09/01 - Worldly Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Interview Participants Needed (~30 min), 65+, $20 Amazon Gift Card, Please Fill in 1-Minute ScreenerAccept
Requester: Natasha Randall [A28JV54QB278YW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null][Pay=Unrated][Approval=Unrated][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 00:05:00
Available: 1
Description: Must be 65 years or older. Please fill out this short, 1-minute screener if you are interested in being contacted for a interview ($20). We will contact you within 5 days if we are interested in scheduling an interview.
Qualifications: Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US

PandaThief

Reaction score
can someone do these so i can get them off my scraper ?

Title: [Main Round] Writing with AI - Argumentative Writing (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised) | PANDA
Requester: Percy Liang [A29YQT3EEC0ZEC] (Req TV): $15.73/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Write a short argumentative essay in response to a given prompt with an AI-powered writing assistant
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 50
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: plambda-deny DoesNotExist ; wwai-qualified Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test;

Title: [Main Round] Writing with AI - Creative Writing (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
Requester: Percy Liang [A29YQT3EEC0ZEC] (Req TV): $15.73/hr/hr
Description:
Write a short story in response to a given prompt with an AI-powered writing assistant
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 47
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: plambda-deny DoesNotExist ; wwai-qualified Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test;

Dan 45

Reaction score
My biggest question I guess is: What is the single best way to try and get the HIT's before they are gobbled up? Do these things (scripts,etc.) automatically select HITs while you are currently working on another? Or do you still manually have to select them?

chessgame44

Reaction score
Well looks like this isn't the day to be turking, so I'm off to do other things. Hope everyone has a good day and finds some hits.

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Title: Survey on perceptions of change(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Denny Huynh [A3CSIQSM56RNOT] (Req TV): $15.21/hr/hr
Description:
Survey on impressions of people over time
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 60
Reward: $0.48
Qualifications: Exc: [317008-316419] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Reactions: jan

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Title: Social psychology survey(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jake Teeny [A2UA7OFFT6FRW3] (Req TV): $13.31/hr/hr
Description:
In this research, you will provide your opinion about a variety of different professions
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: Exc: [317017-316428] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Reactions: jan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read an article for research! (~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT]
TurkerView: [ $14.55 / hour ]
Description: This study involves a survey for research conducted by Michael Norton and Ryan Buell at Harvard Business School. You will be asked to read an article and answer a few questions about it. This study will help us learn about individual behavior and decision-making. This survey will take about 5 minutes and you will be compensated $0.64 for completing the study. The HIT Is open to those participants who are 18 years or older, located in the U.S., with a HIT approval rate of at least 95%, and have completed at least 500 previous HITs. Additionally, you must be a Republican.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 2
Reward: $0.64
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [317002-316413] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3TO8OQV8RRE2202SUJ94UBEAY8SOLE]

jan

Reaction score
My biggest question I guess is: What is the single best way to try and get the HIT's before they are gobbled up? Do these things (scripts,etc.) automatically select HITs while you are currently working on another? Or do you still manually have to select them?
there are scrapers out there that automatically accept hits over a certain $. I don't use them. So, you have to ask someone else about them. If you are working on a batch, then panda crazy is great for that. But to work on a batch, you have to have a batch (and the qual). ABQ (always be qualling). You never know when something will turn into a closed qual that will benefit you.

Also - don't do so many hits for any one requester that, if they mass reject your hits, it will sink your approval rating so low that you cannot recover (your rating does make a difference in what you can accept).

Everyone works on mturk a bit differently. YOu have to try out different things and see what works for you

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Title: Survey about a smoothie product(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kenneth Manning [A35PKWPV8XMFXI] (Req TV): $16.01/hr/hr
Description:
40 cents
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 22
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [317022-316433] DoesNotExist ; 332de925 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Reactions: jan and Blakkat

Dan 45

Reaction score
Thanks again Jan,
I have approximately 3300 HITs completed in 5 months without using any programs or anything. So a lot of this is new to me. For instance, this concept of "batch" is new to me as a couple of days ago. What type of HITs would be considered a batch. Apparently good money can be made from those and I haven't done any of those.

chessgame44

Reaction score
Also, don't assume because these people are putting up $40 or $60 amounts that there's actually work out there. I can tell you that I made $0.40 today so far. I don't have some of the qualifications that these guys have even though I've been working on Turk for a long time ( took a break for a few years though).

There is a qualification called CR research one that most of these guys have, that is very hard to get. I haven't been able to get it. A lot of the hits involve that qualification, so if you don't have it you're not going to be able to do those hits.

There's another qualification called Masters that is very rarely given out. I've been doing this for something like seven or eight years and I don't have Masters. It seems to be kind of arbitrary who they give it to, although it's obviously for people that Turk a lot (and well)

So sometimes if you don't see any work, maybe you should walk away. Other times you don't see any work, you should wait... but it's one of those things that's hard to tell what to do. I probably average $20 per day, and I've been doing this a long time, though I did take a four year break and things are a bit different upon returning. I'm hoping to start making $30 a day by next month, and hopefully I'll be making $40 a day by Christmas... but it's one of those things that takes a long time, and there's no guarantees, and there's no automatic thing that works well, except for panda.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A survey about your social relations (~5 mins)(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: syu [A1NM366GM06OMP]
TurkerView: [ $13.86 / hour ]
Description: An online survey about your social relations, perceptions, and decision-making
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 6
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [317007-316418] DoesNotExist
  • CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3AIRCNF3DAPUX3VDZYO49WVO0F2MQI]

jan

Reaction score
Thanks again Jan,
I have approximately 3300 HITs completed in 5 months without using any programs or anything. So a lot of this is new to me. For instance, this concept of "batch" is new to me as a couple of days ago. What type of HITs would be considered a batch. Apparently good money can be made from those and I haven't done any of those.
a batch is more than a few hits - sometimes they drop as several thousand hits. The pay might be low (.05) but you get into a rhythm and can do hundreds.

Lumius

Reaction score
I think one of the things to understand about Mturk, is that it's a process. It's about carefully curating your addons, and accumulating good requesters. It's about not wasting time on work you struggle with, and bad requesters

I hadn't turked with scripts for almost 2 years, since I mainly do it at work. I did some yesterday, and blocked literally 22 pages of bad requesters over the course of the day. 22 pages of people under $7/hr avg, or low hit approval.

However, I had many perennial good people, and Turkerview makes it easy to see who is good. Yesterday was grand, and had >$100 of good surveys.

It's all about batches you enjoy doing, getting a panda for them, and learn who is good, who is bad, and who ugly (I'm looking at you, Noah Turk).

If you follow along a couple of forums, you can see what people are doing that pays. Lapetitebaker(#1 Turkerviewer) and Blakkat post tons of good things on here and the turkerview forum. They're super easy to use, and you can import pandas/searches from the links they post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.