09/20 - Love Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorwrath

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't get too excited... I'm sure it will come with other improvements... such as increased throttling, more PREs... a captcha after every hit completed... advertising... mandatory unpaid surveys for "profiles"... and 3 week withdrawals.
I can never take these updates seriously. I know they are building a new site and what not but after all my communication with Mturk's customer service over the years I learn two things. They either can't help me because they are lazy or they can't help because they actual don't know how.

I have learned in the past few months about being better at recognizing toxic relationships. I enjoy giving, and helping people, but then there comes a point where I realized that I was wasting my time with people who didn't want to help themselves or get better. I don't regret not one thing, because at the end of the day, all I wanted was to be a help to them. Not get praise or a pat on the back. But it was like the more I put out, (time, energy, etc) the more they took. I get to charge it to the game, but I won't deny that it hurt to have to cut ties with those people who just "take, take and take". Especially when I use to be close with these individuals and now we're basically strangers. "How did we get here?" Is what I tend to ask at times.

*sigh* Late nights causes too much deep thinking.
You should do what I do. Everyone is a low/mid/high level acquaintance until they can prove a friendship is worthwhile. Gives me peace of mind for not helping or caring for others. In fairness I would still not really care even if I didn't have this system but I feel it gives me a legit reason to be cold/heartless.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
anyone doing a eugene wu that keeps getting stuck saying the submission would not go thru?

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can never take these updates seriously. I know they are building a new site and what not but after all my communication with Mturk's customer service over the years I learn two things. They either can't help me because they are lazy or they can't help because they actual don't know how.

You should do what I do. Everyone is a low/mid/high level acquaintance until they can prove a friendship is worthwhile. Gives me peace of mind for not helping or caring for others. In fairness I would still not really care even if I didn't have this system but I feel it gives me a legit reason to be cold/heartless.
I'm passing out hugs tonight. Do you need one? :)

I'm just kidding with you.

but seriously? :)

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
Look at it as a good time to clear your mind. Don't doubt your choices. You can only give out so much until it starts to wear on you. For health reasons you have to sometimes close those doors. Looks like you have done that.
Yeah, I started realizing the toll it was taking on my sense of being and just my overall mindset. It's like I looked for the good, but often times too ignored what was really staring me in the face. I knew it, but still gave the benefit of the doubt. But I have closed those doors, and have been able to breathe better because of it. It was strangely easy too.

Reactions: Pippa
D

Deleted member 526

I wonder why she blocked me
i did a hit from her yesterday, with a slightly different title
ohhhhhhhhhh if she's blocking to prevent retakes, she might block me too. because I just did that survey. we cannot have requesters just randomly blocking.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
That's really no different than a baby trying to touch a hot stove. Animals (and people) learn through experiencing situations and getting feedback. This includes cluing animals and people in on the whole social contract thing. Find a way to reward the good behaviors you want to encourage.
Yeah, but I've spent the better part of nine years trying to clue her into the fact that the dog park is a real entertaining, fun place to be, from outside the fence. The lesson simply doesn't sink in. Seriously, the whole reason I got a dog was so that I could go to the dog park and meet boys. That hasn't been an issue for a long time, because I met the boyfriend, and I guess it still isn't an issue because it' me and her.

That's my girl. I just wish she liked other pups, but she's happy, I think, so I'll just leave it alone.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
ohhhhhhhhhh if she's blocking to prevent retakes, she might block me too. because I just did that survey. we cannot have requesters just randomly blocking.
what's the deal with random blocking?

D

Deleted member 526

what's the deal with random blocking?
I mean it's not really random. she might be blocking people to prevent them from taking same/similar surveys. that would also explain my block from the survey requester that I just found. I checked the TO on mine. someone reported the same thing there. it's a bad way to prevent survey retakes.

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score

I used to be like that. Keeping people at arm's length, choosing not to feel anything at all. But then realized it made me itchy in my own skin. It wasn't who I truly was. I don't hate those people who are no longer my friends, because now I can move on even if they don't want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: warriorwrath

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
I mean it's not really random. she might be blocking people to prevent them from taking same/similar surveys. that would also explain my block from the survey requester that I just found. I checked the TO on mine. someone reported the same thing there. it's a bad way to prevent survey retakes.
Scary. I don't think they understand how much they put worker's account's in jeopardy by doing that.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
D

Deleted member 526

Scary. I don't think they understand how much they put worker's account's in jeopardy by doing that.
I've read blocks to prevent survey retakes don't have the same weight as other blocks. but I have no idea. it does make me nervous. especially since I didn't get an email about it. I also didn't get an email when another requester blocked me. so I don't know how close or far apart the blocks happened or when they happened. could've been awhile ago. oh well nothing I can do.

Reactions: Onyxbird

warriorwrath

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm passing out hugs tonight. Do you need one? :)

I'm just kidding with you.

but seriously? :)
no i hate hugs and being touched in general

I used to be like that. Keeping people at arm's length, choosing not to feel anything at all. But then realized it made me itchy in my own skin. It wasn't who I truly was. I don't hate those people who are no longer my friends, because now I can move on even if they don't want to.
Well it is good to separate and move on. It's a wise and logical choice.

Reactions: Onyxbird
Status
Not open for further replies.