06/30 - Three Six Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
shit I would put up even the temp ones that you can do with magnets, fuck what the neighbors think, take them down when not nedded
do you mean temporary solar panels? or temporary curtains? haha. if solar panels, what?!?! tell me where i can get these!

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely. I don't see the reason to dislike these as its extremely mindless. Even though I keep taking breaks it seems like it could be upwards of $20 an hour. Maybe more if you do them nonstop. Does the bonus amount go up with your accuracy level? Today's my first day doing them and I got the .20c bonus for hitting accuracy level 1 at around 70 submitted. I think they're still giving me 45c bonuses for not being able to map a.. map.
My lowest bonus has been 15¢, but usually it's 40-48¢. And I don't know why I'm getting bonuses when it's just sand dunes, but I'll take it.

[eta] I just got bumped to accuracy level 2, I am not sure if that is good, but I got a 40¢ bonus with it.

Last edited:

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
oh I wasn't talking about solar, but just know most of those sites are done by the oil and gas companies and they have a agenda. Solar right now is just slightly more expensive then normal electric (made from coal and natural gas) and the costs are dropping even as we speak.
Oh sorry, I knew you were talking about the curtains. I hit reply on the wrong post. But yeah, I didn't think about oil/gas interests paying for these "estimates."

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My lowest bonus has been 15¢, but usually it's 40-48¢. And I don't know why I'm getting bonuses when it's just sand dunes, but I'll take it.

[eta] I just got bumped to accuracy level 2, I am not sure if that is good, but I got a 40¢ bonus with it.
I just did 10 and only got 1 bonus.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
We have gas heat, so at least that bill is, like, $20 in the summer. Just enough for cooking. :)
Same here. My heat is gas, so in the winter it's a lot. In the summer $20 or below. I do have a gas dryer, but that doesn't use much gas at all. Much more efficient than an electric dryer.

My electric bill is higher in the winter, though, when I have Christmas lights up. I spent a lot of money to Griswold up my neighborhood.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Only native speakers of American English, make 55 recordings of yourself saying short phrases.(20160629b_en_US) | PANDA
Requester: Acme Data Collection [A3A1AJ4RPLTOLY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.61 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.68 Generosity
★★★★ 4.92 Fairness
★★★★ 4.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 79 | TOS Flags: 4
Submit a new TO review
Description: Please answer a few demographic questions, then record yourself saying short phrases.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.75
Qualifications: Location is US

There's a C wandering. Hoping A shows up.

(and actually got them unlike yesterday :headwall:)

Last edited:

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Definitely. I don't see the reason to dislike these as its extremely mindless. Even though I keep taking breaks it seems like it could be upwards of $20 an hour. Maybe more if you do them nonstop. Does the bonus amount go up with your accuracy level? Today's my first day doing them and I got the .20c bonus for hitting accuracy level 1 at around 70 submitted. I think they're still giving me 45c bonuses for not being able to map a.. map.
The accuracy bonuses are random. If you map a map they know and do it well you get an accuracy bonus. It ranges from .20 to .80.
You are supposed to get difficulty bonuses depending on how difficult the map is, but that is an unknown how they determine that. Those range from .15-.45.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Todd R. Kaplan for work related to 3U74KRR67LKF8TRZJQZV8JYKKOWTNJ.
The value of your bonus is: $2.20 USD

The Requester included this note:
payment earned from task

Reactions: bxpretzel

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Only native speakers of American English, make 10 recordings of yourself saying short phrases.(20160630_en_US) | PANDA
Requester: Acme Data Collection [A3A1AJ4RPLTOLY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.61 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.68 Generosity
★★★★ 4.92 Fairness
★★★★ 4.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 79 | TOS Flags: 4
Submit a new TO review
Description: Please answer a few demographic questions, then record yourself saying short phrases.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Location is US

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol!

And thanks for posting that cricket rewards deal the other day. Got my $5 Amazon card yesterday! :thumbup:
I saw someone on reddit say they were mailed lemons from a friend that way xD

Oh no problem! Glad everyone who did it seems to have received it. I also got my gift card :bode:

MamaTurkey

Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
yeah, our house is about 90% south facing and it kills us during the summer. we need better window treatments but have been putting those off because i priced them out and it's about $500 for our remaining windows so we just have basic curtains up. our A/C can't keep up on summer afternoons. the house is IDEAL for solar panels because of the south facing orientation though, but we are waiting until the cost comes down and a solar co-op comes to town before pulling the trigger on that, but i admit it factored into my decision when we bought the house
Walmart has a cheap line of Eclipse panels that might be worth looking at if you haven't seen them. They're not very pretty (the plastic lining makes them hang like a shower curtain) but they paid for themselves for us. I stretched one tight and put it underneath our existing window treatments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.