09/17 - Sampling Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I have just another half hour left (well a little more) to accept the terrible offer on my dump of a house (the offer is for what it's worth - it covers my expenses and that's about it). Hard day over here :(

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A survey of daily activities.(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: mb [A2JM9MMZQKLZL3] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 3.00][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
A survey of people's daily activities and their perceptions of them.
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 12
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Exc: [22168-21579] has not been granted, Location is one of: US

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have just another half hour left (well a little more) to accept the terrible offer on my dump of a house (the offer is for what it's worth - it covers my expenses and that's about it). Hard day over here :(
Ugh. House stuff is the worst. Hope things turn around soon. <3

Reactions: jan and Kerek

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
the only correct answer here is how bad you need the money, but that's with selling anything really

Reactions: jan and Kerek

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you still trying to decide?

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
the only correct answer here is how bad you need the money, but that's with selling anything really
I don't need the money - at all. In fact, I could spend money and fix it and - if I were savvy and skilled, even make a small profit - but it would be tens of thousands of dollars and contractors and we have to get out of Florida (it hasn't worked well for me :(.

So, dump the dump :(. I feel really terrible.

jan

Reaction score
Are you still trying to decide?
IDK. I want to be the one to make a profit.........but the house is in so much disrepair. It's really a huge job.

Reactions: Kerek

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
IDK. I want to be the one to make a profit.........but the house is in so much disrepair. It's really a huge job.
That sounds like a nightmare to deal with if you're just trying to get out.

Reactions: jan

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't need the money - at all. In fact, I could spend money and fix it and - if I were savvy and skilled, even make a small profit - but it would be tens of thousands of dollars and contractors and we have to get out of Florida (it hasn't worked well for me :(.

So, dump the dump :(. I feel really terrible.
turn that frown around by thinking about being free from it instead, and being able to move now...

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Task vC3 (Extra bonus up to $3.00) | PANDA
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.34][Fair: 4.92][Comm: 4.21][Fast: 4.90]
Description:
Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. Bonuses are awarded based on performance. The task will take 10 - 15 minutes. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid. Note that this game requires an exact number of workers. If we recruit too many or too few workers you will be paid the basic reward but the game will not begin. We do not allow repeat workers, if you have worked on a HIT titled "Decision Making Task vC3 (Extra bonus up to $3.00)” where the game began, you will be asked to return the HIT.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anyone ever have a problem with panda crazy not doing anything when you click on details of a panda or panda crazy not letting you turn on pandas? Also, when I'm on the page "hits assigned to you" right beside the word hits it says highlighted in pink "pc enhanced mode" what the heck is going on?
Be sure you have the current version of the script running. (0.3.12). That happened in a previous version. If it still happens you might need to downgrade to version (0.3.9).

if you are running the new queue helper script it just shows "pc enhanced mode" for future use. That script just makes sure the next hit after submitting is the lowest timed hit in your queue.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this before? The highlighted in pink option is new. I fixed my panda crazy.

jan

Reaction score
That sounds like a nightmare to deal with if you're just trying to get out.
that's the consensus. It's just - you know - when you buy a house you have so many hopes. This is not what I had wanted. I really wanted to fix it and then sell it (head held high :). Dumping the dump feels terrible

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure you have the current version of the script running. (0.3.12). That happened in a previous version. If it still happens you might need to downgrade to version (0.3.9).

if you are running the new queue helper script it just shows "pc enhanced mode" for future use. That script just makes sure the next hit after submitting is the lowest timed hit in your queue.
Thanks for explaining it! :) Now I'm not worried

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
that's the consensus. It's just - you know - when you buy a house you have so many hopes. This is not what I had wanted. I really wanted to fix it and then sell it (head held high :). Dumping the dump feels terrible

Edit: I think you might be undervaluing your time, peace of mind, the opportunity costs, etc., when it comes to not dealing with all it will take to fix it up and sell it later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 526

maybe it would help to focus on the new opportunities where you move to :) sorry this is hard for you

Status
Not open for further replies.