01/29 - Favoriting Friday!

Who do you think should escape going to council this week?

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/27497/

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/27539/

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Black magic yet again today.
Woah super black magic :o

Title: Write a scene of a short story | PANDA
Requester: Joy O Kim [A2A7TJ0S6H1PKK] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.19][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 4.91][Fast: 4.82]
Description:
Write a scene filling in the current plot point of a short story based on ideas given by others.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.85
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US

Reactions: P L A Y E R 9 1

RaiderJ

Contributor
Reaction score
How long till I get my contributor privileges just donated 30 min ago

Reactions: kryss

sparklekittie

Reaction score
also make sure your credits will transfer if you decide to pursue anything further...my god I had so many poor kids come through that their credits didn't transfer from their small town school college and had to take so many b.s. classes over.
Oh my god, that sounds terrifying! Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind!

Just Matthew

And the bottom drops out.
Contributor
Reaction score
Black magic yet again today.
I dont know how the hell...I've been submitting 25 hits every 8 to 10 minutes for about 5 or so hours now and i'm just now breaching a 1000...what in the hell man.

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
theres nothing they can teach you at harvard or yale about web developement that you can't learn online.
Sure. The problem comes in to when you want to do something above or different from coding and you need to be able to convince the people in charge that you're worthy. Again, it wasn't about talent. It was "how do I convince a board to give you the reigns to this branch of the company when you're not college educated?"

Just Matthew

And the bottom drops out.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure. The problem comes in to when you want to do something above or different from coding and you need to be able to convince the people in charge that you're worthy. Again, it wasn't about talent. It was "how do I convince a board to give you the reigns to this branch of the company when you're not college educated?"
yep you want that job starting off at 40k+ a year just cause you learned to code real well on the interwebs and you know sql and can handle help maintaining the data base? that is great! but when the big kid jobs come along you will be ruled out every single time internally without that degree.

Reactions: sparklekittie

terp

Contributor
Reaction score
HITs You Have Submitted Value Rate
HITs Submitted 35838 —
... Approved 34247 99.9%
... Rejected 43 0.1%
... Pending (Worst Case Scenario)
(~319 rejects => 99%)
(~1841 rejects => 95%) 1548 (95.6%)

Projected Earnings This Week
$218.27

Projected Earnings for Today $62.00

Last edited:
Reactions: lobo925

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory for work related to 3ZVPAMTJWN3T2A7PQDVS8GBQQB1GRC.
The value of your bonus is: $1.95 USD

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's definitely offensive to the anti-pineapple crowd, but I am of the opinion that bread and cheese go with almost everything :)

Reactions: TQueen

sparklekittie

Reaction score
yep you want that job starting off at 40k+ a year just cause you learned to code real well on the interwebs and you know sql and can handle help maintaining the data base? that is great! but when the big kid jobs come along you will be ruled out every single time internally without that degree.
Bingo.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I really doubt that factors in. Everyone has circumstances. It doesn't mean they are lazy. I am in community college paying out of state rates. Because of circumstances, I cannot get in-state rates. Which means I have to take half time to even pay off my classes with the aid I get. Does that make me lazy? lol
no, it doesn't make you lazy,but borrowing money to pay out of state rates isn't the nations problem either. I put myself through college so I understand how it works. I worked two jobs while I was in school, i bought the crappiest books (cheapest) i could find and I filled out every scholarship form I could dredge up, and only then did I add any student loans to cover what was left.

If someone has $50,000 in student loans after 2 years it usually means that they made zero attempt to pay for any of it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.