Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm experiencing an annoying issue with PandaCrazy Max extension on my ChromeBook. The PandAs section is getting smaller and smaller day by day, I deleted the extension and downloaded it again and it looked fine at the beginning but when I imported my settings, the bug was there too. There's no way to grab the line in the middle and drag it down.
https://ibb.co/j5PHcj8
I am not sure why it would be doing that and I have no chromebook to test it with. But you should be able to move it down. On the right side of that line you should be able to move it up or down with a click. If that doesn't work I may have to add an option to disable that feature of moving the lower window up and down.

Reactions: Ransie

Ransie

Equality Advocate
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure why it would be doing that and I have no chromebook to test it with. But you should be able to move it down. On the right side of that line you should be able to move it up or down with a click. If that doesn't work I may have to add an option to disable that feature of moving the lower window up and down.
I did as you said and it worked, I guess I was expecting to grab the line in any point, I missed the feature on the right...sorry. It's just weird that the line in the middle goes up constantly day by day just by itself, maybe it's because I'm switching between 2 screens, 11" and 24". Anyways, now I know how to fix it. Thank you very much, God bless you :wink:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I did as you said and it worked, I guess I was expecting to grab the line in any point, I missed the feature on the right...sorry. It's just weird that the line in the middle goes up constantly day by day just by itself, maybe it's because I'm switching between 2 screens, 11" and 24". Anyways, now I know how to fix it. Thank you very much, God bless you :wink:
That's great that it worked. Would have liked it to be like the original where any point on the line can move it but it was a bit complicated so I went with the easiest way. On a computer using chrome it shows three lines on the right side but it doesn't show it on your screenshot. Tell me if it keeps on doing that when switching. It does it's own calculation with the height of the screen so it makes sense it could cause a problem when switching. Maybe I can figure out a fix for it or just add an option to disable it.

Reactions: Ransie

Dminer

Reaction score
So, I am fairly new (day five) working on Mturk, and I have been reading a lot and hanging out in the background trying to soak up as much information as I can. However, I do have a question.

I'm running Panda Crazy Max and have created pandas and to which they work wonderfully for other hits, but I'm running into difficulties with one requester. It is trying to give me the same task over and over, to which they state that for this specific task we cannot turn in the same task more than once. Instead of the same job would I be able to just have the requester's ID and the different tasks that they are requesting because each group ID is different? I hope this makes sense.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm running Panda Crazy Max and have created pandas and to which they work wonderfully for other hits, but I'm running into difficulties with one requester. It is trying to give me the same task over and over, to which they state that for this specific task we cannot turn in the same task more than once. Instead of the same job would I be able to just have the requester's ID and the different tasks that they are requesting because each group ID is different? I hope this makes sense.
I probably would try to create a requester ID trigger on the search crazy page. Open up the details for that trigger. Under the Panda Job Options tab, set the Accept Only Once option to true. That should create a panda job for any HITs it finds by that requester and will only accept one HIT before stopping. Now it may create a lot of panda jobs if that requester puts out a lot of HITs at once so just be aware of that. I believe that should work for this problem though.

Reactions: Dminer

Dminer

Reaction score
I probably would try to create a requester ID trigger on the search crazy page. Open up the details for that trigger. Under the Panda Job Options tab, set the Accept Only Once option to true. That should create a panda job for any HITs it finds by that requester and will only accept one HIT before stopping. Now it may create a lot of panda jobs if that requester puts out a lot of HITs at once so just be aware of that. I believe that should work for this problem though.
I feel so silly now. jeesh..... thanks. :banghead:

vburnin8tor

Reaction score
Could it also be possible to direct these types of RID search to a specific tab on PC? I have tabs separating types of work, and if a RID search is triggered, it will add the panda to whatever tab is currently focused. I use the main tab only for HITs I've manually accepted, and with the main tab being flooded with my searches it gets difficult to navigate quickly.

Or is the solution just making RID search jobs within unique tabs in PC instead of triggers in SC? What's the difference in efficiency if any?

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Could it also be possible to direct these types of RID search to a specific tab on PC? I have tabs separating types of work, and if a RID search is triggered, it will add the panda to whatever tab is currently focused. I use the main tab only for HITs I've manually accepted, and with the main tab being flooded with my searches it gets difficult to navigate quickly.

Or is the solution just making RID search jobs within unique tabs in PC instead of triggers in SC? What's the difference in efficiency if any?
I could possibly figure out a way to direct triggered HITs to go to a specific tab either by a general option or an option for each trigger. That could be a future addition.

Well I designed the search triggers first and they work well within the search page. I added the ability to place search triggers on the panda page just to be compatible with the older script that everyone is used to. So I had to force a few things to work to make that happen which caused some difficulties with sharing searches on both pages. I believe I got everything working correctly but can't be sure that there still may be problems with search jobs on the panda page that is why I try to persuade users to use the search page instead.

Search jobs and search triggers function the same way on either page but with a few differences. All enabled search triggers on the search page will operate when the search button is pressed. Makes things a lot easier and faster. Search jobs on the panda page are all disabled until the user enables them individually which can be slow to do every day. Both will add panda jobs to the current tab so it won't make a difference which tab the search job is placed.

Reactions: jan

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is there a limit on search triggers in Search Crazy? I'm up to 46 already, and that number can only really go up, not down
Well it's a complicated answer. My suggestion is to keep the search triggers simple and you shouldn't have any problems because the computer is only doing text searches which is the fastest way to search. Adding Include or exclude words to triggers will make it more complicated. Custom triggers works by text search also but adding more included or excluded words will make them complicated.

One of my tests I saw no significant slowdown with 500 simple triggers.

The complicated answer is by adding included or excluded words will cause the extension to pause to make searches with objects for each triggered HIT which may cause a slowdown. I haven't really done many tests so don't know the limits to this. The speed of your computer will also affect the speed of searching which is something hard for me to test properly. In the future I am thinking of adding stats for the search speed so a user can see when the search speed goes over the search timer which may cause problems.

Reactions: turkinthailand

PandaThief

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't really want to create another script similar to hit tracker or hit finder because the scripts out there do a good job. Once I finish the search page with custom searches it will come very close to those scripts. When I finish it fully and place it in the extension store then I'll have more help, donation and suggestions. Right now everything is in the github page and the issues section can be used for suggestions.
My Hitforker P.O buttons are not working with the extension, is there a workaround ?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My Hitforker P.O buttons are not working with the extension, is there a workaround ?
I just checked right now and it's working for me. Be sure you have the Panda Crazy Max page running first before you load up the Hit Forker page. Also try to reload the Hit Forker page.

PandaThief

Reaction score
I just checked right now and it's working for me. Be sure you have the Panda Crazy Max page running first before you load up the Hit Forker page. Also try to reload the Hit Forker page.
Awesome thank you , it worked

Reactions: Johnnyrs
Reaction score
Whenever I restore Chrome after a crash or restarting my machine, PandaCrazy Search seems to fail to load every time now.

I sit there for 5 minutes and it says it's still loading. PandaCrazy Max loads fine.

So I have to close both the Chrome windows with PandaCrazy Max and PandaCrazy Search in, then Start them both again (in tabs, not as separate windows). Then they load fine. And then I drag the tab over to the side to put them in their own windows again.

So I guess what I'm saying is PandaCrazy Search seems to always fail to load when it starts up in its own window. I have to load as a tab in main browser window as a workaround.

Hope that makes sense. I guess everyone runs them in their own window, though, right? Nobody else reported this?

I've only got about 100 search requesters in it.

cheers,

vburnin8tor

Reaction score
Whenever I restore Chrome after a crash or restarting my machine, PandaCrazy Search seems to fail to load every time now.

I sit there for 5 minutes and it says it's still loading. PandaCrazy Max loads fine.

So I have to close both the Chrome windows with PandaCrazy Max and PandaCrazy Search in, then Start them both again (in tabs, not as separate windows). Then they load fine. And then I drag the tab over to the side to put them in their own windows again.

So I guess what I'm saying is PandaCrazy Search seems to always fail to load when it starts up in its own window. I have to load as a tab in main browser window as a workaround.

Hope that makes sense. I guess everyone runs them in their own window, though, right? Nobody else reported this?

cheers,
I also have this issue, sometimes either page won't load if PCM is the only thing in the chrome window. Having a dummy tab first fixes the issue.

Separate request to allow users to further customize the "auto collect" feature, many times an auto collected trigger will stop collecting after 10 (at most) or less fetches. I'd assume it to probably reduce the amount of auto collect spam/slowdown in PCM but <10 fetches is not enough most of the time. And it typically only goes to about 2 fetches before turning off.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

cheers,
Most of the slow down I see is when I open up the search page right after the main page. But it shouldn't take over a minute to load. If chrome has crashed it may have caused a problem in the database which may be slowing it down. Loading in a tab or another windows really isn't any different so it shouldn't cause the slowdowns. Make sure you wait a few seconds before loading up the search page so there isn't a conflict between the pages loading data. If you are still having problems the last resort is to export all your data to a file and then import that same file. It should fix any database problem in theory.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I also have this issue, sometimes either page won't load if PCM is the only thing in the chrome window. Having a dummy tab first fixes the issue.

Separate request to allow users to further customize the "auto collect" feature, many times an auto collected trigger will stop collecting after 10 (at most) or less fetches. I'd assume it to probably reduce the amount of auto collect spam/slowdown in PCM but <10 fetches is not enough most of the time. And it typically only goes to about 2 fetches before turning off.
The fetches thing might be a bug I fixed in a future update but I will recheck this. For auto collects there are a few reductions the extension makes but that is on the search side when it finds a lot of HITs all at once. The amount of panda's it creates is limited so it won't slow the panda's down.

Reactions: vburnin8tor
Reaction score
Most of the slow down I see is when I open up the search page right after the main page. But it shouldn't take over a minute to load. If chrome has crashed it may have caused a problem in the database which may be slowing it down. Loading in a tab or another windows really isn't any different so it shouldn't cause the slowdowns. Make sure you wait a few seconds before loading up the search page so there isn't a conflict between the pages loading data. If you are still having problems the last resort is to export all your data to a file and then import that same file. It should fix any database problem in theory.
It happens every time, even on reboot (not just after a Chrome crash, Chrome crashes are a rarity for me).

When Chrome is restarting, and restoring its previous state, it obviously loads all the windows simultaneously. Is that the issue? That it's trying to load both PCM and PCS at the exact same time? Sounds like it is from you saying "make sure you wait a few seconds before loading up the search page."

So I'm not sure how to easily work around it, coz it's Chrome doing the restore that causes both to load at the same time. No way in code I presume to delay loading PCS if PCM is currently loading? :)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yes opening the main page and the search time at the same time would cause conflicts. Most of the database work is done in the background but when two pages are fighting over who got there first it's difficult. I tried to make it organized but didn't plan on two pages opening up at same time. Maybe in the future I can make it so the search page can't load until the main page is loaded. The search page was an after thought so it was never planned when I started the extension and the code is a bit messier than I would have planned.

My best advice to you is what I do every night is close the search page first and then you can close the chrome browser or reboot computer. When chrome starts up it will only load up the main page and then just remember to start up the search page manually. That should work correctly.

Reaction score
My best advice to you is what I do every night is close the search page first and then you can close the chrome browser or reboot computer. When chrome starts up it will only load up the main page and then just remember to start up the search page manually. That should work correctly.
Nice idea. Will do it that way. Thanks :)