11/13 - Transitions Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
My only option is to use my phone as internet. I used to hot spot until someone pointed out its much slower, I've been tethering and this is what I get

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I do think that some of the worst of the newbies supposedly getting masters were making it up. Probably because I might have, at one point, gotten bored and made an account to claim I got masters after turking less than a month.

Possibly.
:eek:

Reactions: JCGrey and Jaded

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I do think that some of the worst of the newbies supposedly getting masters were making it up. Probably because I might have, at one point, gotten bored and made an account to claim I got masters after turking less than a month.

Possibly.
lol, damn why on earth would you do that? that's russian troll level there

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
What speeds are you paying for? I know they do a $50/100 mbps plan.. so if that's the case then my suggestion wouldn't do anything, but if you're not: Spectrum routers (and really any other) offer 2 different channels to connect to - 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. If you're not already on it, and your wireless card supports it, switch your connection to the 5 GHz channel. Higher bandwidth and less interference from household devices like microwaves and landlines. You'll know if your wireless card supports it or not by watching if it actually connects or not.
Yeah I have two connect options, I'm connected to the one with my internet name but with 5G next to it, so I'm assuming that's the 5 GHz channel. I could probably figure out a way to just connect it will a wire but I'm lazy. Maybe I can convince my boyfriend to rig something up (or clean out all his useless crap in that room hehe) if I tell him I'd make more money.

Reactions: savvy and Metallica

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I have two connect options, I'm connected to the one with my internet name but with 5G next to it, so I'm assuming that's the 5 GHz channel. I could probably figure out a way to just connect it will a wire but I'm lazy. Maybe I can convince my boyfriend to rig something up (or clean out all his useless crap in that room hehe) if I tell him I'd make more money.
boyfriends are easily "bribed", just saying

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
A trick I used when I was in an apartment was use a 100 ft cable, and then place command strips near the ceiling and run the cable to my PC that way. Probably the least "destructive" way of doing it in a place like that.

Reactions: katarina

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score

Possibly.
I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

dirtyrogue

Reaction score
Nah it's not a wired connection. The room the modem and stuff is in is essentially a storage room, so would be no room to put a desk in, and frankly if I had a wire running to the living room, my ass would be tripping over it constantly.
Have you thought about running cables? I don't know if you own or rent but it's a pretty easy thing to do and will boost your reliability and speeds.

Reactions: katarina

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
A trick I used when I was in an apartment was use a 100 ft cable, and then place command strips near the ceiling and run the cable to my PC that way. Probably the least "destructive" way of doing it in a place like that.
There's a pretty good chance you'll notice the difference too, a drastic ping change like that could let you catch hits more reliably.

Reactions: Jaded and katarina
Status
Not open for further replies.