Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
hey johnny,

i'm having trouble understanding and using the 'Custom search' tab in SearchCrazy...
I've created a trigger with the accepted words being "answer", "survey", and "study"
Once I start searching with those three words i get nothing. (Is it looking for all three words in the same hit? Or individual + combinations?)

So i've tried deleting the other words and only having "survey", and it will begin fetching and finding HITs, but the highlighted words in the 'Custom triggered HITs' tab are "Answer" and "Study"

Is it because those "Answer" and "Study" highlights have "survey" in the description? Or are my previous deleted words somehow still active?
Adding more words to a custom search is telling it to be triggered on a HIT that has all the words added in the title or description. This should be used sparingly because it can slow down the searching process. Should just use 3 custom searches with each word and it will work fine with no slowdowns. Don't worry about the number of searches because it does the searches very fast by just using text. I will try to describe the included words better so it won't be too confusing.

Not sure why the highlighted words are using the deleted words. Probably it's not clearing them out of memory. A refresh of the page would fix that but I believe it's just a display problem and not actually searching on those deleted words. I will double check on it and see if I can get it fixed up later.

Reactions: vburnin8tor
Reaction score
I haven't started using search crazy yet, still just using panda crazy.

I'm not sure when this happened, quite possibly when I upgraded from 23 to 26 couple of days back, but now none of my RID searches are doing anything at all.

I'm testing right now with a HIT I do all the time, and it's just not triggering at all.

Is the "fetched" number supposed to go up every time a search is done for RID searches? It's not moving at all for any of my RID searches, maybe that is a clue?

I haven't messed with the search timer. It's at 950, and search pre's are 0.

Panda's are running normally.

Last edited:
Reaction score
update: I restarted my browser for another reason, and the search triggers are working again now.

In future, I will look for search triggers not incrementing the "Fetched" count, and know that something is amiss, and a browser restart should cure whatever the issue was :)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I haven't started using search crazy yet, still just using panda crazy.

I'm not sure when this happened, quite possibly when I upgraded from 23 to 26 couple of days back, but now none of my RID searches are doing anything at all.

I'm testing right now with a HIT I do all the time, and it's just not triggering at all.

Is the "fetched" number supposed to go up every time a search is done for RID searches? It's not moving at all for any of my RID searches, maybe that is a clue?

I haven't messed with the search timer. It's at 950, and search pre's are 0.

Panda's are running normally.
I'm glad you got it working again. Was that RID search an import from an older exported file or did you create it? I did put in some self correcting code at start up so that might have fixed it. Just tell me if it happens again. I'll be checking for anything like that myself.

Reaction score
I'm glad you got it working again. Was that RID search an import from an older exported file or did you create it? I did put in some self correcting code at start up so that might have fixed it. Just tell me if it happens again. I'll be checking for anything like that myself.
I had just upgraded to version 0.9.26 so yes, the RID searches were imported from a file created with 0.9.23. I'll let you know if it happens again

But I did create a brand new one as well to test the system, and that failed as well, so I think the whole "search" system was down.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there a way now to trigger a sound/alarm for just specific HITs (or searches being triggered)? I've given up on trying to get pushbullet to work on my android phone, so just going to use a bluetooth speaker to wake me up instead. I can use Hit Finder to make a noise of course, just wondering if Max had anything similar now? Cheers
Just installed Hit Finder 3.2 and that appears to have completely removed the "alarm" option from the include list, so I'm back to having no way to wake up up for good hits sighhh

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is there a way now to trigger a sound/alarm for just specific HITs (or searches being triggered)? I've given up on trying to get pushbullet to work on my android phone, so just going to use a bluetooth speaker to wake me up instead. I can use Hit Finder to make a noise of course, just wondering if Max had anything similar now? Cheers
Just installed Hit Finder 3.2 and that appears to have completely removed the "alarm" option from the include list, so I'm back to having no way to wake up up for good hits sighhh
The alarms should still work for jobs. Check the alarm sounds and settings. If a HIT has been triggered by a custom search trigger it should sound like change dropping. There is an alarm for that too on the search page you can change and make sure it works. I did test pushbullet and it did work but have to have everything filled in.

Reactions: turkinthailand
Reaction score
Another awful thing about this new version of Hit Finder, is that it appears it overwrites or masks out the "PCM[Panda]" buttons at the top of a page. Now if u go to a queue page and click 'Work' you can't see the buttons, which is a real PITA. Maybe there is an option in Hit Finder to turn this off but I haven't found it yet.

And I really need your buttons visible so I can quickly add Pandas.

Not your fault of course, just letting you know what Hit Finder 3.2 has done .....

If I can do custom alarms with search triggers I can dump Hit Finder completely, yay

Last edited:
Reaction score
The alarms should still work for jobs. Check the alarm sounds and settings. If a HIT has been triggered by a custom search trigger it should sound like change dropping. There is an alarm for that too on the search page you can change and make sure it works. I did test pushbullet and it did work but have to have everything filled in.
I need an alarm that can be customized to wake me up, so I guess that needs to be done on Search Crazy, is that right?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Another awful thing about this new version of Hit Finder, is that it appears it overwrites or masks out the "PCM[Panda]" buttons at the top of a page. Now if u go to a queue page and click 'Work' you can't see the buttons, which is a real PITA.
I'll look at that later. I'm going to wait to see what kind of fixes they do before I make any changes. I might do a fix on github for the buttons to show but will wait until MTS gets changed before I make an update to chrome webstore. Not sure when I will look at those buttons because I'm taking a break this week from programming but I might fiddle with it when I have nothing to do.
I need an alarm that can be customized to wake me up, so I guess that needs to be done on Search Crazy, is that right?
Depends on what action you want to be waken up on. If you want to be woken up for a very good HIT that gets accepted then the alarm options on panda page should work fine. Just find a good sound that will wake you up and change it. I used that to wake me up for a good batch many times with an external speaker. There is an app for phones called soundwire that I used to hook up only the audio from my computer to my phone but only works with WIFI. Used that a couple of times when I was outside to know when a HIT was accepted.

If you want to know when a regular search trigger was found then there is no alarm for that. Regular triggers automatically create a panda job and if a HIT gets accepted it should sound the alarm anyway. Regular triggers don't show the HITs in the triggered Hits tab. There is only one alarm on the search page options that works with the custom search triggers. If a custom trigger finds a HIT it will sound that alarm and place it on the custom trigger Hits tab. That is the alarm you can change if you want to be woken up for that but you can also force it to automatically start a panda job for a custom trigger and have the alarm sounded when a HIT gets accepted.

Reactions: turkinthailand