06/09 - Teuthida Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
Once you get a foundation of knowledge (good requesters, get comfortable using scripts, learning how to read if a survey will be quick/will give a good bonus/will grant a beneficial qual/get some favorite batches) and start building off of that you'll find you improve pretty rapidly. There's definitely a learning curve that comes with MTurk. This forum will help A LOT, but major improvement will come from learning by experience. So, don't get discouraged!
Exactly! Once I learned who and what to look for, it made it so much easier to start building numbers. I was still very careful with my approval rating, but when everyone on here said go ham on a9's cause they're safe, I did as many as I felt I could do and not risk TOO much. Once I cleared 5000, the doors really opened up. Well, that and finally figuring out HitScraper..... Anyhoo, Infinity @Infinity is so dead on with the learning curve part - it just takes a little time and patience.....

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Problem with your Bank(~ 12 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Donnel Briley [A28H8571T708IE] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.73 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 21 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be asked to tell us how you would respond to a disagreement with your bank, and to tell us about your personality
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Exc: [11288-14151] has not been granted;Location is one of: US

Reactions: <Gucci>

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.73 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be asked to tell us how you would respond to a disagreement with your bank, and to tell us about your personality
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Exc: [11288-14151] has not been granted;Location is one of: US
Damn. Thought I had a good one. Qualed out from a different hit in April....

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
When I see people say they make 60-100 dollars a day turking, I'm just like:

Seems nearly impossible to me.
I've done it a few times and Im relatively new to turking.

I often get too bored to go above 40+ a day though.

Reactions: jnalleyne

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
When I see people say they make 60-100 dollars a day turking, I'm just like:

Seems nearly impossible to me.
today sucked for almost everyone...

but newbie turkers have picked quite an interesting time to be on mturk. That script Kadauchi recently made that lets people list every hit they worked on ("Today's projected earnings") is the most beautiful thing ever.

It gives you a clear, detailed way to see how people make 60+ days on here, Now newbies can't do all of the same work due to quals/numbers/masters etc, but its so easy now to find the good requesters and just copy and paste their names into hit monitor or the hit scraper includelist.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.73 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Submit a new TO review
7-8 minutes.

D

Deleted member 526

Title: Find the executive team for hospitals | PANDA
Requester: Julian Shapiro [A38F6DDY3K8RDG] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Given the hospital name, find the name, title, and email for the executive team
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 71
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: None
I wonder how hard it would be to find this info
probably worth it once you get in a groove. I would hoard and then return all if they aren't fast enough after 3-4 hits.

Reactions: Squatty and kryss

jnalleyne

Reaction score
today sucked for almost everyone...

but newbie turkers have picked quite an interesting time to be on mturk. That script Kadauchi recently made that lets people list every hit they worked on ("Today's projected earnings") is the most beautiful thing ever.

It gives you a clear, detailed way to see how people make 60+ days on here, Now newbies can't do all of the same work due to quals/numbers/masters etc, but its so easy now to find the good requesters and just copy and paste their names into hit monitor or the hit scraper includelist.
What's the name of this script?

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Do you do just surveys or batches?
Both. I do whats worth my time.

I find hits from here. I find my own. Some requesters post every day at certain times, sometimed that changes.

Im not the best turker and I average at least 7-10$ an hour. If a good batch is up Ive hit 15+.

This is how I pay my rent. Honestly I only get around 30-40 a day after turking from morning to afternoon(average time) and then I play games the rest of the day and repeat. Some days I skip.

You just have to be willing to put the hours in and be lucky. Then find requesters you like and that post often.

Status
Not open for further replies.