Mturk Suite Thread

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
If you choose the color codes in MTS, the ones with no TO are gray. All the others are yellow, green or orange.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have Chrome 66.0.3359.139. I want to run Hit Scraper for batches and MTS for better-paying hits.

I have Hit Scraper Fix, https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/37713-hit-scraper-fix-for-json-issue
and
HS with Export 4.1.3. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/2002-hit-scraper-with-export-legacy
I know it's legacy, but I was hoping the fix applied to that.

Neither will run in Chrome. I get an error message "page not found."
The legacy version only worked on the old www site.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
The legacy version only worked on the old www site.
Is there a newer version, or has it been replaced by Hit Forker? or is there another workaround?

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is there a newer version, or has it been replaced by Hit Forker? or is there another workaround?
Read the author's description for the legacy version.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I really wish there was an option to block out requesters with no TO ratings. I've been getting a lot of recent requesters with no TO ratings that have 100% rejection rates that rejects everyone for no reasons. Now I have to return every HIT with requesters with no TO ratings just in case.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your issue, but could you leave a TO yourself with a bad rating, since you know they reject? Then they'll come up with a low rating and you can choose to only view results with high enough requester rating for you.

nmelssx

Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your issue, but could you leave a TO yourself with a bad rating, since you know they reject? Then they'll come up with a low rating and you can choose to only view results with high enough requester rating for you.
No, but like, if you leave a TO rating with a bad rating, it doesn't really matter anymore on your end, since you already got the rejection, and your ratings are already affected. Sure you and everyone else can red bomb their TO to get even, but it won't make your own ratings any better to do so. But I do that anyways, even though it doesn't make me feel much better.

What I'm saying is that it would be better to just have an option to block out requesters with no TO ratings. Or maybe just requesters with no TO ratings that offers under $1.00 HITs. Because it wouldn't be worth the risk to do their HITs. And save us more time, instead of panic accepting every HIT you see, and then having to return their HIT later because you don't want to risk it.

nmelssx

Reaction score
There seem to be a bug in the Minimum Requiters Rating where it isn't working, and the most of the colors aren't showing up in mturk suite.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
RIP hit tracker history - I can't find my backup, and the computer said it kept all my personal files while factory resetting, but I don't know where MTS saves the tracker stuff to.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
By "factory resetting," you mean you wiped the HD? or you did a Windows repair install? What browser are you using?

Last edited:

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
Quick question: is there a way to export the watchers from HIT Catcher? I don't see those in the json file when I do an export from HIT Tracker, and I can't find any other place to do exports.

Thank you!

nmelssx

Reaction score
Please.

We really need a checkbox to block out new requesters. 95% of my rejections comes from new requesters. No ratings means high risk, and they shouldn't show up if we check the checkbox. Please.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
No, but like, if you leave a TO rating with a bad rating, it doesn't really matter anymore on your end, since you already got the rejection, and your ratings are already affected. Sure you and everyone else can red bomb their TO to get even, but it won't make your own ratings any better to do so. But I do that anyways, even though it doesn't make me feel much better.

What I'm saying is that it would be better to just have an option to block out requesters with no TO ratings. Or maybe just requesters with no TO ratings that offers under $1.00 HITs. Because it wouldn't be worth the risk to do their HITs. And save us more time, instead of panic accepting every HIT you see, and then having to return their HIT later because you don't want to risk it.
Judging new requesters is a skill that takes time to develop. You actually have to pay attention to all of the subtle details about how the HIT presents itself, and you have to do this pretty quickly. I have done many good "one shot" hits by new requesters and some good batch hits (although my batch skills are much weaker than my one shot skills right now...) I would personally suggest that avoiding new requesters is a strategy that will not yield long term success.

Brocktoon

Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?
Reaction score
Has anyone else's HIT Catcher stopped giving sound alerts? Mine catches, but hasn't sounded for the past week or so. I only have a few regulars, so I noted down Group IDs and reinstalled MTS, but still nothing.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Last edited:

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has said anything about it, but I've been having an issue where the iframe isn't selected and so tab inputs will jump to the bottom of the screen, and a rarer issue where the iframe doesn't take any input at all and either the page needs to be refreshed entirely or the iframe itself does. Absolutely no changes in what scripts I'm running, noticed the issue started happening about a week or two ago after a Chrome update.

Edit: Should mention that this issue happens with both the extension and the scripts you've made available, though the extensions causes the iframe not being selected issue to happen less frequently.

Last edited:

Schwifty

Turk'ing Newbie
Reaction score
Am I not seeing the OP? The first post just says "stuff."

jan

Reaction score
Am I not seeing the OP? The first post just says "stuff."
Kadauchi @Kadauchi wrote stuff :).
He checks in here to see what people are experiencing with mturk suite. When mturk itself changes, he sometimes has to adjust the script. Or he adds things, in part, based on what folk bring up as....'stuff.'