Status
Not open for further replies.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Qual HIT

Title: Training qualifier to do UserBob HITs | PANDA
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.96 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.96 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 29
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute(s) talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Reviewer has not been granted, Total approved HITs is not less than 200, HIT abandonment rate (%) is less than 20, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99, Location is US

Reactions: Roscoe E Goldchain

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Title: Survey on risk attitudes | PANDA
Requester: Alex Markle [A1ECVN89D900F3] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.89 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30

Description: 2-3 minute survey on risky decision making
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90, Location is US

Title: 15-minute decision-making research study (average expected pay = $2 to $3) | PANDA
Requester: Devon Erickson [A3L6NEK3U919JS] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5

Description: The purpose of this research is to understand decision-making. The study should take about 15 minutes to complete. Average expected pay is $2 to $3.
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, Location is US

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything I've learned about turking I learned from the people who post on this forum. That's why I followed them here. That and you all make me laugh. I'd still be classifying ridiculously, never ending receipts for pennies and working for requesters that have bad TO (not to be mistaken for BO...well that might be the same) and trying to catch HITs one click at a time.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
gonna go check out the last x files episode in a few. I'm scared I might hate it...

Reactions: coffeeowl and kryss

Babadooba

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying and I know I could make a lot more money if I dedicated myself to it. But I used to be an engineer for the government so i made pretty good money and didn't have to work all that hard for it. I have reasons for quitting that to stay home to be there whenever my son needs me or to help out in his school. I have a hard time convincing myself that I should work twice as hard to make half as much as i did before.

I admit I can feel pretty salty at times when I see the numbers other people make here. But I don't feel negative about it. It just is what is and I like not stressing myself out to make that extra cash. I have plenty of other places/things/people that stress me out enough.
I get that everyone's situations are different. I think it's good that you don't think of other people doing better than you at something as negative, that's mainly what I was trying to get across.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just here to make extra fun money and enjoy hanging out on here while I do it. It's pretty great. My college daughter also turks some but she isn't into the forum thing. I pass what I know on to her.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I admit I can feel pretty salty at times when I see the numbers other people make here. But I don't feel negative about it. It just is what is and I like not stressing myself out to make that extra cash. I have plenty of other places/things/people that stress me out enough.
^^^:yesyes:

I stressed super hard the first few months, really thinking the extra cash would solve some problems. And yep, it sure would. But a whole bunch of other problems showed up when I focused on earning all the money I possibly could on mturk. So now I try and strike a balance. I really *do* need the extra money for certain reasons, but we aren't going to starve without it, and we will still have a decent roof over our heads.

My kid got really pissed at me one night for putting him off to finish some hits and he let me have it. That kind of re-framed things for me. I'm doing this for us, for a better life, but I'm clearly not achieving that goal if he's pissed at me for the work I'm doing to achieve that goal (does that even make sense? lol)

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm just here to make extra fun money and enjoy hanging out on here while I do it. It's pretty great. My college daughter also turks some but she isn't into the forum thing. I pass what I know on to her.
What? She thinks she's too cool for us?

Twirdman

Reaction score
O, It's a chosen attitude and not meant to be defeatist. :) Being a single mom with a full time M-F job I really don't have the stamina to be a super user! Not if I want to keep a clean house and do laundry or hang out with the kid :) For my first 3 months of turking I focused all my free time on it and I'm kind of paying for that now trying to catch up on everything I let slide.
Have you tried amphetamines Erdos was able to be one of the most brilliant mathematicians on them and only needed like 4 hours of sleep a day on them. (Note not actually advocating the use of amphetamines)

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did you tell her there's a talking rat here? That's how you hook them youngsters.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Have you tried amphetamines Erdos was able to be one of the most brilliant mathematicians on them and only needed like 4 hours of sleep a day on them. (Note not actually advocating the use of amphetamines)
Well yeah, but how much money did he make turking? Let's focus on the important things.

Reactions: Twirdman and Eetha
Status
Not open for further replies.