01/24 - Talented Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know. I will ask them tomorrow. I just looked at their page and it said mobile banking - but nothing about cash.
There's no 24/7 fraud number? If you want to share personal details like bank name or where you are there might be some other ideas. Otherwise the easiest thing to do is to have someone wire you money to Western Union and pay them back later.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Kerek

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 015 Minute Research Study | PANDA
Requester: LAB 322 [A21T7FXJV0C275] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.48] [Fair: 3.97] [Comm: 2.57] [Fast: 3.39] [Reviews: 81] [ToS: 0]
Description:
15 Minute Research Study. You will only receive credit ONCE for this survey.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.85
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.6

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
do I need to open an account (my fear is that I don't have an address here - that's what we are here to do - find a place, meet with realtors, shoot - buy a house).

I actually am okay financially, so this has to work out some way. I HAVE money.
I can't believe I lost the card. I was so careful :(
Even if your bank is a local one, they're usually a part of a "network" of many banks (or credit unions). For example some are part of the Plus network, or CO-OP network. Any bank or financial institution that is where you are at right now that is part of the same network as your bank can access your account and help you withdraw cash. There will be a fee, but they can help.

Reactions: Kathryn and jan

jan

Reaction score
The irony is we just had a disaster prior to this (I had signed up for an airbnb and the guy - nice - very nice
but he had a very dirty trailer - bed that was piled with dirty(?) blankets
and pot plants (I have a kid with me - I mean............shoot). I stopped off at Dunkin Donuts to wail and find a pet friendly hotel
and then it got worse:cliff:

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: $0.60 for a 5-7 minute academic study | PANDA
Requester: Prof. Dan Bartels [AR6MXRKDX6EXF] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.32] [Fair: 4.90] [Comm: 4.34] [Fast: 4.81] [Reviews: 181] [ToS: 1]
Description:
We are recruiting participants to complete two short academic studies. You will answer simple questions the features that make up your personal identity and answer some questions about donation behavior.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey Exploring Your Perceptions of Self and Society. | PANDA
Requester: Paul Bain [A1E9DIZZK9ACPX] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.93] [Fair: 4.57] [Comm: 4.20] [Fast: 4.68] [Reviews: 49] [ToS: 1]
Description:
Complete a survey that examines how you feel about yourself and society.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 45
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Seriously there is writing in this too...WHAT IS WITH ALL THE WRITING TODAY?!?!?!

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Assistant Dialogue (expected time 5-10 min) | PANDA
Requester: Deep Dialogue [A1DGWH87NMS7M5] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 4.50] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
Description:
-
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know. I will ask them tomorrow. I just looked at their page and it said mobile banking - but nothing about cash.
Wish I could help. I think once the bank open call them they should be able to help some. I would shut that card down though and just figure it out from there. And I do think you can use your temp checks at a currency exchange for a fee. I don't know enough to say more.

What is north, maybe someone here knows a person near you now. I'm in central Wisconsin.

Reactions: <Gucci> and jan

jan

Reaction score
There's no 24/7 fraud number? If you want to share personal details like bank name or where you are there might be some other ideas. Otherwise the easiest thing to do is to have someone wire you money to Western Union and pay them back later.
If I called the fraud number and they 'hot carded' my card, then the hotel wouldn't have taken us. So,, he withdrew all but 1,000 dollars and I'm liable for any misuse up to that 1,000. The hotel couldn't put the charge through immediately, it takes them 3 days. So, I couldn't cancel the card. I had to leave it open. Or we'd be out in the cold (we're in Portland Maine, right now - and it's cold!)

jan

Reaction score
Wish I could help. I think once the bank open call them they should be able to help some. I would shut that card down though and just figure it out from there. And I do think you can use your temp checks at a currency exchange for a fee. I don't know enough to say more.

What is north, maybe someone here knows a person near you now. I'm in central Wisconsin.
It feels pretty terrible right now, but we really are just fine financially - so something has to work out.

Thanks everyone. I will put all of this to my bank tomorrow. There just has to be a way to make this okay.

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
You have already completed the maximum number of HITs allowed by this requester. Please click 'Return HIT' to avoid any impact on your approval rating.

I think I'm gonna scream if I see this message again today :rage:
Your gonna scream - I'll join you

146 HITs have been viewed, submitted or returned today.

98 HITs have been submitted today for a total value of $24.28.

48 HITs have been approved today for a total value of $9.90.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Your gonna scream - I'll join you

146 HITs have been viewed, submitted or returned today.

98 HITs have been submitted today for a total value of $24.28.

48 HITs have been approved today for a total value of $9.90.
I never noticed the "viewed" statistic before. That is kind of cool, abstractly.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Read and Interpret Video Comments | PANDA
Requester: uxmturk [A31V2G70WX75L4] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Description:
-
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 20
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
If I called the fraud number and they 'hot carded' my card, then the hotel wouldn't have taken us. So,, he withdrew all but 1,000 dollars and I'm liable for any misuse up to that 1,000. The hotel couldn't put the charge through immediately, it takes them 3 days. So, I couldn't cancel the card. I had to leave it open. Or we'd be out in the cold (we're in Portland Maine, right now - and it's cold!)
Does the hotel have online reservations or could be booked with Expedia etc.? You could go pay online that way/with paypal then call fraud, escalate to supervisor and make them overnight a new card. Your bank will be able to reconcile the old card number charges with the new card number and the hotel will still get paid.

I don't know anyone in Maine who could help :(

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Think I'm going to call it a night unless something amazing drops... peace out peeps! :weed:

2244 HITs have been viewed, submitted or returned today.

2198 HITs have been submitted today for a total value of $124.25.

1605 HITs have been approved today for a total value of $82.40.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Does the hotel have online reservations or could be booked with Expedia etc.? You could go pay online that way/with paypal then call fraud, escalate to supervisor and make them overnight a new card. Your bank will be able to reconcile the old card number charges with the new card number and the hotel will still get paid.

I don't know anyone in Maine who could help :(
Definitely Not Riss @Definitely Not Riss but she's in the other corner I think.

Reactions: <Gucci>

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Happy to know y'all will be warm tonight! Just breathe, I'm positive the bank can help you or worst case you can wire transfer yourself some money in the morning. :hug: Also... don't forget to check in with us tomorrow so we know you're ok :mallow

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Do you have a Paypal account/card? Or you can withdraw the cash and put it on a Visa checkcard and just guard it with your life... (if you lost that you'd be SOL). If you can't withdraw the cash because a branch is not near you then look into sending a wire transfer to yourself from your bank to something like Moneygram. Think outside the box... there's always a way to shuffle money :wink:
It feels pretty terrible right now, but we really are just fine financially - so something has to work out.

Thanks everyone. I will put all of this to my bank tomorrow. There just has to be a way to make this okay.
Ugh, sorry you have to go through all this headache :(

My suggestion would be to do exactly as PhantomCatt @PhantomCatt is suggesting. Just wire money from your own acct (local bank) to any Western Union. This should keep you going until you can get a replacement card.

You're right .. there's always a way! Let us know if you need anything ... we'll send the cavalry!

Status
Not open for further replies.