Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Describe types (i.e., city, politician, movie, time period, abstract concept) of a noun phrase in a sentence. | PANDA
Requester: Eunsol Choi [AEI2OW0KWI2B7] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Given a sentence and a noun phrase in it, please name the types (i.e., sports player, time period, furniture, city, movie, album, war).
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 100
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 96;

Idk about these yet. The instructions kind of confuse me.

EDIT: Ok, I think I get it but still don't know if I want to do them.

Last edited:
Reactions: harriss143

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
who is the picky person on percys?

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
who is the picky person on percys?
What do you mean by picky?

I had someone who was just doing what it says DON'T SAY, and I left them, lol

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
More pins??? I left for an hour.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
from the Pinterest batch:

Thanks for your interest in this assignment. Unfortunately you failed a certain number of test questions over the past few assignments, so you won't be able to work on any more tasks in this group of assignments. You're not blocked from doing future work for us, but please be more careful with your responses moving forward.

damn, I didn't know they had test questions. I thought I was doing them right. Wish they would tell me what I got wrong.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Psychology Experiment (35 minutes)
UCL MetaLab

Was this hit blank for anyone else? "Loading..." flashed when I clicked the link then nothing else happened.
Yep, emailed the requester and never got any response.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Thanks for your interest in this assignment. Unfortunately you failed a certain number of test questions over the past few assignments, so you won't be able to work on any more tasks in this group of assignments. You're not blocked from doing future work for us, but please be more careful with your responses moving forward.

damn, I didn't know they had test questions. I thought I was doing them right. Wish they would tell me what I got wrong.
They do put certain pins scattered throughout the batch that have to be categorized correctly in order to continue :meh:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

They posted this earlier.

http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/564493/

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about Pinterest anymore. I sent them a message because I haven't been able to do do any of their hits recently. This is the message:
Thanks for reaching out! Looks like the test question you failed was pretty objective. This Pin example in our guidelines is close to what you got wrong: the Pin shows pasta, but not pasta salad.

Hope that helps. Thanks for working on our HITs!
The Pin Quality Team
I did one and I didn't have any questions about pasta. Even so, a person thinking pasta salad is relevant to pasta or vice versa seems pretty reasonable and shouldn't be a factor to determine a block or ban or whatever you want to call it. No help. Also, I'm salty that some people got to do $100 worth and I only got to do 2 because of this. Hopefully they can fix their system because it is hard to keep from getting a block. I'm going to say that a pin is asparagus even if the pin is fish and with asparagus because it still has an asparagus recipe in it, even if the search term isn't fish and asparagus because it makes senses and should be objective in that sense.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, thanks! I missed that earlier :)
Actually, I did notice that in their instruction section tonight. I make sure to pay special attention to it lately since I was failing on the spammies. Nice that they put something together for us!

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about Pinterest anymore. I sent them a message because I haven't been able to do do any of their hits recently. This is the message:

I did one and I didn't have any questions about pasta. Even so, a person thinking pasta salad is relevant to pasta or vice versa seems pretty reasonable and shouldn't be a factor to determine a block or ban or whatever you want to call it. No help. Also, I'm salty that some people got to do $100 worth and I only got to do 2 because of this. Hopefully they can fix their system because it is hard to keep from getting a block. I'm going to say that a pin is asparagus even if the pin is fish and with asparagus because it still has an asparagus recipe in it, even if the search term isn't fish and asparagus because it makes senses and should be objective in that sense.
Try messaging them on the forum?

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Try messaging them on the forum?
I sent them an email and that is what I got back. I some blanket statement that kind of feels like they didn't put a lot of thought into it, so I'm not confident talking them here will be much more effective.

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.