mturk HITs page loads very slowly

DONTDOIT

Custom Title:
Contributor
Reaction score
I just emailed support. I expect it to go nowhere but if this doesn't improve I'm not going to be able to turk anymore. :(

Edit: It's now happening when I am logged out too. Hmm.
logged out still working here

CloudNine

Reaction score
I emailed them again. I don't know if there's anything else we can do but bombard them with emails

Reactions: DONTDOIT

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
I usually never do batches but I can't accept a single survey before it's gone. Working from a batch and accepting the next HIT seems to work without too much slowness. But I can't scrape, can't PANDA, and can't do any searches.

DONTDOIT

Custom Title:
Contributor
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity did things just start working again for you guys?

CloudNine

Reaction score
Yup.. so pretty sure all of us in here have the exact same problem. It works and stops at the same time for everyone.

Reactions: DONTDOIT

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Have you guys mentioned in the emails that multiple workers are having the same issues and it seems to be effecting more workers as time goes on?

CloudNine

Reaction score
Have you guys mentioned in the emails that multiple workers are having the same issues and it seems to be effecting more workers as time goes on?
Not sure about everyone else but i have. Still getting the generic replies

Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Not sure about everyone else but i have. Still getting the generic replies
Has anyone tried the bezos email? Sometimes that can get things moving quicker.

Reactions: CloudNine

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
I mentioned in mine that I had spoken to other workers who were having the same problems and that we were all being affected in the same way during the same specific period of time.

Reactions: CloudNine and kryss

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
what email address do you use to contact customer service? going to email them and CC bezos. this is ridiculous, i haven't been able to even view my dashboard since 11am this morning. it's really hurting my earnings and weeknights since i then have to turk at home to make up for the lost day and my bf gets annoyed when i'm on the computer all night (and i am too!)

Reactions: CloudNine

turks24

Reaction score
what email address do you use to contact customer service? going to email them and CC bezos. this is ridiculous, i haven't been able to even view my dashboard since 11am this morning. it's really hurting my earnings and weeknights since i then have to turk at home to make up for the lost day and my bf gets annoyed when i'm on the computer all night (and i am too!)

Please send any screenshots of the issue or error message as an attachment to mturk-attachments@amazon.com with the subject 'Mechanical Turk Worker Issue'.

I think the front line support people are just going to reply with a form email every time. In my last email I said that I was having the problem with multiple browsers and devices and can definitively rule out it being an issue solved by clearing cookies and cache. They still sent the 'clear cookies' response.

Site is totally unusable for me right now.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Still having problems here, been consistent since 8 am, so 5+ hours now.

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here but I'm an established member next door.

I've been having the same issues with the "Your request was not completed successfully" error messages during the hours of 11 a.m. EST to about 4 p.m. EST. This has been going on for over a week now but today is the worst it has ever been.

I have sent multiple emails to Turk and (surprise, surprise) that didn't help at all.

I saw you guys have a great thread devoted to this issue so if it's okay, I'll add my experiences to it as the situation develops.

Hopefully together we can figure this out and get our accounts working again. Because my earnings have taken over a 50% hit each day due to this issue.

- Sean

CloudNine

Reaction score
Just got this email from them.

Hello,

We are aware of the issue our website experiences during the mentioned times and are currently working towards a resolution.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional information.

Has anyone gotten a response like that from them? Seems like they at least have noticed the problem and it isn't being ignored. Looks like progress.

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
I woke up to this email:

Hi Sean

This is Adele from Mechanical Turk Support Team.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the Mechanical Turk site.

I've forwarded this to our developers to investigate and work toward a resolution.

Thanks for your patience while we look into this.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

Reactions: kryss and CloudNine