08/25 - Sound of Covers Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeQuinn

Contributor
Reaction score
I was saying this just yesterday privately, auto acceptors will become the new norm for 2019. MTurk has always been an arms race. TBH it is pretty impressive that there was such a long gap between scrapers/pandas to auto acceptors.
Would people who live closer to the MTURK servers have an advantage? I am guessing people who live on the west coast ,where I presume the servers are, will have the best chance when it come to AA hits.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Would people who live closer to the MTURK servers have an advantage? I am guessing people who live on the west coast ,where I presume the servers are, will have the best chance when it come to AA hits.
Internet traffic doesn't always travel 'as the crow flies', as they say. There are so many things that come into play that, it really wouldn't matter that much, if at all. When you are dealing with info that's travelling on fiber, or on a radio wave, distance is really the least of your concerns when talking about speed. It's more every stop that the data makes between you and the server, and how the request is handled at each, that slows things down.

:)

Last edited:

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was saying this just yesterday privately, auto acceptors will become the new norm for 2019. MTurk has always been an arms race. TBH it is pretty impressive that there was such a long gap between scrapers/pandas to auto acceptors.
Auto-accept will not solve the problem of surveys being awful.

GTR

Reaction score
for the record, i never mentioned fight club :tinfoil:
also, i'm starting a very secret forum that i'm not going to give the link to anyone, so be looking out for that

Reactions: MechaC and Peachy

logan635

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
[Mod Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i wonder if moving outside Bezos’ zipcode will get me faster turk times

Reactions: turkleton and GTR

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
It might have some effect, but the delay between requests is a lot longer than latency differences of decent internet service providers. Excluding mobile, that's maybe up to 10x. My network traffic right now from California to mturk is going to Virginia, so there's that too.

Amazon has datacenters in multiple locations. https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/

Reactions: Kadauchi

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i wonder if moving outside Bezos’ zipcode will get me faster turk times
I think moving closer to him, you'd actually start making more money. Ever notice how he usually has a few nerds orbiting around him? They were all janitors before they got caught in his entrepreneurial gravity.

Reactions: Kadauchi and Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I think moving closer to him, you'd actually start making more money. Ever notice how he usually has a few nerds orbiting around him? They were all janitors before they got caught in his entrepreneurial gravity.
i’d be his orbiting nerd anyday

Reactions: GTR and Jerami

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Serpturkey

Title: Click the best result from a set of Search Results | Accept
Requester: Alan Howard [A3ADHIUC4KK9NB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.00] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 120
Available: 1
Description: Simply click on the result that you’d select yourself for that search.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

Status
Not open for further replies.