08/25 - Sound of Covers Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Would people who live closer to the MTURK servers have an advantage? I am guessing people who live on the west coast ,where I presume the servers are, will have the best chance when it come to AA hits.
As far as I'm aware, there are more than one MTurk node distributed throughout the country. So while the advantage won't be directly for the west coast, it would be advantageous to be closer to one of these nodes.

Its not all doom and gloom so don't worry. If everyone is auto accepting, that means they are more than likely going to be trying for a lot of surveys, so their acceptor won't be as focused as someone who loaded up PC with a few HIT that they wanted. Think, adding all 20 green TO surveys vs adding only the 3 you really wanted.

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, there are more than one MTurk node distributed throughout the country. So while the advantage won't be directly for the west coast, it would be advantageous to be closer to one of these nodes.

Its not all doom and gloom so don't worry. If everyone is auto accepting, that means they are more than likely going to be trying for a lot of surveys, so their acceptor won't be as focused as someone who loaded up PC with a few HIT that they wanted. Think, adding all 20 green TO surveys vs adding only the 3 you really wanted.
This and qualifications are going to become even more stringently enforced and valuable than they already are. You can attempt to auto accept all day, but it won't change the fact that you are unqualified.

Reactions: GTR

GTR

Reaction score
rip john mccain
did not care for all of his politics/policies
and I am not a fan of Republicans especially the spineless ones we have in Congress now, but he was a HERO and he served his country, he did not leave his men behind and he stood up to that orangetard in the house

respect and RIP MR. McCain

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Think, adding all 20 green TO surveys vs adding only the 3 you really wanted.
God bless anyone who runs an auto-acceptor that relies on TO ratings. Those HITs will be long gone before they even get a response back from the UCSD servers...

logan635

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
God bless anyone who runs an auto-acceptor that relies on TO ratings. Those HITs will be long gone before they even get a response back from the UCSD servers...
the irony is that if the tool works well and is widely adopted, the tool itself will actually invert its goal of "spending less time finding work" for people who come to rely on it.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
did not care for all of his politics/policies
and I am not a fan of Republicans especially the spineless ones we have in Congress now, but he was a HERO and he served his country, he did not leave his men behind and he stood up to that orangetard in the house

respect and RIP MR. McCain
Politics aside, he seemed like a cool guy. I hope Trump feels bad for talking so much shit about him.

Reactions: GTR

Romantic Grapefruit

Shhhhh. You don't have to tell anyone.
Banned
Reaction score
the irony is that if the tool works well and is widely adopted, the tool itself will actually invert its goal of "spending less time finding work" for people who come to rely on it.
My guess is that this is why it's all hush hush and won't ever be open to every single person. At least as I understand it. As for inverting its goal though I don't see it really happening that way. You still get to just run it in the background and accept stuff. Whether it gets you a lot or a little, that still seems beneficial to me as someone who works a whole lot of hours during a day, so every little bit counts. I don't see it as something you'd rely on exclusively. Part of efficient turking is having a wide range of tools available that do different things. I'd be curious to see if you can run it and panda crazy at the same time. Maybe pc for targeted stuff and that script for general stuff. I also don't know what Mturk's policy is on being logged in to the same account from multiple computers is. If it were allowed, you could run multiple instances of the script(s) on a couple of PCs to maximize your chances of catching things. But that may not be supported or in the TOS. I'd have to check into it I guess. Don't want to do anything sketchy.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My guess is that this is why it's all hush hush and won't ever be open to every single person. At least as I understand it. As for inverting its goal though I don't see it really happening that way. You still get to just run it in the background and accept stuff. Whether it gets you a lot or a little, that still seems beneficial to me as someone who works a whole lot of hours during a day, so every little bit counts. I don't see it as something you'd rely on exclusively. Part of efficient turking is having a wide range of tools available that do different things. I'd be curious to see if you can run it and panda crazy at the same time. Maybe pc for targeted stuff and that script for general stuff. I also don't know what Mturk's policy is on being logged in to the same account from multiple computers is. If it were allowed, you could run multiple instances of the script(s) on a couple of PCs to maximize your chances of catching things. But that may not be supported or in the TOS. I'd have to check into it I guess. Don't want to do anything sketchy.
Do you know about PREs? You can't circumvent them by spreading stuff across multiple computers because they count the page requests against each account, not each device.

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know about PREs? You can't circumvent them by spreading stuff across multiple computers because they count the page requests against each account, not each device.
I was not aware that they worked that way, no. But yes I know about PREs.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
True dat. Turking 101. I use 3 PCs, all logged in 100% of my turktime, PRE's are the same, regardless. You can still only poll AMT about once per second, give or take a few ms. Sometimes PRE's are more of an issue with multiple PCs, because things aren't synced across all PC's. So, even if I have HF on one @5000ms and HC on another at 5000ms, should be fine right? That's only twice every 5 seconds. Well, not if it's the same second.

Just a general PSA. I know you know this well Tandem In Time @Sciency McScienceface. This is for those that may not.:)

Reactions: Tandem In Time

BreeQuinn

Contributor
Reaction score
True dat. Turking 101. I use 3 PCs, all logged in 100% of my turktime, PRE's are the same, regardless. You can still only poll AMT about once per second, give or take a few ms. Sometimes PRE's are more of an issue with multiple PCs, because things aren't synced across all PC's. So, even if I have HF on one @5000ms and HC on another at 5000ms, should be fine right? That's only twice every 5 seconds. Well, not if it's the same second.

Just a general PSA. I know you know this well Tandem In Time @Sciency McScienceface. This is for those that may not.:)
I understand if you don't want to give out the info, but what's your setup? It sounds interesting.

Reactions: Jerami

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah I appreciate the info guys. I always thought it had to do with requests coming specifically from the browser, not the account. They've got it locked up good then to shut down tomfoolery. Let it never be said that I lack humility or the ability to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.