Title: Your opinions about brands (takes about 10-12mins for $1.5) | Accept
Requester: cbresearch [AAP9RM5ZLYO0Z] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.45] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 48
Description: Give us your opinions about some brands (the survey contains two parts, takes about total 10-12 minutes to finish for $1.5)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
5:38[/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seeing as it is super slow this morning, I have a question for the other parents in the thread....am I the only person that thinks schools and kind of society in general are teaching kids to grow up to be really soft now?

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
The UX Research survey said "congratulations, you qualify" then in the next window said I don't, and to return it.

Thanks. -___-

Reactions: LucyO and savvy

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing as it is super slow this morning, I have a question for the other parents in the thread....am I the only person that thinks schools and kind of society in general are teaching kids to grow up to be really soft now?
That's not something that's their job to teach. If they're picking up something at school, just un-do it at home.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't think soft is the right word, I'd say empathetic and aware is more accurate. No kids (EVERRRRR) but my nieces and nephews are much more aware of things and VOCAL about it than I was, they're not afraid to speak up for others or point out racism or homophobia or any kind of BS the adults around them spew. It's 100% not their parents doing, and they don't all live together.

Just my two cents.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think soft is the right word, I'd say empathetic and aware is more accurate. No kids (EVERRRRR) but my nieces and nephews are much more aware of things and VOCAL about it than I was, they're not afraid to speak up for others or point out racism or homophobia or any kind of BS the adults around them spew. It's 100% not their parents doing, and they don't all live together.

Just my two cents.
Yeah, that's not soft, that's being human.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Just my two cents.
ALSO they're aware of their emotions and don't feel the need to be stoic about anything, they're super honest about things most of the time. It's wild.

Reactions: LucyO and savvy

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean with things like, they constantly accept late work for full credit, let them make up stuff they didn't turn in, retake tests they did poorly on. It's like they are teaching you guys that there are no consequences for not being on time....if I didn't turn something in it was a 0.

I didn't really mean in the social regard.

Reactions: Despairagus

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I mean with things like, they constantly accept late work for full credit, let them make up stuff they didn't turn in, retake tests they did poorly on. It's like they are teaching you guys that there are no consequences for not being on time....if I didn't turn something in it was a 0.

I do see that actually. My roommate does those things because otherwise SHE gets in trouble with administration.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I only thing I don't like about the school when it comes to social stuff is when they basically tell them if anyone says anything they don't like it's not ok and I was like.....there are going to be people that say shit you don't like for your whole life, sometimes that person may be your boss..you can't always be outraged someone said something you didn't like sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

As a future teacher, I won't allow any of those. You don't get full credit for late work unless there were serious circumstances causing it. I actually had a whole class about this stuff. Most of my classmates who are teachers said they do the same thing. Maybe it's just your school district.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
society is beyond soft in 2019

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a future teacher, I won't allow any of those. You don't get full credit for late work unless there were serious circumstances causing it. I actually had a whole class about this stuff. Most of my classmates who are teachers said they do the same thing. Maybe it's just your school district.
I had a teacher tell me they have no choice but to accept it because if their numbers are below a certain number they get fired and they aren't going to get fired because they are being a hardass.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score

Our schools don't really do that but I understand the reasoning. (They get reduced credit etc...)
They're there to learn, if a mistake happens and they're not doing the work on time, (or CAN'T- which is often the case) they'll just say "fuck it" and not do it at all. It's better they do it, then not learn something b/c children have a reward-pushed brain. Retaking tests helps them learn what they missed the first time.
Not everyone absorbs things the same, or as quickly. This blanket-treatment in the education system where you're expected to do things and are punished b/c your brain doesn't work like that is bullshit imo.

I had a lot of friends who needed extra time to learn, that ended up just doing poorly in school and failing when just a little extra time was all they needed.

The world doesn't end if adults are "late" in doing most things, and the things that DO matter- those brain-types aren't in charge of. The child-world should be just as accepting to brain/personality types, they don't suddenly appear when you graduate or turn 18.

Reactions: LucyO

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I had a teacher tell me they have no choice but to accept it because if their numbers are below a certain number they get fired and they aren't going to get fired because they are being a hardass.
Yeah schools are pretty crazy these days about numbers and being top percentage.
I know the district I wanna work in is more in tune with how I think so that's good for me.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

Locally, you will get fired if your students aren't doing well. even if the kids refuse. My friend has tried everything. Some kids just refuse to turn in work. You get no credit as a teacher for being strcit.

Same friend got in trouble for trying to hold her students accountable for using foul language. These are middle schoolers. Her principal told her to let it go.

This is the best most coveted school district in the area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.