03/22 - Bavarian Crepe Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
I feel we're evaluating them pretty much from the point of view of the patient. Are they pulling the skin too much, are they moving the needle cleanly? Are they putting sutures in the way that makes taking them out very simple or will another medic have to delve to get it out? Do they look confident and competent? I know most of the people they are working on are zzz but when they wake up, the pateints are going to be aware of that stuff. Trained staff tend to be bad at evaluating from patient point of view.
I had that thought too, but there are times when the surgeon does something that as a patient, without more knowledge, I would want to say is too rough or aggressive. For instance, in many cases, the surgeon has to agitate and tear tissue to encourage bleeding, in an effort to aid the healing process post-surgery. There are many instances like this, that could be on purpose and necessary, or at the same time could be accidental and unnecessary, or even damaging.

Edit* I guess my point is that, without them being more specific about what they want, a lot of people doing these HITs will assume they want either a patient / laymen perspective, or that of a professional. We're all armchair doctors when doing these to an extent. I think if they were more clear, they would get more useful results. How do they know the perspective that each worker is taking when they watch the videos and rate them? How much relevant knowledge a worker has, etc. It just seems like they can't get much that is definitively useful out of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: It's Gamera!

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I feel we're evaluating them pretty much from the point of view of the patient. Are they pulling the skin too much, are they moving the needle cleanly? Are they putting sutures in the way that makes taking them out very simple or will another medic have to delve to get it out? Do they look confident and competent? I know most of the people they are working on are zzz but when they wake up, the pateints are going to be aware of that stuff. Trained staff tend to be bad at evaluating from patient point of view.
I had that thought too, but there are times when the surgeon does something that as a patient, without more knowledge, I would want to say is too rough or aggressive. For instance, in many cases, the surgeon has to agitate and tear tissue to encourage bleeding, in an effort to aid the healing process post-surgery. There are many instances like this, that could be on purpose and necessary, or at the same time could be accidental and unnecessary, or even damaging.
Heh, your outlooks are a lot more humanistic than mine.

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
awww, sheesh, what a nice thing to say :) thanks. My day has been challenging, thanks for asking. I'm glad to be here now though.
Well hopefully the rest of the day isn't too difficult then.

Reactions: Michele

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
were you able to get a good part of the tej's?
Yeah. Last night before bed and this morning. Lost a few because I thought they were gonna go right away so had a bunch in my queue and couldn't get to a handful. Still a decent day though.

Reactions: Michele

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
the doctors performing these procedures (albeit some kind of perform rough on the patients) have at least 7-10 yrs of post high school education.

Csats are asking turkers to critique these doctors. I personally don't have 7-10 years of college education. Now, I'm a fast learner. I'm a rider after all. Most turkers probably are not doctors. I know I'm going on a limb saying that. So why does C-sats want turkers to critique doctors when a lot of turkers couldn't tell a stomach procedure from a vaginal cuff closure?

200 rep points
They lie to their customers and tell them we have more experience than we actually do.
Not even joking.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. Last night before bed and this morning. Lost a few because I thought they were gonna go right away so had a bunch in my queue and couldn't get to a handful. Still a decent day though.
good, that makes me feel better somehow.

Reactions: It's Gamera!

Zenophanes

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
My brain hurts...after a eon of trying to wrap my head around a password memorization hit, I just had to give up. I felt I was getting it, and was able to pass the initial tests, but the second the next set started everything I did was wrong...

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Not the same as being "pre-qualified".

And the practitioner makes an assumption that "pre-qualified reviewer' means someone who is training to be a practitioner, rather than someone who doesn't have a practitioner's qualification, but instead has watched a video on how to review the videos. But of course they aren't being misled , no no no.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Was there some sort of a mass rejection by John/Empirical Jury? Or are the people complaining because they were rejected for missing ACs?

Status
Not open for further replies.