MTurk Mentors

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami

HF at 1100 or 1000. HS at 0 (if I'm trying to catch HITs that come up) or 1 if I want a list of batch work. (But I have a slowww Internet: ping is 40, UL is 5.16, DL is 1.)

"and HitCatcher with some more PandAs" Yes.

I do spend most of my time looking for HITs. On a "good" day, I'll knock out from 15 to maybe 30 HITs. If someone like Avery or Hannah Rashkin post, I can get in 30 to 150 or so. Pathetic.

I have NOT been running HF or HS in their own window but will start doing that when I'm done here. I just drag and drop the tab I've got them in "off screen" till they show up in my task bar at the bottom of the screen, right?

"I know the most recent HIT, in 'Logged HITs' will always be at the top." I didn't realize that! A moment ago I just "sat on" the upper most HIT "Accept" button and as soon as it "chirped" at me, I hit the "accept." And caught a HIT. ( I returned it because it was a game, but I DID get the HIT! I also have to get over my "thing" about not doing games." I've been wayyyyy off base using HF, but now I get it!!! Thanks!! (I think I may need to go over to the MTS thread and read that again. F***) HS doesn't do the same thing, does it? Loading all new HITs at the top?

I have taken to accepting HITs as they pop up and returning them if I didn't have the quals or didn't think I liked them (or they appeared too .... confusing to me). I was a bit afraid my rejection rate, which is 0.1201%. I've been turking since February 2016 and have only 26.000+ HITs. :(

On the PandA thing for HITs posted on the forum. I do that but find it not very effective. So it IS a waste of time, so I need to stop doing that.

Wish I could have been more cogent with this reply but did the best I could do today Is there anything I didn't respond to?.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Metallica @Metallica

".. To be at your most efficient turking, you'd want to avoid looking at the forum instead of whichever scraper."

I'm weening myself off the forum and PC (which is pretty useless imho). But I also use the forum to learn from all my fellow Turkers, but will set aside a time of day or night to do that and concentrate on scanning for HITs instead.

"..but watching a scraper as much as possible will reduce your reliance on catchers as well as the following frustration that comes when you have to add yet another panda to it."

Am doing that, too.

"..but you don't seem THAT slow." I am slow, about 15% slower than the posted times by people who have done "x" HIT.

"..warming up for the day by taking a typing speed test or something?" Will try that, too.

"I'd recommend submitting a hit or two from whichever batch you come across and feel like you can do it efficiently. " Will do that.

"Most batch work revolves around the same types of work (categorizing things, harvesting emails from a company's webpage, etc.)

I've avoided doing those, and that's my major weakness.

" if you see a batch sitting untouched for hours, it may not be because they suck - people just may not realize its worth doing. "

Excellent advice

" C to the J @C to the J@C to the J is one of the more efficient turkers out there, and 9 times out of 10 he isn't going to share a super awesome batch he comes across to the forum." I know he's great, and I wouldn't expect to to mention a great batch if he knew of one. :)

I've looked at the AHK tutorial site scads of times and find it very confusing. I'll make an effort to learn at least some BASIC stuff!

I just re-loaded https://greasyfo'trk.org/en/scripts/24650-mturk-radio-keybinds

Well, I think I've grasped everything you told me. If I missed anything, please let me know.

MANY thanks for your spending all the time you spent trying to help me out!!!!!!!

Christopher

Mich

Reaction score
I read the guide but I think I have a bit of information overload and need help.

What, I understand So Far

Get to 1000 Approved hits
Complete hits with high approval rates
Install Tampermonkey with turkopticon
I won't make much in the beginning

Which tool allows me to see requesters that hardly or never rejects hits?

What else do I need to know?
All the hits am seeing is 0.01 and sometimes I see 0.10 and sometimes I will see a .50 cent survey

BCamp

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. Not sure where to post questions for mentors and others who answer questions.
I've recieved emails from requesters who ask for follow up surveys. When I try to do the follow up, it says No more hits available. One requester in particular keeps emailing reminders to do the follow up. Any advice?

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. Not sure where to post questions for mentors and others who answer questions.
I've recieved emails from requesters who ask for follow up surveys. When I try to do the follow up, it says No more hits available. One requester in particular keeps emailing reminders to do the follow up. Any advice?
If you had done it before, returned it, or let it expire it will show that message if you try to accept it again. Pretty much the HIT is still available for people who haven't done it yet, but not available for you, who have already done it.

Shadow Rose

Reaction score
Anyone have any fast easy hits that show up every day these days? I wanna get numbers up alot and dont care about pay. I just want some good fast and easy requesters hits that i can get at least 100ish a day from a panda link.

jan

Reaction score
Anyone have any fast easy hits that show up every day these days? I wanna get numbers up alot and dont care about pay. I just want some good fast and easy requesters hits that i can get at least 100ish a day from a panda link.
I don't know that there are that many good ones out there anymore. I saw Product RnR over the w/e (underpaid, but the qual. is autographed - just ask for it - and if they don't want you any more, they just take away the qual (you don't get formally blocked or anything - so they are safe). I don't know what ibotta asks for (you need a minimum number of hits, I think - 5,000?). Totally uinderpaid :( But usually safe enough. I've done 10's of thousands, I'm sure.
Zoltars on Tuesday? Ben Peterson's are good enough (not huge batches, but they trickle in - do them when they appear).

Last edited:

Shadow Rose

Reaction score
I don't know that there are that many good ones out there anymore. I saw Product RnR over the w/e (underpaid, but the qual. is autographed - just ask for it - and if they don't want you any more, they just take away the qual (you don't get formally blocked or anything - so they are safe). I don't know what ibotta asks for (you need a minimum number of hits, I think - 5,000?). Totally uinderpaid :( But usually safe enough. I've done 10's of thousands, I'm sure.
Zoltars on Tuesday? Ben Peterson's are good enough (not huge batches, but they trickle in - do them when they appear).
Do you have the accept links for them? Ive never even heard of them before much less did them.

Amygrahamloves

Reaction score
Hey there, I’m new to mturk and I recently completed the Foxtrot English Expert 12 question test. I figured it did pretty well because I was able to answer the question easily. But I received an email that says:

“You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

Qualification: Foxtrot English Expert
Requester: Foxtrot
Qualification Value: 0”

I am able to retake the test but anyone have pointers for passing? What does the value 0 mean? I really thought I had at least 10/12 correct.

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Hey there, I’m new to mturk and I recently completed the Foxtrot English Expert 12 question test. I figured it did pretty well because I was able to answer the question easily. But I received an email that says:

“You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

I am able to retake the test but anyone have pointers for passing? What does the value 0 mean? I really thought I had at least 10/12 correct.

Thanks!
Hi, welcome to the forum. I didn't attempt this hit, but you might ask in the daily work thread. That's where most of the traffic happens.

Also, the @mentor tag used to send an alert out to all the mentors of the forum, but that doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Anyway, welcome again, and best of luck!

Reactions: Amygrahamloves

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Thanks!
Hello, Welcome. There's not much anyone here could say about how to pass a qualification test or 'pointers'. It's hard to say anything more than, "Do your best and follow the instructions" without giving away content.
"• Keep content of surveys, qualification tests, and known answers in HITs confidential. Read more information about survey content."
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/pages/guidelines/

That said, only the requester, or someone who has asked the requester(this is what you should do) would know what the value "0" means to that requester, on that specific qualification. It could literally mean anything they want it to. It could be a binary choice, like 1 or 0, or it could be groupings(group 0, group 1, group 2, etc) or, 0 could be the only value and having the qualification is what qualifies you for any specific project that has that qualification. So, you may have passed. The requester would have the best answer, though other people with the qualification may have anecdotal answers that they've gleened from their own value and working the tasks. You could look at some HITs from that requester(if there are any available) and see what value those HITs require for that qualification. That would be the only other bit of investigation that would be useful.

If there aren't any of their HITs available, you could do a forum search for the requester name and look at some of their previous HITs and what value was required to do them.
But, if you feel you did well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amygrahamloves

katienhunter

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me here. I have been working on MTurk for a few months now. My success rate is 98.3% and I have completed over 5,000 MTurk jobs. How come I don’t get that many job (I check in the morning, afternoon, evening during weekdays) and most of the jobs I don’t even qualified. Have I done something wrong??

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I hope someone can help me here. I have been working on MTurk for a few months now. My success rate is 98.3% and I have completed over 5,000 MTurk jobs. How come I don’t get that many job (I check in the morning, afternoon, evening during weekdays) and most of the jobs I don’t even qualified. Have I done something wrong??
Hi! Welcome to the forum!! I'm not sure why you're not finding much work right now. Most requesters use qualifications for approval rates at least 95%, so it seems that you are good there. Are you in the USA? Also, are you using any tools to try to find and catch Hits, such as MTS, Panda Crazy, Hit Finder, etc?

katienhunter

Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the forum!! I'm not sure why you're not finding much work right now. Most requesters use qualifications for approval rates at least 95%, so it seems that you are good there. Are you in the USA? Also, are you using any tools to try to find and catch Hits, such as MTS, Panda Crazy, Hit Finder, etc?
Yes, I’m from USA. I have some tools installed such as Scrapper, TurkMaster. I am using Chrome, Panda Crazy doesn’t work on this browser.

okimo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm kind of new to turking, kind of not. I have a little over 1000 approved HITs but I did this very casually and with very little help. I want to be more efficient and overall better, but I think I get overwhelmed when it comes to looking at scripts and I can't seem to find a resource to help me out. I have Turkoptican but as far as scanning and catching HITs, what are some scripts I should be utilizing and how should I set them up?

jan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm kind of new to turking, kind of not. I have a little over 1000 approved HITs but I did this very casually and with very little help. I want to be more efficient and overall better, but I think I get overwhelmed when it comes to looking at scripts and I can't seem to find a resource to help me out. I have Turkoptican but as far as scanning and catching HITs, what are some scripts I should be utilizing and how should I set them up?
install mturk suite :). You'll need tamper monkey first, (just google that and download it for the browser you use).
Then take a look at this (and download):
https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite/wiki
Some people also use panda crazy (I do). It's here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy

okimo

Reaction score
Thank you for your help! Already making improvements today and managed to snag a couple $3.00 hits!

Reactions: jan and scrmcasey

Charlene22

Reaction score
Hey, everybody. So glad I stumbled upon this group. I have been turking a few months and only manage to make on average 10 a day. The past few days it has been even less. Do you guys have any words of wisdom for me? I have 1800 hits under my belt. I want to make 20+ a day.
I searched through your beginner guides and seem to be doing all the things mentioned but I can't help but think I must be missing something.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Hey, everybody. So glad I stumbled upon this group. I have been turking a few months and only manage to make on average 10 a day. The past few days it has been even less. Do you guys have any words of wisdom for me? I have 1800 hits under my belt. I want to make 20+ a day.
I searched through your beginner guides and seem to be doing all the things mentioned but I can't help but think I must be missing something.
Are you using something like MTurk suite and/or Panda crazy?

It’s a little bit slower right now because of the holiday week. But you also you need to watch out for how to get closed qualifications as those help.

Qualifeye

This link shows qual hitsthat are up or had gone up that you could panda or just links to tests that have put up :)