Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about Pinterest anymore. I sent them a message because I haven't been able to do do any of their hits recently. This is the message:

I did one and I didn't have any questions about pasta. Even so, a person thinking pasta salad is relevant to pasta or vice versa seems pretty reasonable and shouldn't be a factor to determine a block or ban or whatever you want to call it. No help. Also, I'm salty that some people got to do $100 worth and I only got to do 2 because of this. Hopefully they can fix their system because it is hard to keep from getting a block. I'm going to say that a pin is asparagus even if the pin is fish and with asparagus because it still has an asparagus recipe in it, even if the search term isn't fish and asparagus because it makes senses and should be objective in that sense.
I completely understand where you're coming from but try to think about the pins a bit more globally: if I said that I had pasta tonight while it may be reasonable to think of pasta salad, is that really the first thing you thought of when I said I had pasta?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Health Beliefs Survey (possible $0.50 bonus) (~ 11 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Susan Persky [ABHMPUAGTZEC0] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Looking for people either with or without diabetes to answer questions about how they think and feel about issues related to diabetes
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.45
Qualifications: Exc: [886389-27658] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; Location is one of: US;

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I completely understand where you're coming from but try to think about the pins a bit more globally: if I said that I had pasta tonight while it may be reasonable to think of pasta salad, is that really the first thing you thought of when I said I had pasta?
Well that wasn't one I got, I'm just saying that I could see someone thinking that. Just like Thanksgiving dinner, some people might not think, say fruit salad, belongs in that search, but someone in my family makes it every year, and it's delicious, and I would probably say yes to that.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep expecting to see the no tasks available message but these damn things keep going.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well that wasn't one I got, I'm just saying that I could see someone thinking that. Just like Thanksgiving dinner, some people might not think, say fruit salad, belongs in that search, but someone in my family makes it every year, and it's delicious, and I would probably say yes to that.
I hear ya ... but would the Average Joe American thing fruit salad is a Thanksgiving item? Maybe try to think about the pins on a 5th grade level. That's what I've been trying to do.

Good news though ... you can try again tomr :) Although, I know that doesn't alleviate your frustration tonight, nor fill your coffer but :wink:

charlie

Reaction score
yep. i was barred twice, once earlier today, but this current batch i'm holding ok (taking a break because i realized i haven't eaten all day yikes!). if the description doesn't have the query in it anywhere i've been marking it irrelevant. So.. "toddler meals" is not the same as "kids meals" and "weight loss meals" is not the same as "zero calorie meals." Even though a zero calorie meal is pretty much a weight loss meal pinterest apparently is looking for more literal comparisons.
You guys have fun and if there's no pins when i get back such is life but food comes first (and a short break from cabin fever)

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
And now I get boned doing Percys and I see why pinterest might be skeptical on their hits. I don't care that you're friend went to arab, just answer my questions.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
And now I get boned doing Percys and I see why pinterest might be skeptical on their hits. I don't care that you're friend went to arab, just answer my questions.
but what if they did..

Today's Projected Earnings: $31.72 + Bonuses: $0.01 = $31.73

Reactions: turkleton

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
but what if they did..

Good for them and that's fine (first of all, the correct response is probably Saudi Arabia) but I can't get any of them done anyone because of people like that.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Good for them and that's fine (first of all, the correct response is probably Saudi Arabia) but I can't get any of them done anyone because of people like that.
What if Arab was a schoool they went to?

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
What if Arab was a schoool they went to?

They later responded saying they had another friend in Russia, so no. Also, school wasn't one of the similarities.

broomperson

Jeopardy! champion. Slayer of Austin.
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Yla Tausczik for work related to 3Z56AA6EK4067KEQTEW3Q9M11OQM6G.
The value of your bonus is: $0.71 USD

The Requester included this note:
correct answer

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Status
Not open for further replies.