09/01 - Worldly Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Everyone works on mturk a bit differently. YOu have to try out different things and see what works for you
this is the best advice. I love jury hits, others here hate 'em. I hate some batch hits, others eat 'em up
And jan @jan is right, always be qualling (I think that might be a misdemeanor here in KY)

Reactions: jan

PandaThief

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice.
There is no shortcut to becoming a good turker... Practice, practice, practice.

Better pay comes with experience. You could submit 100 000 penny HITs but that's not going to make you more experienced with using mturk. Spend your first 5000 HITs trying different kinds of HITs (while choosing carefully -- stay away from the risky requesters). Use something like Mturk Suite to both provide you with TO ratings on the fly as well as give you the ability to block all of those crummy receipt HITs and other garbage -- if they're cluttering up your screen you're not going to be able to see anything good.

Figure out what you're good at doing, what you might be good at doing, and what skills you might have that could make a meh HIT an awesome one.Ask yourself things like Do you have a programmable mouse? Can you use AutoHotKey? Does the HIT have potential to become fast once you've got an efficient routine down pat?

Don't get stuck in the trap of thinking that the HIT must pay a high amt to be worth it. I'd way rather do 20 5-cent HITs that take 15-20 seconds each than to do one higher paying $1 HIT that takes me 10 minutes to do.

The people with high earnings after a few months probably had 150 HITs completed within the first 2 days of turk -- you just need to turk more so that you can learn how to turk effectively.

Dan 45

Reaction score
I really do appreciate everyone taking the time and their input. I guess I'm doing fairly well (averaging 700$/month) in my first 5 months. One thing I probably should do is lower my minimum payment. I set it at .25 so I don't see all those .01 receipt things. Sounds like I'm missing out on some. Maybe I'll set it at .5 or .10 and see how that goes.

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
My biggest question I guess is: What is the single best way to try and get the HIT's before they are gobbled up? Do these things (scripts,etc.) automatically select HITs while you are currently working on another? Or do you still manually have to select them?
Hey Dan,
There are different approaches. Personally I installed TamperMonkey as a Chrome add-in. Then I added the Panda Crazy and Panda Crazy Helper scripts. Running the scripts, when I read MTurk Crowd posts I click on the 'Once' button which appears with HITs posted here that thoughtful and kind fellow MTurkers have posted. This puts Panda Crazy into a mode where it keeps trying to accept the HIT. Sometimes it succeeds and places the HIT in my queue to work. It is many magnitudes more effective than just banging away trying to accept them. You need to do some reading to get this working. Check out the Greasy Fork webside.

Good luck.

Reactions: Blakkat and jan

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I really do appreciate everyone taking the time and their input. I guess I'm doing fairly well (averaging 700$/month) in my first 5 months. One thing I probably should do is lower my minimum payment. I set it at .25 so I don't see all those .01 receipt things. Sounds like I'm missing out on some. Maybe I'll set it at .5 or .10 and see how that goes.
Those low paying hits helps get your numbers up. I believe those are the ones
that helped my get my Masters only after less than six months of turking. I can't say for sure that's why I got my Masters so quick but I believe it had a lot to do with all those thousand thousand of A9's I done for pennies that helped.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Those low paying hits helps get your numbers up. I believe those are the ones
that helped my get my Masters only after less than six months of turking. I can't say for sure that's why I got my Masters so quick but I believe it had a lot to do with all those thousand thousand of A9's I done for pennies that helped.
Just some thread titles off of reddit on how to get masters

*Henlo how do masters ?
* Will i make 3K a month if i get masters
* If i turk from the US do i get masters ?
* How to apply for masters?
* Show me hits that give me masters
* What day are masters released ?
*I can't get masters, please post the qual

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take a follow-up study about workplace attitudes and behaviors (Previous Participants ONLY) | PANDA
Requester: Yolanda Christophe [A38MX2G2XH7N9M]
TurkerView: [ $8.73 / hour ]
Description: This research seeks to examine the impact of psychological (cognitive and emotional) factors on workplace attitudes and job performance. Please note, that you should ONLY take this study if you received a follow-up email. Thank you!
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications:
  • None
[3VS2P0ED9SK3PGUPXRLNES5LGJGZOU]

turker4hire

Reaction score
can someone do these so i can get them off my scraper ?

Title: [Main Round] Writing with AI - Argumentative Writing (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised) | PANDA
Requester: Percy Liang [A29YQT3EEC0ZEC] (Req TV): $15.73/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Write a short argumentative essay in response to a given prompt with an AI-powered writing assistant
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 50
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: plambda-deny DoesNotExist ; wwai-qualified Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test;

Title: [Main Round] Writing with AI - Creative Writing (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
Requester: Percy Liang [A29YQT3EEC0ZEC] (Req TV): $15.73/hr/hr
Description:
Write a short story in response to a given prompt with an AI-powered writing assistant
HITs Available: 47
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: plambda-deny DoesNotExist ; wwai-qualified Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test;
I can only do 1-2 a day. To much time, work, and thought for me. I can't get into a working groove on those hits.

Reactions: PandaThief and jan

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Also, don't assume because these people are putting up $40 or $60 amounts that there's actually work out there. I can tell you that I made $0.40 today so far. I don't have some of the qualifications that these guys have even though I've been working on Turk for a long time ( took a break for a few years though).

There is a qualification called CR research one that most of these guys have, that is very hard to get. I haven't been able to get it. A lot of the hits involve that qualification, so if you don't have it you're not going to be able to do those hits.

There's another qualification called Masters that is very rarely given out. I've been doing this for something like seven or eight years and I don't have Masters. It seems to be kind of arbitrary who they give it to, although it's obviously for people that Turk a lot (and well)
CR does seem to be a mystery. I've had masters since 2013 or so. A guy on reddit posted that he did this hit and got master. So a bunch of us did it and we all got masters. It was some photo moderation hit. Apparently they haven't handed out masters since 2018. I think they thought it would be a big moneymaker with the added fees, but most requesters fell for it once and then put quals in and dropped the masters. Some got masters with less than 10K hits, others had 500K and no masters. So it really seems(seemed) to be luck of the draw

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Public Health Messages (~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: sunny liu [A2N41E6JKNOGRU] (Req TV): $23.49/hr/hr
Description:
Please fill out a short survey about your perceptions of a public health message
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 110
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Exc: [968011377-316439] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Reactions: JanetW

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Those receipt hits are where the big money's at. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Turtlefemm

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: ($2.5, 10min) Image Classification: Identify PatternsAccept
Requester: MLDataLabeler [A29SD5N4EEZ25M] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.63][Pay=Generous][Approval=3-7 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=0.00][Reviews=2][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.40
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: You will be shown a sequence of 30 images each with some shapes. You will be asked to decide a label for each image based on its properties like the type and number of shapes, their color, filling etc. There will be instructions on how to classify the images in the task. This task should take < 10 minutes to complete and pays a total of $2.5 (0.4 base + 2.1 via bonuses)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
No boners in this MLD hit, but there is a bonus

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey (~3 min) on consumer behavior (saving and spending)(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Marketing Researcher [A2ARGV8N0Z21DL]
TurkerView: [ $10.76 / hour ]
Description: This is a very short survey (~3 minutes) interested in understanding how and why consumers save and spend money. You will be asked to share your beliefs, opinions, and about your past behaviors.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 5
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [317051-316462] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[30DDVUIQL182D712QYOZLGU49SO8BE]

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Title: Opinion survey(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jin Kim [ASINKLKLQ7GP1] (Req TV): $14.40/hr/hr
Description:
Answer a 5-8 minute survey!
HITs Available: 33
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1131487961-316470] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Reactions: Blakkat
Status
Not open for further replies.