Mturk Suite Thread

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey Kadauchi, thanks for this great extension! I've been using it for the past 3 days but I noticed that if you deselect Enable TO in Hit Finder, it won't scan at all. I want to disable TO because it seems to lag. My settings are Scan Delay 5, and the rest are default. I also selected Qualified, Hide Blocklist, and Hide Master. Thanks!
HF is in the middle of a completely rewrite so all of these things will get fixed.
I'm sure you've already been notified but it's been brought up several times in the daily thread this morning: the direct export button isn't working for anyone at the moment.
I have not, I shall check it out.

Reactions: TurRaider8v

TurRaider8v

Reaction score
Small bug found: If you have a Requester in your Include list but have one of their HITS on your blocklist (ie you've done it already), the blocked HIT will still show up as a notification like the other Includelist items.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Is there any possibility we could get a checkbox on HIT Finder to disable Pushbullet pushes? It would be nice for when I'm actually at my computer and don't need to be getting them on my phone.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is there any possibility we could get a checkbox on HIT Finder to disable Pushbullet pushes? It would be nice for when I'm actually at my computer and don't need to be getting them on my phone.
On the new HF

Reactions: Bolbor

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I've been having a problem connecting to MTurk. I installed MTS into Chrome recently, and it worked well. The past few days, I sign in, but the HF voice tells me I'm not logged in. Yesterday it took 3 hours to finally see that I was signed in. I kept restarting it. Today it's been 5 hours, it has scanned over 14000 times, but the page is still blank. I've turned it on and off a few times.

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I've been having a problem connecting to MTurk. I installed MTS into Chrome recently, and it worked well. The past few days, I sign in, but the HF voice tells me I'm not logged in. Yesterday it took 3 hours to finally see that I was signed in. I kept restarting it. Today it's been 5 hours, it has scanned over 14000 times, but the page is still blank. I've turned it on and off a few times.
Are you signing in onto worker.mturk.com and not just www.mturk.com?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
That works! Duh. I didn't think it mattered. So do I always need both or just the new site?

One more: in Firefox, neither HF works any more on the old site. I get the Welcome page instead, even though I've entered "https://www.mturk.com/mturk/?finder_beta"

Have they started deactivating the old site?

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That works! Duh. I didn't think it mattered. So do I always need both or just the new site?

One more: in Firefox, neither HF works any more on the old site. I get the Welcome page instead, even though I've entered "https://www.mturk.com/mturk/?finder_beta"

Have they started deactivating the old site?
You need to be logged into the site that HF is searching on.

I don't test anything on FF nor do I support the userscript anymore.

Mr. Boss

~Very Bossy~
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the bonuses to show up in my Overview report (even after clicking sync). Am I the only one?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
You need to be logged into the site that HF is searching on.

I don't test anything on FF nor do I support the userscript anymore.
OK. The address of HF in the Suite is :
chrome-extension://iglbakfobmoijpbigmlfklckogbefnlf/hit_finder.html
Please explain how I would know which site it is.

Mr. Boss

~Very Bossy~
Reaction score
OK. The address of HF in the Suite is :
chrome-extension://iglbakfobmoijpbigmlfklckogbefnlf/hit_finder.html
Please explain how I would know which site it is.
Click on Advanced Settings on the HF page. Then there's an option that says "Site to Scan". That's where you choose either mturk or worker.mturk

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Thanks, Mr. Boss. Are you Statler or Hilton?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Ah I knew about the status but I didn't expect Firefox to tell me it seemed to be corrupt. Uploaded to and signed by AMO and it installed perfectly fine. Thanks for the quick response.
I just downloaded that one into my FF. It has HF, but lacks HitCatcher, which simplifies Panda Crazy beautifully. It does prevent my having to use Chrome, which is a plus. Also I already have my FF set to show visited links in bright orange.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Kadauchi--request for a feature. Chrome lets me use red for links visited, but it doesn't work in the Suite. I know you just updated, but might we expect this some time soon?

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Kadauchi--request for a feature. Chrome lets me use red for links visited, but it doesn't work in the Suite. I know you just updated, but might we expect this some time soon?

There's a way for you to change the link color yourself, if you want, any time you run MTS. The following isn't a permanent change, so this is something you would have to do every time you open MTS. However, it's the much easier option than changing the code yourself to get the link visited color that you want, and it will work all day - as long as you don't close MTS. To do it in Chrome:

Go to the window/tab you have MTS running in.

Hit "stop" so it doesn't run.

Right click, and scroll down to "inspect" - it will pop up new windows.

In the very top left corner of the new window that popped up, there's a square with an arrow over it. Click it.

Go down to one of the shown hits and click the writing.

In the right-most window, under "style", you'll see the "a:visited" code. Click the colored box, and from there, choose the color you want the visited link to be.

From those windows, click the top right X (not of the main tab/window) and you're good to go all day.

Again, this is something you'll have to do any time you open/close MTS because it can't save actual code this way, but trust me when I say it's much simpler than altering the actual code. And once you do it a couple of times, it'll go really fast for you so it shouldn't be inconvenient.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
There's a way for you to change the link color yourself, if you want, any time you run MTS. The following isn't a permanent change, so this is something you would have to do every time you open MTS. However, it's the much easier option than changing the code yourself to get the link visited color that you want, and it will work all day - as long as you don't close MTS. To do it in Chrome:

Go to the window/tab you have MTS running in.

Hit "stop" so it doesn't run.

Right click, and scroll down to "inspect" - it will pop up new windows.

In the very top left corner of the new window that popped up, there's a square with an arrow over it. Click it.

Go down to one of the shown hits and click the writing.

In the right-most window, under "style", you'll see the "a:visited" code. Click the colored box, and from there, choose the color you want the visited link to be.

From those windows, click the top right X (not of the main tab/window) and you're good to go all day.

Again, this is something you'll have to do any time you open/close MTS because it can't save actual code this way, but trust me when I say it's much simpler than altering the actual code. And once you do it a couple of times, it'll go really fast for you so it shouldn't be inconvenient.
Thanks, Walking Clicked the arrow-box. I don't see shown hits. Also there's no "visited" code under the Styles tab. Did you leave something out?

Last edited:
Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, Walking Clicked the arrow-box. I don't see shown hits. Should I click another tab first?
If you haven't been running MTS first, start it up so it shows some HITS on the screen (that's what I meant by "shown hits" - sorry, could have been a little clearer), but then hit the stop button. You need some HITS on the screen so you can click on the writing to change the link visited color.

I took a screenshot and numbered the steps so you can see what to do. :)

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
1--Is it possible for me to change either of the 2 squeaky sounds that mean "new hit?"

2--When I block requesters with the wrench, their hits get bordered in red, but they don't disappear from the list. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
If you haven't been running MTS first, start it up so it shows some HITS on the screen (that's what I meant by "shown hits" - sorry, could have been a little clearer), but then hit the stop button. You need some HITS on the screen so you can click on the writing to change the link visited color.

I took a screenshot and numbered the steps so you can see what to do. :)

Thanks, Walking! Works for a few minutes, then they return to dark purple again. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalkingEmphasis