04/17 - Wonderful Wednesday!

What are your thoughts on the purple?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylycat

Reaction score
Just found a rocket launch reference. There was a rocket launch from wallops, virginia that might have been visible from WV, but the launch photos make it look like there was still daylight and not a nighttime launch.
It was a 4 pm something launch. I read that too. This happened at 8:32/8:33 that dark that's right before full dark but stars are visible

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I tend to think there must be some kind of magnetic disturbance in the burmuda triangle causing the loss of so many aircraft over time. I'll have to see if the FAA has an aeronautical chart covering the triangle (I doubt it considering it's probably not FAA territory), but I have seen markings on various FAA charts for some continental U.S. locations that caution aviators about areas of magnetic disturbances so aviators are aware of it while navigating that area.

Reactions: LucyO

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
miracle PE $4.03 just obtained (through trickles and a couple penny batches). I am hoping for one more penny batch so I can at least hit $5 today as I'm not convinced that getting paid to look at females will show up enough times to get me to $5 by itself.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It was moving away from me, and planes don't poof outta existence!
When I was a kid, a teenager who lived a couple of houses down from me knocked on our door. My mom and I went outside and he said, "I wanted you to look at something." He pointed to the sky. There were these odd rotating lights (I would describe them as balls of light). They really did look weird (with no apparent source). He thought it was something supernatural or having to do with a spaceship or something. I'm not sure what my mom really thought, but she just said something like, "That looks really weird."

He called the police to report it. They looked into it and discovered the lights were coming from some car dealership on the other side of town. They had some sort of weird, rotating spotlights that looked really weird, projecting into the night sky. The teenager came back down to our house and told us that the cops told them to cut the lights off as they had gotten lots of calls from people who'd been kind of freaked out about it. We all laughed and the teenager goes, "Man, I thought they had come to get us."

:disapprove:

Skylycat

Reaction score
When I was a kid, a teenager who lived a couple of houses down from me knocked on our door. My mom and I went outside and he said, "I wanted you to look at something." He pointed to the sky. There were these odd rotating lights (I would describe them as balls of light). They really did look weird (with no apparent source). He thought it was something supernatural or having to do with a spaceship or something. I'm not sure what my mom really thought, but she just said something like, "That looks really weird."

He called the police to report it. They looked into it and discovered the lights were coming from some car dealership on the other side of town. They had some sort of weird, rotating spotlights that looked really weird, projecting into the night sky. The teenager came back down to our house and told us that the cops told them to cut the lights off as they had gotten lots of calls from people who'd been kind of freaked out about it. We all laughed and the teenager goes, "Man, I thought they had come to get us."

:disapprove:
That's funny you say that cause I know of a local dealership that projects one of those ridiculously bright spotlights up into the sky and I remember the first time I saw it I couldn't figure out where it was coming from cause it was so strong and visible from so many places around town.
As far as what happened tonight, I don't live close enough to anything commercial for that to be the case, I'm literally in a dead space of rural residential area between two towns.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
miracle PE $4.03 just obtained (through trickles and a couple penny batches). I am hoping for one more penny batch so I can at least hit $5 today as I'm not convinced that getting paid to look at females will show up enough times to get me to $5 by itself.
Title: What do you see: a Baby: [0-2] a Kid: [2-12] a Teen: [11-18] a Young Adult: [17-35] a Adult: [33-55] a Elderly: [55+]? | PANDA
Requester: MLDataLabeler [A3OO8KUVWDSZPV] (Req TV): $21.86/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
What do you see: a Baby: [0-2] a Kid: [2-12] a Teen: [11-18] a Young Adult: [17-35] a Adult: [33-55] a Elderly: [55+]?
Time: 5 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 498
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: ebf7f7a1-60a7-49e7-b06e-26a3c4bf10d8 DoesNotExist ; HCJCPTJJQPHFGURVYMHZ DoesNotExist ;

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
ive seen a ghost before

i was driving and a blur came out in front of me and i was like whaaaat and somehow didn’t hit it

it might’ve been a deer too

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Wasnt too awful :)

Dear MTurk worker,

I'd like to invite you to participate in a new task on MTurk. In this task, you would be asked to watch a 5-minute educational video and then provide some feedback. The task will take no more than 25 minutes and you would receive $4.00. If you are interested, you may access the HIT on MTurk at the following link:

Reactions: It's Gamera!

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten my bonus from yesterday's Cereal Bars...

Must be a lot to add up. So many 15s and 16s yesterday.
:yeahthat:

Reactions: aveline

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Hey all; hope everyone had a good day. Hit a PE of $8.20, which is the best I've done in nearly three weeks. Nowhere near what I was used to doing a month ago, but considering I can't Turk at work anymore and I've been too tired to Turk before/after my workday, it's a small miracle. :viscidgreenbile:

HelloHello

Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: What do you see: a Baby: [0-2] a Kid: [2-12] a Teen: [11-18] a Young Adult: [17-35] a Adult: [33-55] a Elderly: [55+]? | PANDA
Requester: MLDataLabeler [A3OO8KUVWDSZPV] (Req TV): $21.86/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
What do you see: a Baby: [0-2] a Kid: [2-12] a Teen: [11-18] a Young Adult: [17-35] a Adult: [33-55] a Elderly: [55+]?
Time: 5 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 498
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: ebf7f7a1-60a7-49e7-b06e-26a3c4bf10d8 DoesNotExist ; HCJCPTJJQPHFGURVYMHZ DoesNotExist ;
yep, that's the one I was waiting for. Got a pic of Michelle Obama - fun to get to determine if she is adult or elderly. :wink: Ditto the fun when you get pics of women who are borderline like that and wonder if they knew my answer, would they be offended?

Hit my $5.05 PE (which is nice, the same number as my area code)

Reactions: cyberwasp

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Skylycat @Skylycat there was a rocket launch from the eastern shore of va tonight i thnk

Status
Not open for further replies.