Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Do you take Xanax? We want to hear your views | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Mark J K [A18M16Q7UC511A] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 45 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Complete a short survey on anxiety medication.
Requirements: Location is one of: CA, US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
People like this wonder why we aren't still friends.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
how easy would it be to go to the doctors and get anti-depressants? like how would he/she truly know you were depressed? obvious signs they look out for?

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
how easy would it be to go to the doctors and get anti-depressants? like how would he/she truly know you were depressed? obvious signs they look out for?
Depends on the doc, honestly. Some will just throw out pills to any problem you have. Some (the better ones, imo), will actually work to find what the problem is and what your background is.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Peachy

Tcs757

Head of the Better Bird Bureau
Contributor
Reaction score
You most likely have to get recommended by a psychiatrist who will perform an examination of some kind to determine if you're actually in need of anti-depressants.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I just went to the doctor and said gimmie antidepressants and he was like "okay."

edit: I didn't like this method.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yes . There are symptoms. There are tests. And there are psychiatric consultations. Then they would decide the best course of treatment. Pills aren't usually the first line of attack. They are usually for persistent depression, so that one can get a break in their symptoms for a small time to do the work with coping skills that is lacking.

EDIT Or walk in looking like Jaded @Jaded:wink:
Flash a little elbow.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
your regular physician? They'll do a depression screening - the Hamilton or Beck depression inventory. It's just questions. They'll want to know how long it has been g oing on and if you're okay (that's me saying 'safe'). They'll probably ask if you want to see a therapist (good idea :) It's nice to have someone to talk to that's on your side).

The screening isn't that big of a deal. You can look up those inventories to get an idea of what they'll ask.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes . There are symptoms. There are tests. And there are psychiatric consultations. Then they would decide the best course of treatment. Pills aren't usually the first line of attack. They are usually for persistent depression, so that one can get a break in their symptoms for a small time to do the work with coping skills that is lacking.

EDIT Or walk in looking like Jaded @Jaded:wink:
Heck my old doc had me on so much stuff years ago all because I said I was drowning in life...HELLO kids, work and life. That was it, not talking, no checking for anything just hear take some meds and shush up. This was probably 15 years ago when they handed them out like candy.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Heck my old doc had me on so much stuff years ago all because I said I was drowning in life...HELLO kids, work and life. That was it, not talking, no checking for anything just hear take some meds and shush up. This was probably 15 years ago when they handed them out like candy.
My doctor is old and doesn't really care. I think he's just waiting to retire. He probably should have sent me to another doctor person.

Status
Not open for further replies.