12/21 - Fantastic Voyage Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Now, for everyone to ponder - since she was so quick to pull the trigger on a mass rejection would she have been inclined to reverse those rejections if only a few workers emailed her? Since she had no guilt about hitting that reject button in the first place I am inclined to say that she only cared when her co-workers and superiors got involved. I am sure she is genuinely terrified but maybe this is the exact kind of educational experience that she needed, too.
IMO (like it matters) I think that being all indignant and righteous at the first communications is what really got people going hard. :/

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not defending the turkers who did that to her at all, but I think a lot of requesters underestimate just how smart/resourceful turkers are. I would have loved to see her face when she started getting slandering emails/getting asked by her coworkers why they were being spammed with emails/probably death threats within minutes. I'm sure she's gonna start her weekend off with a ton of booze after this.

I personally have no ill will towards her, and I fully appreciate the severity of the situation and how upset she has to be right now because some people jumped the gun and started being dicks to her.
I actually sent a very polite email (that I had to edit 15 times and count to 100 while doing). Putting forth that much effort to remain pleasant seriously wiped me the fuck out. lol

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 5 (+/-2)-minute survey | Accept
Requester: Irene [A2005EP47NDO85] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.17] [Pay=2.58] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.94] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.87] [Reviews=54] [ToS=4]
TO2: [Hrly=6.33] [Pen=0.08 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 40:00
Available: 1
Description: imagine yourself in a scenario and answer questions about it
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; participated in strength studies DoesNotExist ; completed pre-test FACES DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3 minutes[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Mr_AvocadoMan

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
I might have emailed a requester telling them that the way they were using Mturk for data collection was exploiting the same people they have vowed to help in their companies mission statement. Complete with instructions, examples, the pay the person was willing to pay workers, and the fee that would have been owed to Amazon to not only the requester but everyone in the online directory...from the CEO to the secretary. If their email was on the company webpage, they were part of the email. Sometimes inner office shame is the only way to get your point across. Hope that was 10 bucks you spent on data collection was well spent buddy. Enjoy the glares and inner office memos.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] (Req TV): $13.96/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.27] [Fair: 4.40] [Comm: 3.44] [Fast: 4.13]
Description:
Earn 0.6$ for a 6-min survey
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 93; Location In US;

Status
Not open for further replies.