Game of Thrones Weekly Discussion

What storyline are you most interested in watching this year

• Total voters

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm all for not being picky about realism as long as the story line is good and makes sense, but tonight's episode is really pushing it...

'patched up' lol

Sure, np, time to jump off some balconies.
no, see, Lady Crane is really good at fixing holes in people. It's okay.

\

Reactions: DCI and j0e

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm mad that the Hound didn't take that guys amazing yellow cloak. It was so yellow.

Also sort of confused and surprised that NO ONE thought about the fact that Edmure was the lord of Riverrun prior. I do not understand how that bit of information escaped everyone, except Jaime, until late in the game. That whole scene bugged me for so many reasons. The Tully soldiers were cool with letting Edmure stay prisoner roughly 60 feet outside the door, and didn't really give a crap or argue when the Blackfish basically told the Lannister/Frey soldiers to just go ahead and hang him... but then as soon as he walks up to the door to give a VERY OBVIOUSLY FORCED set of orders, suddenly they feel like they have to obey him. Yeah, you can justify a lot of it away with 'Blah blah blah siege tactics" or whatever, but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I guess the Freys are just really bad at sieges.

But then the Blackfish helps Brienne and Pod and he absolutely could have gotten in that boat. And he refuses to because of blah blah blah I am old and stubborn shit. But his justification was stupid. Yeah, Brienne will be very useful to Sansa. You know who else would be useful to Sansa? YOU. And there's no reason that she can't have both of you. The boat was perfectly large enough for all three of you, it wasn't the fucking door from the Titanic. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to hop in the boat and go do something useful for your family than it does to go get yourself murdered for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: Jaded

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
This episode was much more satisfying.

Although the fact that people seem to keep forgetting that Danerys has DRAGONS is starting to weird me out. How do you keep forgetting that? It's pretty much her whole thing. You aren't allowed to act all surprised when her three big ass dragons respond to your stupid antics by being big ass, flying, fire breathing dragons.

Also Isaiah tried to argue with me last night that the giant's name wasn't Wun Wun and I gave him crap about it for the entire rest of the episode.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
This episode was much more satisfying.

Although the fact that people seem to keep forgetting that Danerys has DRAGONS is starting to weird me out. How do you keep forgetting that? It's pretty much her whole thing. You aren't allowed to act all surprised when her three big ass dragons respond to your stupid antics by being big ass, flying, fire breathing dragons.

Also Isaiah tried to argue with me last night that the giant's name wasn't Wun Wun and I gave him crap about it for the entire rest of the episode.

I wanna say they are forgetting because she hasn't really used them a whole lot. Plus 2 were locked up and 1 MIA. (And she was MIA for a while, so maybe idk?)

Also thanks, I could not for the life of me remember the giants name and it was bothering me.

I really liked this episode. I was about to get pissy when Jon was facing down the whole army. I told fiance "they better not do that." and then they didn't (well not exactly.) He was super damned lucky (or R'hllor blessed I guess.) during that battle though.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I wanna say they are forgetting because she hasn't really used them a whole lot. Plus 2 were locked up and 1 MIA. (And she was MIA for a while, so maybe idk?)

Also thanks, I could not for the life of me remember the giants name and it was bothering me.

I really liked this episode. I was about to get pissy when Jon was facing down the whole army. I told fiance "they better not do that." and then they didn't (well not exactly.) He was super damned lucky (or R'hllor blessed I guess.) during that battle though.

I yelled at Jon a lot.

"WTF. No, why are you getting on the horse. What are you doing? What is your plan here?"
"No, dude, you are riding away from your army for no reason. Turn the fuck around."
"Dude, your brother is going to die, you are not going to save your brother."
"Jesus will you please listen to Sansa"
"Look, see? Your brother died. And now you are way the hell away from your army"
"NO JON. YOU AGREED THAT YOUR ONLY CHANCE WAS TO WAIT FOR THEM TO CHARGE YOU."
"NO"
"JON WHY ARE YOU SO BAD AT WAR."

And then Sansa. It was cool that the Vale soldiers came in and saved them all...but jesus. She threw that hissy fit because people weren't listening to her, but at the same time, she refused to mention that Littlefinger might be riding in with a bunch of soldiers. I get that she doesn't want to lose "her" army or whatever her hang up is supposed to be, but at the same time, you can't get mad that no one knows about the extra soldiers that you're purposefully not telling them about.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I yelled at Jon a lot.

"WTF. No, why are you getting on the horse. What are you doing? What is your plan here?"
"No, dude, you are riding away from your army for no reason. Turn the fuck around."
"Dude, your brother is going to die, you are not going to save your brother."
"Jesus will you please listen to Sansa"
"Look, see? Your brother died. And now you are way the hell away from your army"
"NO JON. YOU AGREED THAT YOUR ONLY CHANCE WAS TO WAIT FOR THEM TO CHARGE YOU."
"NO"
"JON WHY ARE YOU SO BAD AT WAR."

And then Sansa. It was cool that the Vale soldiers came in and saved them all...but jesus. She threw that hissy fit because people weren't listening to her, but at the same time, she refused to mention that Littlefinger might be riding in with a bunch of soldiers. I get that she doesn't want to lose "her" army or whatever her hang up is supposed to be, but at the same time, you can't get mad that no one knows about the extra soldiers that you're purposefully not telling them about.

I actually completely forgot she had written Littlefinger. I'm thinking the reason she didn't say anything was the writers trying to keep the (tiny bit of) surprise intact, so she just threw a hissy fit instead. And then it's like "OH SHIT IS THAT A HORN!? WHO'S HERE?!"

I just really liked this episode. That scene with Jon almost being trampled to death, Sansa's smile as Ramsey became dogfood, all of it was so great and I feel like the season finale is just gonna be poop compared to it >.<

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually completely forgot she had written Littlefinger. I'm thinking the reason she didn't say anything was the writers trying to keep the (tiny bit of) surprise intact, so she just threw a hissy fit instead. And then it's like "OH SHIT IS THAT A HORN!? WHO'S HERE?!"

I just really liked this episode. That scene with Jon almost being trampled to death, Sansa's smile as Ramsey became dogfood, all of it was so great and I feel like the season finale is just gonna be poop compared to it >.<
I assume the writers didn't want to remind people...but I hadn't forgotten. Every time Sansa said they didn't have enough guys, I was thinking "Well when Littlefinger shows up you will. You'll be fine."

I was very worried for That Wildling With The Beard. I was pretty sure he was going to die, and he hadn't even had a chance to have fuzzy Wildling sex with Brienne in the parsnip cupboard yet.

OH. And poor Davos! I didn't realize that he wasn't aware of what happened to Shereen! For some reason I thought he knew about that.

But honestly I loved the episode, there were just things that made me go "Why are you doing that, quit doing that. That's a bad decision."

Then again the show wouldn't be nearly as interesting if people made good decisions.

And yeah...the finale can not possibly be as deliciously satisfying. It's very hard to bear Ramsey getting his face eaten by a dog. That was pretty much the only method of death I wanted to see, too. As soon as he mentioned that it had been a while since he fed his dogs, I was going "So they are definitely going to eat you. This pleases me." I mean...Sansa could have knifed him or something, but I really wanted his dogs to eat him. It felt very karma-ish.

As for the finale. Maybe they'll finally quit dicking around and go inside the Tower of Joy. That would be nice.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I was very worried for That Wildling With The Beard. I was pretty sure he was going to die, and he hadn't even had a chance to have fuzzy Wildling sex with Brienne in the parsnip cupboard yet.

I'm very much looking forward to awkward Wilding With the Beard and Brienne times. And I just like WWtB.

Reactions: Aydiarose

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I also love checking the GoT reddit the day after an episode for things like this

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I also love checking the GoT reddit the day after an episode for things like this

LOL.

That scene was just...I laughed a lot. Poor Jon spent a good 30 seconds just trying to engage with people and everyone just ignored him.

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
What's killing me about last night's episode though is what price does Littlefinger's help come at? Sansa really gives me a rash sometimes, because I think she gets it and then she does things I am less sure of. Also apparently the North and the Dothraki hinterlands have something like four locations since rings and stag carvings are so easy to come by. Still, nice battle. xD

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I hated this part soo much. In combat surprises like this are to say the least very very very rare. Armies sends out scouts for miles just so something like this doesn't happen, a small concealed force sure no problem. but a force of any size like that would have been spotted for miles, just from the dust. I know it's just a show, and I'll go back to the normal channel now.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
What's killing me about last night's episode though is what price does Littlefinger's help come at? Sansa really gives me a rash sometimes, because I think she gets it and then she does things I am less sure of. Also apparently the North and the Dothraki hinterlands have something like four locations since rings and stag carvings are so easy to come by. Still, nice battle. xD
I wish she would stop being so freaking suggestible.

Littlefinger is a slimy little shit, and she KNOWS THAT. He has fucked her over, he fucked her dad over, he fucked her aunt over, he was involved in fucking her brother over and her mom over. All he does is fuck people over, and when he's not actively fucking them over, he is scheming to fuck them over in the future. He only helps people if he directly benefits, and he will not hesitate to fuck them over as soon as it becomes convenient.

So the fact that he briefly mumbles something about Jon not being trustworthy and she lets it color her opinion of Jon is just...what? Seriously? Your response to Littlefinger telling you not to trust someone should be to trust Littlefinger even less.

I'm not even saying she shouldn't work with him. Exploit his obvious hard on all you want, Sansa. But quit listening when he mutters at you.

The stag carving thing kind of made sense, I think they even commented on the fact that it was the same spot where Stannis had camped. It's the best place to launch an attack on Winterfell, and they were both coming from The Wall.

Finding that one tiny ring in the middle of a gigantic field was wildly unlikely.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Your response to Littlefinger telling you not to trust someone should be to trust Littlefinger even less.
If Littlefinger told me "Don't trust <Random Person.>" <Random Person> would be the only person I trusted from then on.

NEETbro

Hikikomori NEET
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish she would stop being so freaking suggestible.

Littlefinger is a slimy little shit, and she KNOWS THAT. He has fucked her over, he fucked her dad over, he fucked her aunt over, he was involved in fucking her brother over and her mom over. All he does is fuck people over, and when he's not actively fucking them over, he is scheming to fuck them over in the future. He only helps people if he directly benefits, and he will not hesitate to fuck them over as soon as it becomes convenient.

So the fact that he briefly mumbles something about Jon not being trustworthy and she lets it color her opinion of Jon is just...what? Seriously? Your response to Littlefinger telling you not to trust someone should be to trust Littlefinger even less.

I'm not even saying she shouldn't work with him. Exploit his obvious hard on all you want, Sansa. But quit listening when he mutters at you.

The stag carving thing kind of made sense, I think they even commented on the fact that it was the same spot where Stannis had camped. It's the best place to launch an attack on Winterfell, and they were both coming from The Wall.

Finding that one tiny ring in the middle of a gigantic field was wildly unlikely.
Ser, How DARETH THOU! You do not question the Lord of Light. For He works in MYSTERIOUS WAYS!

Reactions: Aydiarose and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I hated this part soo much. In combat surprises like this are to say the least very very very rare. Armies sends out scouts for miles just so something like this doesn't happen, a small concealed force sure no problem. but a force of any size like that would have been spotted for miles, just from the dust. I know it's just a show, and I'll go back to the normal channel now.

Yeah, someone definitely would have seen them coming. I put that in the "ignore that" area and just go with it.

NEETbro

Hikikomori NEET
Contributor
Reaction score
On a serious note, i really hope they don't waste time next week with Jon and Davos being upset at Sansa. Though they technically have every right to be upset.

Reactions: kryss