterday
in great detail
she would have more friends - she said.......... if ONLY she had a better celllphone.............
A decade ago I remember the struggle of being on a "10 cents on each text to send/receive" plan while most of the kids at school were on unlimited ones. :LOL: A whole new phone is rough though.

Reactions: jan and Danielle

alk69

Reaction score
i had to explain it to the food stamp people and i'm sure i sounded like an idiot.
"um, people post jobs.. and like, i do them??"

next time i'm just going to say "transcription" much easier!
The state benefits people just call it ''odd jobs''. Seems some how accurate. I don't think they knew what to do with it. But they couldn't deny the cash in the bank.

jan

Reaction score
I've explained mturk many times but no one has been as this nosy as this person. It was very frustrating.
Most people would just ask what i do and thats it.
I would say, I do independent contracting work. People post tasks online (writing, editing, data entry) and hire me to do them. You code, don't you? I'd tell them that you use coding to finish some of these tasks.
Do you have anyone who can speak for you - a reference? It's one of the reasons I'm at the foodbank. At least it gives me something right now (I'm volunteering) - and I do have a supervisor there, so that helps.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
In 2012 I went out to the bar for the Mayan apocalypse. Someone decided to Play REM - End of The World at 10:15pm. I loudly shouted out "It's way too early for that song. Is this your first apocalypse?"

That story is gonna be my main contribution to the thread today.
My local bar used to have Rick Astley on the jukebox.
Would always set it to play "Never Gonna Give You Up" 4 times in a row before I left.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
The state benefits people just call it ''odd jobs''. Seems some how accurate. I don't think they knew what to do with it. But they couldn't deny the cash in the bank.
they just call it self employment and i send in my schedule c.
easy peasy

Reactions: jan

fragments

Reaction score
The second the state even thinks you have 15 cents in a bank account somewhere they are calling you to see how much they can reduce your benefits. I understand the mentality, but let me enjoy my ramen in peace State, chill. :p

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
i had to explain it to the food stamp people and i'm sure i sounded like an idiot.
"um, people post jobs.. and like, i do them??"

next time i'm just going to say "transcription" much easier!
I would say, I do independent contracting work. People post tasks online (writing, editing, data entry) and hire me to do them. You code, don't you? I'd tell them that you use coding to finish some of these tasks.
Do you have anyone who can speak for you - a reference? It's one of the reasons I'm at the foodbank. At least it gives me something right now (I'm volunteering) - and I do have a supervisor there, so that helps.
Yeah, I just say I work on various tasks that the client needs, which includes content creation, data entry, transcriptions...etc
I don't code though. life is difficult.
I keep only getting interviews for sales positions at marketing agencies.

Reactions: Kliq and jan

Thlinks

ITS COMPLICATED
Contributor
Reaction score
slow today or what?

fragments

Reaction score
Yeah, I just say I work on various tasks that the client needs, which includes content creation, data entry, transcriptions...etc
I don't code though. life is difficult.
I keep only getting interviews for sales positions at marketing agencies.
Sales positions still exist? That just seems like a nightmare in the current world. I would be a terrible sales rep anyways, but that isn't the point.

fragments

Reaction score
Great start after taking a 3 week vacation, seeing the 0 HITs pending was scary this morning...

Today's Projected Earnings: $69.97
One of these days I'll get projected earnings like this. Today is not that day. Haha.

Danielle

Aca-scuse me?
Reaction score
Sales positions still exist? That just seems like a nightmare in the current world. I would be a terrible sales rep anyways, but that isn't the point.
I used to work in retail sales, and I once got fired because someone said I gave them a wrong look. Um, sorry, but this is just how my face is. It's called Resting Bitch Face. Don't blame me cause you look stupid. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
My local bar used to have Rick Astley on the jukebox.
Would always set it to play "Never Gonna Give You Up" 4 times in a row before I left.
Should have gone with "Never Gonna Give You Up" 3 times followed by "Together Forever" and then back to "Never Gonna Give You Up."

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Great start after taking a 3 week vacation, seeing the 0 HITs pending was scary this morning...

Today's Projected Earnings: $69.97
That's a damn good ratio, averaging almost $0.50 a HIT. Nice.

fragments

Reaction score
I used to work in retail sales, and I once got fired because someone said I gave them a wrong look. Um, sorry, but this is just how my face is. It's called Resting Bitch Face. Don't blame me cause you look stupid. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I'm pretty sure that Hell is just working retail for eternity with customers like that who are only looking to escalate and cause problems because they are so unhappy with life they only want to bring others down.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Hell is just working retail for eternity with customers like that who are only looking to escalate and cause problems because they are so unhappy with life they only want to bring others down.
This just convinced me to convert to Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.