02/07 - Thumpin' Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Struggling to focus on turking today. I'm more just on the forum for a distraction today I think.
My boyfriend found out his moms husband passed away this morning. He was just diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago. :(:cry:
I'm so sorry :disappointed:

Reactions: FrenchToast

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
What the crap does this mean????

Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

You can review the complete Participation Agreement at the link below:

https://www.mturk.com/worker/participation-agreement

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus

Best regards,
Amazon.com
There is a thread where Metallica @Metallica helps deal with susepensions. You might want to post there but this will get his attention if he's seen this before he might have more answers for you.

OldTurkey

Reaction score
Are we supposed to do this more than once?

I did this a day or so ago and didn't get the qual to block me from doing it again or a qual to do the ones that come after.
Did it time out while it was waiting for a partner to show up? If it did you can do it again.
That happened to me on the third one and I've been getting about two Emails a day (more?) from them asking me to do the third one again.

OldTurkey

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of the, "Trace Object Boundaries," HITs since yesterday when they all just disappeared? I'm wondering if I got blocked or if they've disappeared for everyone. Do you know of any way I can figure this kind of thing out on my own? If they soft-banned me, wouldn't I get a new qual. message?

I know, I'm sick, I really enjoyed those HITs. Don't ask me why... The pay really isn't awesome on them but they are... Soothing?

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Did it time out while it was waiting for a partner to show up? If it did you can do it again.
That happened to me on the third one and I've been getting about two Emails a day (more?) from them asking me to do the third one again.
No it's just the tutorial without a real partner and I had thrown it back the very first time because it was confusing, so I've accepted it 3 times now (only submitted once) and it was identical all three times so I'm assuming that at least the first one is just a tutorial we can only do once.

Katia2019

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of the, "Trace Object Boundaries," HITs since yesterday when they all just disappeared? I'm wondering if I got blocked or if they've disappeared for everyone. Do you know of any way I can figure this kind of thing out on my own? If they soft-banned me, wouldn't I get a new qual. message?

I know, I'm sick, I really enjoyed those HITs. Don't ask me why... The pay really isn't awesome on them but they are... Soothing?
The HIT expired last night around 7:00 pm eastern, there are none up right now.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about GeoHive quals yet?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
KYKITTY @KYKITTY that message is part of their "initiative" to let workers know if they're in trouble, at least according to what Electrolyte was told in 2017(?). So basically they just try to let you know you might get suspended soon, instead of outright giving you the boot. I helped a guy on Reddit a few weeks back that got that message; he contacted Amazon about it and they just gave him some dumb copypasta about working correctly or whatever. He just kept doing his thing, and as far as I know, he hasn't been suspended. If you'd like, I'll give you a contact address to see if it will help things.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score

I think they pulled the rest of the batch last night. They went from a little over 5000 to 0 within about 30ish minutes. Not sure why. I sort of thought they'd repost a batch last night, but they didn't. Hoping to see some new ones today.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Women's Health Survey(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
Requester: VCU Psyc [A3BKLRRUNCJD4T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.61] [Pay=Low] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this research study is to collect information about women's experiences with reproductive health services.
Qualifications: Exc: [1190031518-127782] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Katia2019

Reaction score
I think they pulled the rest of the batch last night. They went from a little over 5000 to 0 within about 30ish minutes. Not sure why. I sort of thought they'd repost a batch last night, but they didn't. Hoping to see some new ones today.
The HIT was set to expire last night, not sure why they set it to expire in 2 days (i think) considering the last batch before this took forever to get done(and didnt require a qual). I am hoping that they post more today too since there isn't much else to work on ATM.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
The HIT was set to expire last night, not sure why they set it to expire in 2 days (i think) considering the last batch before this took forever to get done(and didnt require a qual). I am hoping that they post more today too since there isn't much else to work on ATM.
I didn't even notice that they were set to expire last night. That makes more sense than them pulling the rest of the batch for no reason, like I assumed. I hope they post today. I'm just a little addicted to them. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.