03/11 - Summing Up Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning :coffee:

I finally caved and bought some thin mints and um, they were kinda terrible? It's been a few years since I've had them, did they change or something?
There are different bakers around the country and so they're slightly different regionally. It's possible you had some from a different baker than you had previously.

Reactions: MerryLou

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just looked it up and I guess in 2015 they changed the recipe. They're vegan now!

Yeah...

I've found I've shifted away from thin mints over the years. I haven't really considered my motives for doing so, but maybe I subconsciously noticed a change? All about those Tagalongs these days.
Why mess with perfection? LoL

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
@everyone who replied

They're like super dry? It's like the flavor was okay but they were unpleasant to consume. I also had one Samoas (a sample) which was bad in the same way. Curious.

Reactions: Jaded and ItsAmyTee

SunlitSunflower

FIGHT FOR LIFE! STRIVE FOR MORE. GROW TALL!
Reaction score
People still getting them? Someone is turning the faucet off on us! REVOLT. GRAB THE PITCHFORKS AND DEMAND YOUR RIGHTFUL SHARE. BURN HIS CROPS. PILLAGE HIS HOME. TAKE WHAT HE OWNS TI LL YOU HAVE YOURS!

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know which one paid for the tow but I did need to use something for a tow once. I think I had both, the insurance and the phone insurance so it might of been my car insurance that paid for the tow. Either way as you say they are not that expensive and far worth the price, especially the cell insurance as that's hopefully usually a dead battery. The last time I had AAA they were not worth the price. I waited hours one hot afternoon in Houston and they ignored me. I had a flat tire, a bad back so I don't try to change them. I paid two Hispanics $20 which was a lot at the time to change it for me so I could go home. Just flashed the bill at them when I saw them and they were right there.
Yeah i have heard stories of it taking a long time for AAA to show up for some people. Its been pretty fast here in southern california though so I'm satisfied. 30 minutes is about the wait time. If i had to wait longer than 2 hours I could probably call for help over my amateur mobile radio in the car and have another friendly ham help me out lol.

Reactions: cassius

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score
Not as many N/A's on this current batch of 5's. :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.