Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Bro just become an uber driver. My family works for the IRS and I was shown a tax return of an uber driver on long island who made 80k last year alone
how few and far between is that though? wonder how often he was working

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
YOu know how they have those videos of people opening a whole bunch of those kinder/surprise egg things, what do those people do with all the chocolate? do they just like... throw it away?

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: 6 minute study on choices(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Daniel Walters [A1RZEWGDQ5II60] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.24] [Fast: 3.86] [Comm: 2.75] [Fair: 3.87] [Reviews: 56] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $5.33/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.70
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 15
Description: 6 minute study on choices
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 75; Exc: [2055345-63967] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: WarmPotato and jan

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
how few and far between is that though? wonder how often he was working
To make what hes making probably he was doing it full time like 40 hours a week.

Long island is a great niche market for uber, its a very small congested island, theres 2 major airports, a ton of college campuses, malls and the city is like a 30 minute ride from my place. Probably the best fares for that dude are picking up people at the airport and driving them into the city. Big $$$

Obviously, its going to vary depending on where you live but I know jayjay lives like 5 minutes away from me so if he had a car it could be potnentially profitable for him

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
I spent a summer working at Everything's A Dollar. Can't tell you how many times people asked me what an item cost.
That's why you do what my friend did, and start learning the conversion rate in other currencies. "How much is this? Oh, that, for you, 65.47 rupees."

Reactions: James

muffin

Contributor
Reaction score
YOu know how they have those videos of people opening a whole bunch of those kinder/surprise egg things, what do those people do with all the chocolate? do they just like... throw it away?
that's good chocolate yo (or at least I thought so when I was nine)

Reactions: Jaded

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
To make what hes making probably he was doing it full time like 40 hours a week.

Long island is a great niche market for uber, its a very small congested island, theres 2 major airports, a ton of college campuses, malls and the city is like a 30 minute ride from my place. Probably the best fares for that dude are picking up people at the airport and driving them into the city. Big $$$

Obviously, its going to vary depending on where you live but I know jayjay lives like 5 minutes away from me so if he had a car it could be potnentially profitable for him
Weekends and holidays are also really good days to work because they charge more.

I found that out last New Year's when I had to pay $100 for a 5 minute ride :grimace:

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
They better be eating it.

Reactions: Jaded

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Does Uber still have Surge pricing? In that area, a driver could rack up a lot of money working only during Surge times a few years ago.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
Does Uber still have Surge pricing? In that area, a driver could rack up a lot of money working only during Surge times a few years ago.
Yeah they do surge pricing but its not 2x anymore, its more like 1.3x or 1.5x which still adds a lot of money into your pocket on certain nights Plus, you can also deliver food using uber eats through the app to get extra cash as well. Ive signed up to be a driver for uber but havent used it yet. Im thinking about trying it this weekend and to do a mix of turk/uber

Reactions: scrmcasey
Status
Not open for further replies.