• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
society is beyond soft in 2019
The other thing that gets me is, yea racism isn't ok, sexism isn't ok, I think most decent people realize this. However standing on a soap box and making every issue about it or trying to pull it out of situations that don't exist don't help it.

I'm a huge fan of George Carlins work, I feel like if he was a live today he'd have a field day with society and then get raked over the coals for being insensitive with his material.

Reactions: Peachy

Katia2019

Reaction score
Last night my future stepson (5th grade) was on the phone talking to his mother (who calls maybe once a month) and idk how it came up, but he said "depressed isn't an emotion. It's just something people say when they are lonely" and she didn't correct him at all and almost sounded like she agreed with him. Idk where he is learning such things, but if only being depressed was that simple.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Locally, you will get fired if your students aren't doing well. even if the kids refuse. My friend has tried everything. Some kids just refuse to turn in work. You get no credit as a teacher for being strcit.
Locally here kids do most work in class so I think that really helps the "not turning in work" because it's done in class and teachers can monitor easier.

Reactions: savvy

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Locally, you will get fired if your students aren't doing well. even if the kids refuse. My friend has tried everything. Some kids just refuse to turn in work. You get no credit as a teacher for being strcit.
I have a kid like this.....she is Fing every single class....doesn't care...part of it is because they refused to hold her back..it's like how is this helpful?

Reactions: savvy

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last night my future stepson (5th grade) was on the phone talking to his mother (who calls maybe once a month) and idk how it came up, but he said "depressed isn't an emotion. It's just something people say when they are lonely" and she didn't correct him at all and almost sounded like she agreed with him. Idk where he is learning such things, but if only being depressed was that simple.
I do think you can be situationally depressed.....I think those aren't most people though and really doesn't come close to addressing that issue at all.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
The other thing that gets me is, yea racism isn't ok, sexism isn't ok, I think most decent people realize this. However standing on a soap box and making every issue about it or trying to pull it out of situations that don't exist don't help it.

I'm a huge fan of George Carlins work, I feel like if he was a live today he'd have a field day with society and then get raked over the coals for being insensitive with his material.
George Carlin would indeed get raked over the coals in today’s society. Old Eddie Murphy would too. you make one “questionable” (according to today’s society) comment today and next thing you know you’re trending on Twitter and the PC police are trying to end your career. It’s pathetic.

Reactions: Despairagus

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
George Carlin would indeed get raked over the coals in today’s society. Old Eddie Murphy would too. you make one “questionable” (according to today’s society) comment today and next thing you know you’re trending on Twitter and the PC police are trying to end your career. It’s pathetic.
I just don't understand why people can't chill the fuck out, in the 50s, comedians like Lenny Bruce pushed the line because the way things were was stupid. Now I feel like we are going right back there with a huge section of people wanting anything deemed as remotely offensive banned.

It's like guys, we are suppose to have freedoms, if you don't like it, don't tune in but your beliefs don't get to tell everyone else what to do. But for some reason things like Twitter make every person feel like their view matters more than anyone elses.

Reactions: Peachy

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: aveline

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Quick and Fun Test! - only takes 15 minutes! | Accept
Requester: Erik [A1EVVM0P7RT7ZK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.26] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.51
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 10
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: alk69 and aveline

Katia2019

Reaction score
I do think you can be situationally depressed.....I think those aren't most people though and really doesn't come close to addressing that issue at all.
yeah. I agree with that. There are a lot of different reasons someone can be depressed. Just a simple "not all depressed people are just lonely, it's more complicated than that" would have been at least something. But it seems she doesn't care enough.

Also, with the schools. They changed things here a couple years ago. Regular tests don't matter, classwork and homework don't matter anymore. They take a special kind of test at the beginning of the year and end of the year. If the score at the end of the year is higher, they pass. That is all that is required to pass to move on to the next school year now. I think that is messed up. If a kid really doesn't care, they could just do poorly at the beginning and purposely get stuff wrong, not learn anything all year, and then try a little harder at the end of the year and pass. Nice way to teach kids that doing poorly at the beginning on purpose is the only thing you need to do to pass the school year. at least that's how I interpreted it when I read up on it when the change first came up.

Reactions: alk69

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeah. I agree with that. There are a lot of different reasons someone can be depressed. Just a simple "not all depressed people are just lonely, it's more complicated than that" would have been at least something. But it seems she doesn't care enough.

Also, with the schools. They changed things here a couple years ago. Regular tests don't matter, classwork and homework don't matter anymore. They take a special kind of test at the beginning of the year and end of the year. If the score at the end of the year is higher, they pass. That is all that is required to pass to move on to the next school year now. I think that is messed up. If a kid really doesn't care, they could just do poorly at the beginning and purposely get stuff wrong, not learn anything all year, and then try a little harder at the end of the year and pass. Nice way to teach kids that doing poorly at the beginning on purpose is the only thing you need to do to pass the school year. at least that's how I interpreted it when I read up on it when the change first came up.
Teaching kids how to sandbag.....that is brilliant.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Reactions: aveline

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I just don't understand why people can't chill the fuck out, in the 50s, comedians like Lenny Bruce pushed the line because the way things were was stupid. Now I feel like we are going right back there with a huge section of people wanting anything deemed as remotely offensive banned.

It's like guys, we are suppose to have freedoms, if you don't like it, don't tune in but your beliefs don't get to tell everyone else what to do. But for some reason things like Twitter make every person feel like their view matters more than anyone elses.
Freedom of speech isn't freedom from criticism.

If only people had this kind of energy for literal white supremacists instead of those dastardly SJWs.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think my overall feeling on a lot of these topics are remember how people in our country spent years fighting censorship?

I feel like a lot of people want anything they don't like censored now, I thought we worked hard to get rid of this shit.

Katia2019

Reaction score
Title: A 5-minute academic survey about donation(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Phyllis Wang [A3E223Z8T0R6V5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.07] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 0
Description: survey
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

2:37. writing
From the HIT page:
"Thank you so much for participating in our study!

You are kindly expected to spend about 5 minute finishing this survey.

Thank you so much!"

You kindly didn't spend about 5 minutes.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Making Character Judgements: How Does This Person Seem to You? | Accept
Requester: Joyce Oates [A3DAHBKE9NC562] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.37] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.60] [Fast=4.20] [Comm=4.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 10:00
Available: 0
Description: You will be making brief judgements based on a picture and a short description of that person. The task will take 1-2 mins. You must be age 18 years or older and fluent in English. There are no risks. Compensation for participation is $.20.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

57 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.