01/29 - Favoriting Friday!

Who do you think should escape going to council this week?

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/27497/

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/27539/

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Title: [3x5 Minute Task] Shoot three 30 second movie scenes with TWO people given a description [Bonuses!] | PANDA
Requester: AI Indoors Project [A2NYDPWAEAO5NE] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.33 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Shoot three 30 second videos of TWO people acting out a short description of activities. Bonus every 5 submissions!
Time: 6 hours
Hits Available: 49
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Location is US

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about going to school. It's been ten years since I've graduated high school, and I have not been smart about my career planning, at all. Like now, I'm only making $13/hour at my full time job.

When I grow up, I want to be a web developer. My plan is to do about a year of self-study before I enroll in school. I know that a degree is basically just a fancy piece of paper you spend an ass-load of money on, but Brenda in HR at Big Corporation doesn't care how nerdy I am in my spare time, or how much knowledge I have from that. She cares that I jumped through the school hoops.
just become a web developer. go to lynda.com or udemy, learn it, and start building websites. join a forum like mtc but for web developers so u can communicate with others in the field. screw school.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Read sentences word-by-word | PANDA
Requester: UCSD Computational Psycholinguistics Lab [AO61HZOY1XQX1] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.53][Fair: 4.54][Comm: 3.22][Fast: 4.32]
Description:
PLEASE only participate if you are a native English speaker! You'll read English sentences and answer questions. Takes ~20 minutes but we allot 2 hours to make sure you aren't rushed.
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Just Matthew

And the bottom drops out.
Contributor
Reaction score
Brenda cares that you had the tenacity and dedication and work ethic to finish college its not "about that piece of paper" its about what it takes to get that piece of paper its why other schools are looked at more prestigious than others on an application its why Phoenix, ITT Tech, and all those other places degrees arnt worth the paper they are printed on.

Reactions: sparklekittie

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Children’s Statements(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: JDM Researcher [A1A7E5UB06U9BU] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.80 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.17 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.53 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.63 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 51
Description: Watch a video of kids and answer questions.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [-163777486-5901] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 51; Location is one of: US
the audio on this is terrible. I literally cannot understand it at all.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Title: Predict 100 Stocks - Up or Down? | PANDA
Requester: PredictWallStreet.com [A17T7LCJF0818V] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.97 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.83 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.72 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 34

Description: Predict whether 100 US stocks will close up or down on the next market day. Make 100 clicks, get a survey code, and you're done. NOTE: you can only participate in ONE (1) of our prediction surveys each day.
Hits Available: 17
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: None

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^j-law'd

Reactions: kryss

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Report your perceptions of a brand | PANDA
Requester: Jeff Larson [AK3S4SD3A8K14] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.43][Fair: 4.81][Comm: 4.43][Fast: 4.92]
Description:
Examine print advertising and report your impression of the brand
Time: 5 minutes
Reward: $0.28
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of getting ready to go out for the night... so I'm popping in and out. Still gotta wax my 'stache and shave my head. But yeah... the ToTW thing is a little annoying. The last 6-8 months or so, any batch of any significant size has been going up under these old ass quals... instead of putting the work up for the "reviewers" which was supposed to be their main workforce. Then it sits there for days because not many have those old quals. Meanwhile... the reviewers get a slow trickle of matching tasks.
I was just saying in another chat how those batches are going to torment me for days.

Reactions: siriusthinking

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from OEF Research for work related to 32W3UF2EZOHIGK3U3VJ90TF8KU7C49.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:

$1 bonus for study performance. Your score was 45. Partner Score was 45

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
just become a web developer. go to lynda.com or udemy, learn it, and start building websites. join a forum like mtc but for web developers so u can communicate with others in the field. screw school.
I have a couple of friends in that field who have done quite well for themselves with no education. It's a field that doesn't really require the education aspect until you want to actually advance. Very talented people get trapped at a certain level because of that lack of education.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about going to school. It's been ten years since I've graduated high school, and I have not been smart about my career planning, at all. Like now, I'm only making $13/hour at my full time job.

When I grow up, I want to be a web developer. My plan is to do about a year of self-study before I enroll in school. I know that a degree is basically just a fancy piece of paper you spend an ass-load of money on, but Brenda in HR at Big Corporation doesn't care how nerdy I am in my spare time, or how much knowledge I have from that. She cares that I jumped through the school hoops.
Dont bother with the degree unless you get it from an affordable community college. In the tech industry, especially for programming, they want you to prove your skill set by writing code at every interview. If you go to college and do just enough to get by on tests but never really learn how to program than you wont get a job. They take non degree holders over college degree holders all the time for programming.

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: 5-7 Minute survey about online data collection | PANDA
Requester: Survey Research 650 [AE1AXG1ULEGLD] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.78][Fair: 4.50][Comm: 3.67][Fast: 4.86]
Description:
Please answer the following questions. The survey is expected to take 3-5 minutes. Please take this survey only once.
Reward: $0.24
Qualifications: Location is one of: GB, US; Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
the audio on this is terrible. I literally cannot understand it at all.
It was rather bad, but when I did it yesterday, I gave it my best effort and the requester seemed to appreciate that. It did approve.

sparklekittie

Reaction score
its why Phoenix, ITT Tech, and all those other places degrees arnt worth the paper they are printed on.
Yep, I used to supervise temp workers who graduated from ITT tech. They got paid worse than I'm currently making now. I was making okay-ish money at that job, but had to quit because I moved three hours away (long story)

But a community college would be alright, you think?

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Aydiarose
Status
Not open for further replies.