06/06 - Wild Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell do I get this qual? First time poster :)
Hi, they recruited over 6 weeks ago. It's a 16-week project. You can't join in part way I'm sorry.

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey of Human Personality(~ 12 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Michael Andreychik [A2BDG7GZL5IEP3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.60] [Fast=4.70] [Comm=4.44] [Fair=4.81] [Reviews=37] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 2400
Available: 1
Description: This survey focuses on better understanding the relationships among various aspects of people's personalities. You will complete some surveys that will take about 10-15 minutes.
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, US; Inc: [19-91361] Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
o[/td][/tr]

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
Elf on a shelf takes me to new levels of rage. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why but something about the already crushing holiday expectations on moms/pinterest nonsense/authoritarian surveillance normalization/etc makes me stabby
My professor's kids were terrified of the elf on a shelf his parents bought them against their will...so they murdered elf on a shelf and explained he wasn't really Santa's elf, he was just an imposter and not to worry about it. They had taken care of the situation. The kids then became terrified it would come back to life, so he buried it in the back yard with it's little legs sticking out of the ground.

Morbid, but pretty amusing.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Title: Food Safety Survey Review | Accept
Requester: Angela Listy [A1M2H0HAEXONBY] Contact
TO: [Pay=3.04] [Fast=4.47] [Comm=3.35] [Fair=4.12] [Reviews=284] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=5.44] [Pen=2.76 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=52%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=3]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Description: Please take and review this survey about Food Safety.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
get Listy with it[/td][/tr]

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My goddaughter kept getting bitten by a boy way older than her in elementary school. We kept complaining and nothing much happened. I may have accidentally given her sketchy advice...she ended up whacking this kid with her harry potter book when he tried it again. I've never been more proud she stood up for herself/simultaneously horrified that I gave my goddaughter the idea to use a book as a weapon... and that I had to go down to her school with her dad cause she proudly credited me with this idea. Ewps.

Mind you, the boy left her alone after that and the little lady has not had a single issue with bullies anymore (she skipped a few grades and is extremely small compared to most of the kids because of it). I still told her not to weaponize books in the future. No hitting and all that.

A+ godparenting right there. I think I totally deserve my best godmom mug.
It seems like part of the problem that allows bullying to continue is that the bullies get a pass while the kids who defend their selves get in trouble. It's been the same story since I was in school back in 1674. I was literally suspended for calling my bully names and avoiding class afterward, despite the principal knowing about the issue for months and blaming me. Is it "right" for kids to hit other kids with books? Not necessarily, but that line of right/wrong blurs when it's defense against a behavior of bullying that is not being dealt with by teachers and administrators. Bullies want kids who don't fight back so they can feel powerful. Fighting back with a book tells that little jerk to bugger off.....so I hope you get your mug!

I'm the wrong one. They like you better. We are both probably evil though. :giggle:
Aw, I'm sure that's not true and they like us equally. High five for both being evil though! :highfive:

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about brands | Accept
Requester: Research Province [A2JA2LBPNFWYI2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.65] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.86] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.06] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1200
Description: We are conducting market research on popular culture and we'd like your opinion
Qualifications: Age - 30 - 35 EqualTo 0; Age - 25 - 30 EqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
4 mins.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Stacy B

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
If I had kids I would not want to try and work outside the house unless I could sucker family members into watching the kids for free. Daycare is expensive and sorta defeats the purpose. (to me)
I got lucky. I got an in home daycare with someone I had known for years. She is still a dear friend to this day. Not all daycare is bad :) And not really defeats the purpose...kids are in school a lot of their lives and parents are still highly involved (well, at least I am highly involved, maybe all parents aren't?).

I'm probably a little over-reacty though when it's even remotely implied putting your kid in daycare is somehow not good parenting. (which, I know you were not implying!!) Doing daycare was my only choice if I wanted my son as I deliberately got pregnant with him knowing I would be a single mom. :)

(If anyone is hearing that for the first time, just want to be clear that I did not trick some dude into knocking me up, lol. He knocked me up on purpose!)

And oh. I love the Elf on the Shelf. It's just a doll that you can do with whatever you want. Ours was never a fancy elf, sorta basic and a bit of a trickster, and I am baffled by the hatred of something that is just a Christmas decoration that "moves".

SunlitSunflower

FIGHT FOR LIFE! STRIVE FOR MORE. GROW TALL!
Reaction score
The day I get a good nights sleep and a gillion ipsofts show up QQ

Reactions: minkyboodle

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
they should start expiring in about 15min so set a panda and try to catch some of those.
you have the hit id by any chance? :)

John Potter

Reaction score
Title: Make predictions about political events $16. Week 6.(~ 120 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.06] [Pay=3.97] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.40] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.24] [Fast=4.75] [Comm=4.28] [Fair=4.85] [Reviews=492] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=13.73] [Pen=0.11 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=95%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 16.00
Duration: 14400
Available: 56
Description: This is an invitation to complete a 2 hour political forecasting HIT to make predictions about political events.
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1171] DoesNotExist ; Inc: [19-91397] Exists ; Exc: [91986-91397] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
get yo money[/td][/tr]

$22 of HITs in queue now. Time to get working...
Do we need to work on these right away or is it safe to wait until tomorrow? I am not sure I am up to doing it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.