Mturk Suite Thread

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score

@Mr. Boss

Another one--how do I get the popup to work in Hit Catcher? It's already turned on.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate Chrome. I'm accustomed to tweaking the css in Firefox without scripts.

IT WORKS. Very cool! Thanks!
Yea, I hate that dark purple color - it's not visible enough

paula

Reaction score
wondering if anyone knows why hitfinder keeps saying i'm not logged in when i am logged and i'm on my dashboard ? also can't find any instructions on how to use hitfinder, it was on one day and i just saw tons of hits and didn't know what to do , besides stay with the higher to rated ones, and i just clicked on the amount and one time it got me a hit. others times nothing. can you add something to where it just says all hits over 3.00 , say for ex. thanks

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Unlike regular programs, it doesn't have instructions, but I've already used HF Beta. Start HF with Hit Catcher on the next tab. Log in again if it says you're not. Some bugs still in it.

When you click a hit, if it's not available, HC will post 2 yellow circles. The first is to "PANDA" batches. "ONCE" is to panda a single hit. Keep your eyes on Assigned Hits and you'll see HC placing some there. Even in the Logged Hits, there are always people who return a hit, and HC catches them. I get most of mine from hits that were supposedly filled. Gotta run. More tonight.

You can leave questions here for us, and Kadauchi drops in every few days to clarify things.

Reactions: doradots

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
On the orange/black MTS on the toolbar--open and hit the gear. Make sure you're logging into the right site.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly where the MTS data is stored? I am on a rather slow old laptop with not much RAM, and find that I often need to clear out browser data to speed things up. I know that in the past I have unintentionally wiped out data from mturk scripts, but I am now relying on MTS and don't want that data removed. I am using Chrome (actually Chromium, mostly the same). What is it not safe to wipe out?
(For what it's worth, does anyone know of any good guides on speeding up Chrome for mturk on low RAM systems? I need hardware upgrades for sure, but spending money I don't have has not led to good results...)

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
MTS not warning that you're logged out anymore? Seems that it just stops searching at that point without any notice.

Reactions: ducky

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
MTS not warning that you're logged out anymore? Seems that it just stops searching at that point without any notice.
Thanks. Someone else also just brought this to my attention and yes, its not warning you are logged out anymore. I'll get it fixed and released later today when I get some free time.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Mistake about my warning in Hit Catcher. It should be a POPUP, not a sound, but I don't get one. I have to keep refreshing Assigned Hits constantly.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly where the MTS data is stored? I am on a rather slow old laptop with not much RAM, and find that I often need to clear out browser data to speed things up. I know that in the past I have unintentionally wiped out data from mturk scripts, but I am now relying on MTS and don't want that data removed. I am using Chrome (actually Chromium, mostly the same). What is it not safe to wipe out?
(For what it's worth, does anyone know of any good guides on speeding up Chrome for mturk on low RAM systems? I need hardware upgrades for sure, but spending money I don't have has not led to good results...)

Have you tried the Chrome forum on google's website?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
IF YOU FIND YOU'RE NOT LOGGED IN:

Go into Chrome Settings, and make the login page and 2 script pages as your homepages. The paragraph is marked "On Startup." They will all come up when you start Chrome. If you're working on something else, just leave the 3 tabs open.

If you have a password manager, it will log you in automatically on the login page, otherwise the blank page is a reminder.

Last edited:

Lkay91

Reaction score
Allrighty, I have a question. I just installed Mturk Suite and I would love to know how I turn the sound off on the HIT catcher page without having to click it everytime. Is that possible?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
The sound is new, and it's not the clicking sound or ding-dong I expected, but better than when there was none. I've just turned down my computer's volume. I can still sit elsewhere and know when a fish has been caught.

There are some other options, not sound, if you click the gear icon in the black/orange Suite logo next to the navigation bar.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Is there any possibility we could get a checkbox on HIT Finder to disable Pushbullet pushes? It would be nice for when I'm actually at my computer and don't need to be getting them on my phone.
If I'm not mistaken, I think you can disable this via the browser on the device. But maybe I'm mistaken.
EDIT: It seems this question is answered better above. I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Without some sound, you won't know if a hit has been caught, unless you sit and hit the refresh key every few seconds. Not practical.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can back up my Suite's settings? Kadauchi @Kadauchi?

Last edited:

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes my HIT Finder turns all greyish/blue briefly before showing TO colors again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Also, is there a HIT menu that shows the day's PE's on Firefox like there is on Chrome? I can't seem to find it.

Thank you!!