Game of Thrones Weekly Discussion

What storyline are you most interested in watching this year

• Total voters

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
On a serious note, i really hope they don't waste time next week with Jon and Davos being upset at Sansa. Though they technically have every right to be upset.

I just want the Tower of Joy. Anything else is a waste of an episode.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish she would stop being so freaking suggestible.

Littlefinger is a slimy little shit, and she KNOWS THAT. He has fucked her over, he fucked her dad over, he fucked her aunt over, he was involved in fucking her brother over and her mom over. All he does is fuck people over, and when he's not actively fucking them over, he is scheming to fuck them over in the future. He only helps people if he directly benefits, and he will not hesitate to fuck them over as soon as it becomes convenient.
You have to remember though, She doesn't know about all that. She doesn't know he was involved in her dad's downfall, or Robbs. He saved her life by fucking over her aunt. From her point of view he had been protecting her for a while before giving her to Ramsay. He got her away from King's Landing and if she chooses to believe him, he didn't know about Ramsay being a monster.

Reactions: j0e and Jaded

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to remember though, She doesn't know about all that. She doesn't know he was involved in her dad's downfall, or Robbs. He saved her life by fucking over her aunt. From her point of view he had been protecting her for a while before giving her to Ramsay. He got her away from King's Landing and if she chooses to believe him, he didn't know about Ramsay being a monster.
Like she said

If he did know, he's an asshole.
If he didn't know, he's an idiot.

At the very least she didn't give him a pass on Ramsey.

I will admit that it's too many episodes in for me to remember straight. I thought she had been informed Littlefingers BS with the gold cloaks.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Like she said

If he did know, he's an asshole.
If he didn't know, he's an idiot.

At the very least she didn't give him a pass on Ramsey.

I will admit that it's too many episodes in for me to remember straight. I thought she had been informed Littlefingers BS with the gold cloaks.
I could be wrong, I know in the books she doesn't have a clue.. Its the reason many people suspect she'll eventually kill him when she finds out but in the show I don't think she knows.

Reactions: Jaded

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
On a serious note, i really hope they don't waste time next week with Jon and Davos being upset at Sansa. Though they technically have every right to be upset.
I don't think that will happen for two reasons. One, this isn't The Young and The Restless :p. Two, realistically if she had told jon about the arryn forces (possibly) joining them, and asked jon to wait, they'd risk ramsay holding up inside the walls of winterfell and then they'd have to brave the winter outside the walls. And I'm sure the boltons would have fortified the door so one giant couldn't break it down. Also, where the fuck are Wun Wun's brothers, sisters, cousins...?? Why is he the only giant with the night's watch!?

Reactions: j0e and NEETbro

NEETbro

Hikikomori NEET
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think that will happen for two reasons. One, this isn't The Young and The Restless :p. Two, realistically if she had told jon about the arryn forces (possibly) joining them, and asked jon to wait, they'd risk ramsay holding up inside the walls of winterfell and then they'd have to brave the winter outside the walls. And I'm sure the boltons would have fortified the door so one giant couldn't break it down. Also, where the fuck are Wun Wun's brothers, sisters, cousins...?? Why is he the only giant with the night's watch!?
Totally agreed. But yeah you'd think 1+1 woulda knocked a tree down or something to use. Probably why he looked so confused every time they panned to him during a view of the front line. Poor dude is wondering why they put him up there without a weapon.
Also for him being the only giant, he explained a couple?/some?/several? episodes ago to Jon he was pretty much the last one left.

Kinda sad how he went out tho.

Reactions: j0e

LightningLord

Contributor
Reaction score
Totally agreed. But yeah you'd think 1+1 woulda knocked a tree down or something to use. Probably why he looked so confused every time they panned to him during a view of the front line. Poor dude is wondering why they put him up there without a weapon.
Also for him being the only giant, he explained a couple?/some?/several? episodes ago to Jon he was pretty much the last one left.

Kinda sad how he went out tho.
Yeah, I also thought it was pretty stupid of Ramsay to shoot an arrow into his eye, and not Jon's and Tormund's head first. I get that the show needs to be Hollywood'd up for whatever reason, but George Martin prides himself in making realistic scenarios in an otherwise mystical land. If that situation happened in the books, you'd bet Jon would be dead. Again.

Reactions: j0e and NEETbro

LightningLord

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, question for whoever made the poll, what about adding in the white walkers/Bran's storyline. That's definitely my favorite.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh.

Also. I am digging the Girl Power vibe right now so hard. I'm sure it won't last, but I like that the balance of power is so strongly shifted towards the female side for once. I think I've said that before, but it bears repeating. Most of the plot lines are being carried by women right now and I like it.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh.

Also. I am digging the Girl Power vibe right now so hard. I'm sure it won't last, but I like that the balance of power is so strongly shifted towards the female side for once. I think I've said that before, but it bears repeating. Most of the plot lines are being carried by women right now and I like it.

I ship Dany and Yara

Reactions: j0e and Infinity

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll admit that in the books, I don't really give two craps about Asha/Yara...but in the show, she's easily one of my favorite characters.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I also thought it was pretty stupid of Ramsay to shoot an arrow into his eye, and not Jon's and Tormund's head first. I get that the show needs to be Hollywood'd up for whatever reason, but George Martin prides himself in making realistic scenarios in an otherwise mystical land. If that situation happened in the books, you'd bet Jon would be dead. Again.
Yeah I can definitely see the books handling it differently. However, knowing Ramsay, I can see how he would take pride in killing WunWun and (perhaps unbeknownst to him) the last of an entire race rather than taking a shot at Jon.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Holy shit this episode so far

Reactions: MsAlys

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
That was so good, I really thought it was gonna end up being a terrible episode but it wasn't. Can't wait till next season, can they just make it come on now!

I think Sansa needs to accidentally push littlefinger off a tower or something though. Just saying

Reactions: j0e and MsAlys

LexDigg

Lounge Act
Contributor
Reaction score
That was so good, I really thought it was gonna end up being a terrible episode but it wasn't. Can't wait till next season, can they just make it come on now!

I think Sansa needs to accidentally push littlefinger off a tower or something though. Just saying
Yes death to Stank Finger!!!