02/27 - Sergey Hangover Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
ooo nostalgic turk stories :) i guess i'll throw mine in the mix. i started turking when i was in college since my job at the time was working in the little ticket booth for a parking lot on campus. made enough for rent and bills but there wasn't much left over for fun and good food so turk was a blessing. an extra 20 bucks a day or more went a long way toward improving my quality of life. i got into the whole forum thing shortly after starting and it was crazy how much info was out there not to mention the awesome people. Now i have a good full time job with a nice salary but i still come back here 'cause of all the awesome people and i can't turn down free money :wink:

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL! Gasping for air. OMG. I so could have done that! He left a few mohawks and corners unmowed. Clearly sub-par work.

But I didn't. I just grabbed the mower and ran it over those few spots. I'm way too soft on him! He'd never survive turking.
I love the requesters who ignore their own attention checks.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: kryss

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL! Gasping for air. OMG. I so could have done that! He left a few mohawks and corners unmowed. Clearly sub-par work.

But I didn't. I just grabbed the mower and ran it over those few spots. I'm way too soft on him! He'd never survive turking.
my dad would have made me mow it again and show me the proper way to do it as to not leave areas unmowed... now he's going to think he can get away with it
:p

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
my dad would have made me mow it again and show me the proper way to do it as to not leave areas unmowed... now he's going to think he can get away with it
:p
Not for long he won't! I give him a few "practice rounds" at new chores before I hold him to a strict level (he cleans a mean toilet now, that thing is spotless when he's done). I ain't raisin' no spoiled, entitled kid, lol.

He's been mowing the lawn for two years, but due to the drought I don't think he mowed more than once last year so he kind of forgot how to do it. He's mowing the back yard (which is twice as big) tomorrow, so he'll be a pro by the time that yard is done! (I have an obnoxious amount of grass.)

Reactions: Drwho10

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
^^^:yesyes:

I stressed super hard the first few months, really thinking the extra cash would solve some problems. And yep, it sure would. But a whole bunch of other problems showed up when I focused on earning all the money I possibly could on mturk. So now I try and strike a balance. I really *do* need the extra money for certain reasons, but we aren't going to starve without it, and we will still have a decent roof over our heads.

My kid got really pissed at me one night for putting him off to finish some hits and he let me have it. That kind of re-framed things for me. I'm doing this for us, for a better life, but I'm clearly not achieving that goal if he's pissed at me for the work I'm doing to achieve that goal (does that even make sense? lol)
I feel you. My kids used to say Im always on mturk. That hurt my feelings a little bit(probably cause of the way they said it) but I learned sometimes you just gotta log off. Everybody misses something, even the "proturkers" :)

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Not for long he won't! I give him a few "practice rounds" at new chores before I hold him to a strict level (he cleans a mean toilet now, that thing is spotless when he's done). I ain't raisin' no spoiled, entitled kid, lol.

He's been mowing the lawn for two years, but due to the drought I don't think he mowed more than once last year so he kind of forgot how to do it. He's mowing the back yard (which is twice as big) tomorrow, so he'll be a pro by the time that yard is done! (I have an obnoxious amount of grass.)

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.